Okay
94 (27%)
Good
65 (18.7%)
Great
37 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 316

Author
What did you think of AvP? (Read 86,720 times)

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I watched it again last night, my pros and cons:

Pros - I loved some of the Predator weapons and amour (like wrist blades etc). I actually thought they didn't look to bulky.  I also loved the Predator masks. I thought the Aliens were pretty cool. The effects were brilliant, as did the alien. I though the scene where the Predator spirals through the air and jabs the Queen was awesome. I thought the Celtic vs Alien fight looked quite cool.

Cons - Hated the way that the Predator's got killed so easily. Crap dialog (Hunters Moon). Bad acting in some places. Lex looks far to skinny and pristine to be a mountain hiker or whatever, let alone be taken to fight along side a Predator. Hated the Predator faces. Hated the way it was always so dark. Generally the Predator's looked really slow, like old WWE wrestlers or something, with only one example of them being warrior-like. Hated the new Predator thermal vision (though I liked the alien vision). I hated the ridiculously large shoulder cannons.

2 out of 5 - Disappointing.

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteI though the scene where the Predator spirals through the air and jabs the Queen was awesome.

I thought that was terrible actually. I just didn't like the japanese-influence that they'd given the Predators. The shuriken and that jump are prime examples.

QuoteHated the new Predator thermal vision (though I liked the alien vision).

Same here. I actually found out why they changed it to orange.  On the DVD, the visual effects guy, John Bruno, said it was done because it "looked cooler". How can they change something like that? It really puzzles me.

The Ultimate Predator

I thought it looked cool. Better than WWE the rest of the time.

It didn't look cooler anyways. It served no purpose. And even if it did, they're destroying a vital part of the culture of the Predator.

Milo Minderbinder

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Nov 18, 2006, 09:15:36 AM
The Celtic vs Alien fight I did enjoy, except Celtic being killed. Its just ridiculous, in hand to hand, a Predator can generally take out an Alien, just look at the original comics.

In AvP on the PC I can pretty easily take out loads of predators as an Alien. I'd imagine any decently skilled Alien could do the same.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But on the game it's to give the player a chance.

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

AvP wasn't all bad. I got a pair of really nice banners for it.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Well, I did liked it, I have to agree that it could've beena lot better and that Anderson simply did whatever he could to get the job done, decent imagery and a quick buck.
But it's not completely his fault, I think it's more Fox's fault by hiring him in the first place. If they were serious about it, they would've hired a better director (Scott, Cameron, Jackson or Del Toro), and Stan Winston Studios at least!
I thought the overall concept was pretty interesting, some of the visuals were really cool, I hated the Preds being all wierd phisically, and slow...but it definetly had potential, I enjoy it every now an then.

The good thing is that it completely resurrected the merchandise for both lines, because currently there's a lot of Alien and Predator products out there, and pretty cool ones! So, not everything was bad!

The thing is that currently Hollywood doesn't take chances, they want to sell products...but if good directors like Nolan or Raimi can make great movies with box office success, then somebody can do the same with AvP...unfortunately the problem is that FOX hired a coouple of Music Video directors for AvP2, but let's wait and see.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

ADI did a good job on the costumes - apart from the Predators but I think that was down to Andersons interference.

And don't sell out the Strauses yet. Ridley was just a commerical director before he did Alien - unless you count the one film he did before hand.

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

Why would you not count a film among his films?  ???

Harry72

Harry72

It's not the best but it's ok.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Duellists, that's it. The point is he hadn't made a lot of stuff before hand. Mostly ads on Tv and a single film.

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

And episodes of TV shows. I think.

The Ultimate Predator

The Strause Brothers could have potential, we just don't know.

AvP had way to many faults to be a decent film IMO.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I dont understand Anderson, he had 6 movies to help him make a great, scary but full of action movie...and he f----d it up, i dont hink hes ever seen any of the Alien or Predator movies, he probablly went on youtube and watched some clips of the films  >:(

ButtZilla

ButtZilla

It's O.K.

All the good moments were Predator and Alien shots. Bad bits were unnecessary human fodders. Also the Batman rip off between Scar and Alexa was so cheezy... it kind of ruined it. lol...  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed