Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 732,599 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Lol outlandish I say! Poppycock!

solace97

solace97

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 28, 2024, 11:18:45 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 12, 2012, 04:41:51 AMWell, the egg sac would allow for the rapid production of fully functional eggs.  This method would be much slower.  Theoretically, a soldier alien could produce eggs the same way.

I'm not saying this is a bad theory but I'm trying to make sense of this. So here's my questions. There's literally nothing to back this claim. Aside from egg morphing, we cannot just assume a microscopic egg managed to fully grow outside of its sac. And you mention fully functional. How did it manage to get to a fully functional state without the sac then? The eggs are so large that they have to be microscopic as they enter the sac to then fully grow. So now you take away the sac and all of the sudden it can still grow with a developed face hugger? And it still doesnt answer the grated floor question. We see Newt in the floors so we know what they look like. The queen only walked in a relatively small place after coming down from the dropship

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We also know what the cryotubes look like, but Alien 3 didn't seem to care about them either.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Unfortunatly its the closest we'll ever get to an answer.

Also would explain the angle and strange look of the egg. And we don't see all of the subflooring in the whole bay, there could be an area under that floor where this egg is.

And if you think this is crazy, read Gibsons Alien 3 drafts. The egg literally grows out of bishops abdomen because the queens tail left the micro egg goo behind.

solace97

solace97

Blasphemy. I like the creativity but I can't accept it, outlandishly POPPYCOCK I say!

I think we need to see the blue prints of the sulaco then. I just don't see it being different unless there's something that shows it. I'd assume you would keep the same design at such a critical part of the ship that opens and closes doors to the vacuums of space

Digging into this always makes my head hurt, it was a dream

And that was my next question what's up with the cryo chamber and the EEV I never understood that about A3 or looked into it. Was there a reasoning it was different.

426Buddy

426Buddy

It's as simple as Fincher prefering the classic cryotube look over continuity. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

solace97

solace97

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 28, 2024, 11:48:04 PMIt's as simple as Fincher prefering the classic cryotube look over continuity. 

I guess Ripley couldn't replicate it properly when she was in her dream state imagining Alien 3 and Resurrection

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I love the film, so thinking about how to make production stuff like this "fit in" I find pretty fun, even though I know it not to be the case I like to think the cryotubes load from one design into the other as they are ejected into the emergency escape vehicle.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: solace97 on Mar 28, 2024, 11:50:39 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 28, 2024, 11:48:04 PMIt's as simple as Fincher prefering the classic cryotube look over continuity. 

I guess Ripley couldn't replicate it properly when she was in her dream state imagining Alien 3 and Resurrection

Some people get upset at the idea of Alien 3 being nothing but a dream.

Spoiler
I am not one of those people.
[close]

solace97

solace97

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 28, 2024, 11:55:22 PM
Quote from: solace97 on Mar 28, 2024, 11:50:39 PM

Some people get upset at the idea of Alien 3 being nothing but a dream.

Spoiler
I am not one of those people.
[close]

I just want you to know that got a hefty laugh out of me

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Puts all the cool stuff that features things from it in a rather awkward context though!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Too many things I enjoy about A3 and making it a dream just feels creatively bankrupt. I was never down with Blommys retconning either.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AlienĀ³ is real😃👍 The facehugger is dreaming inside the Sulaco egg with the prequels! ;D  ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

A nightmare, rather. And a beautiful one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed