Started by Frosty Venom, Jul 22, 2019, 08:03:34 AM

Alien 3 or Blade Runner?

Alien 3
10 (33.3%)
Blade Runner
20 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author
Alien 3 or Blade Runner ? (Read 12,100 times)

SM

SM

Hard to ascertain with most of what he said being wrong.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Quote from: SM on Oct 03, 2019, 08:32:14 PM
Hard to ascertain with most of what he said being wrong.
Thanks pall.
Lol
And yes the extended fox greenlit cut of alien 3 was in my opinion very good.
I know the director refused to involve himself with alien 3 after its release. Fincher was his name?
Id have to spend to much time looking into it to see all where I was wrong but when I did read about alien 3 and the extended cut (a while ago honestly so I could very well be wrong on alot of it) it was implied what I said was true.

Dig through here for the information if you dare lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3 highly

recommend alien 3 extended cut for a watch. You might enjoy it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's as if Google doesn't exist.  :laugh:

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TYRANTKINGALIEN on Oct 04, 2019, 06:09:45 AM
Id have to spend to much time looking into it to see all where I was wrong

Quoteso the director was a crazy person during filming the 3rd film,
Fincher's a bit of a perfectionist, but he wasn't crazy. It was his first feature film and the producers didn't give him a lot of credit, dismissing him as someone who makes Pepsi commercials (They had a habit of hiring people and then acting like they were the worst person they could've hired? It's a bit weird.)

Quotethey ended up with like 6 hours of film worthy footage,
"Film worthy footage" is a weird thing to say, but it was never 6 hours long or even able to be six hours long.

Quotehis lack of control and direction lead to alot of problems during the filming of the 3rd film.
Fincher had direction, but no control, as the producers kept changing things.

QuoteThe whole film ended up going through massive rewrites and script changes to the point when they were done filming. The director released the theatrical cut to theaters and pissed everyone off for the most part.
The rewrites were constant and imposed by the producers. Directors aren't able to just release the movie -- the studio rushed the film and Fincher ended up having little say in the editing process by the time they were refining the theatrical cut.

QuoteThan in 2003? Around there the crew made an extended cut that added like 45 extra minutes of footage and made the film so much better. They took all the old footage and put an entirely different movie together.
The studio commissioned a new edit of an alternate version of the film for the 2003 Quadrilogy release with about 25 minutes extra. It was not intended as a superior version or a fix -- the notes in the Quadrilogy itself say it was intended as a novelty.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

TYRANTKINGALIEN

What sil said, allthough 1 thing I disagree with. I'm actually a fan of the film zodiac, a very thought out film for sure. watching behind the scenes footage of the zodiac. If fincher was like that during the filming of alien 3, which due to cast members talking about it, we know he was. I think crazy is acceptable word use.
A perfectionist doesent just waltz off set yelling at people and blaming stuff on actors which he has a habit of.
Also correct this was his 1st film, yet blame is allways on the producers, the script, rewrites, never on fincher.

I call it the crew cut cause they got original cast members to come and do the audio again. They all agreed to come back and work on the film a second time. Not easy to assemble that many cast members for a film that was 10 years old.
So I call it the crew cut.
All the while fincher refused to have anything to do with the film.
Also they had a massive amount of footage, like the script had them film like 6 solid hours of footage that they had to go through and edit the shit out of it, which is why the theatrical cut of the film is so jumpy.
They added like 30 minutes of NEVER BEFORE SEEN footage and had original cast members back to dub those scenes.

P.S. I did not mean crazy in a negative way. When I get into the cage people call me crazy as well.

Edited***
You know for somone defending fincher you really have no f**king clue what an asshole he is. And in any part of the real world he would have gotten his teeth knocked down his throat. Some hollywood officials have coddled him like a baby and he shits all over them with how he presents himself.
I'll say it right now.
David fincher is a crazy, ass-hat director that has only made 3 decent movies. And even in those films he has treated his cast and crew like shit.
He Is has an inflated ego and hasent done shit worth all the bullshit he gives his crews.

Go ahead and google david fincher "asshole" I was just curious if my crazy comment was valid and you are right, it was not.
He is an asshole.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Brad Pitt seems to like him.

TYRANTKINGALIEN

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 04, 2019, 07:40:50 PM
Brad Pitt seems to like him.
How many friends did hitler have?

Just because somone likes you does not change the fact your an asshole.
I can be an ass as well, And I have friends lmfao

I can name off alot of people who hate his guts. But I really dont want to go and research all that crap again.

Fincher is an asshat and he fumbled alien 3 and blames everyone other than his own inexperience. Now the fact he got the job is on fox. But he is 1 of the prime reasons that movie sucked. The extended version proves it.

the theatrical cut of that film was horrible compared to the crew cut. Dont believe me. Go check it out.

Bladerunner is a better film.
Alien 3 extended cut however is enjoyable compared to the theatrical jumbled mess we received.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did you know it was Fincher's decision to change the cryotubes in Alien 3?  >:(

TYRANTKINGALIEN

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 04, 2019, 08:39:33 PM

Wait seriously?
I'd have to watch alien 3 again while looking at the aliens cryogenic tubes. Did he really change their design from the film aliens? Why would he do that? and if true, it's just another thing he can blame on somone else.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Is this a David Fincher hate thread now?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: TYRANTKINGALIEN on Oct 04, 2019, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 04, 2019, 08:39:33 PM

Wait seriously?
I'd have to watch alien 3 again while looking at the aliens cryogenic tubes. Did he really change their design from the film aliens? Why would he do that? and if true, it's just another thing he can blame on somone else.

Seriously.

Go ahead and check.  I'll wait.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Didn't ACM fix the cryotubes though?

TYRANTKINGALIEN

TYRANTKINGALIEN

Quote from: Samhain13 on Oct 04, 2019, 09:11:18 PM
Didn't ACM fix the cryotubes though?
We dont talk about that game here lmfao

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I hear tell ACM made Alien 3 better.

SM

SM

ACM tried to fix them, but didn't really succeed.

QuoteFincher is an asshat and he fumbled alien 3 and blames everyone other than his own inexperience. Now the fact he got the job is on fox. But he is 1 of the prime reasons that movie sucked. The extended version proves it.

The extended version is what Fincher shot.  The workprint which cuts the ox-burster and the dumb 'lets all run off the furnace' scene and a few other things, is closest to Fincher's preferred cut.  Fincher had to fight the studio to film a bunch of scenes because it had gaps in it.

It's a little telling that you think Fincher is responsible for the theatrical version...

Fincher isn't blameless - he spent a long time shooting take after take of mundane stuff for example, but Fox and Brandywine hired Fincher, then did everything they could to undermine him, and are ultimately responsible for the environment on set.

The theatrical cut is much tighter - probably a bit too tight - than the long, slow repetitive special edition.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed