Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 440,218 times)

Danversity

Asked Larry Fong about the soundtrack. He's liked the two tweets I've mentioned him before so maybe he'll get around to say something.

von

von

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 06, 2018, 05:20:54 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 06, 2018, 03:44:53 PM
Quote from: von on Jul 06, 2018, 11:24:29 AM
Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 06, 2018, 10:23:05 AM
Maybe it's really just a mock up of his dog, Ollie, like Shane said.

pretty sure the set reports indicate that the hounds are based off Ollie or just Pitbulls in general XD

I was under the impression that they were referring to the stigma behind pitbulls rather than their looks.

Yes, the pit bull reference is more in terms of their behavior rather than their looks.

Pitbulls used for motion capture I believe. And also read that viewers should be able see some resemblance between the "hellhounds" and pitbulls. Why else would Shane post that image with the caption haha. I believe it's looks + behavior to an extent

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 07, 2018, 03:31:26 AM
I hope so! I'd hate to think he'd block someone over a reference to jokes that he wrote:laugh:

It wasn't personal. I can't access his page eother

Wysps

Quote from: von on Jul 07, 2018, 06:08:39 AM

pretty sure the set reports indicate that the hounds are based off Ollie or just Pitbulls in general XD

I was under the impression that they were referring to the stigma behind pitbulls rather than their looks.

Yes, the pit bull reference is more in terms of their behavior rather than their looks.

Pitbulls used for motion capture I believe. And also read that viewers should be able see some resemblance between the "hellhounds" and pitbulls. Why else would Shane post that image with the caption haha. I believe it's looks + behavior to an extent

Really? That I did not know. If that's the case, it makes me wonder then if Upgrade's dogs are strongly hybridized with our domesticated dogs...instead of being straight from their planet.

Spoiler
That would make more sense, especially with friendly Pred-doggy, post lobotomy.
[close]

von

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 07, 2018, 06:24:06 AM
Quote from: von on Jul 07, 2018, 06:08:39 AM

Really? That I did not know. If that's the case, it makes me wonder then if Upgrade's dogs are strongly hybridized with our domesticated dogs...instead of being straight from their planet.

Spoiler
That would make more sense, especially with friendly Pred-doggy, post lobotomy.
[close]
That's a strong possibility. Would make more sense, yes. Actually not sure about pitbulls for motion capture but here's the article that talks about dogs midway:

QuoteAccording to the supervisor, these Predator dogs will be nothing like the ones glimpsed in 2010's Predators, but rather a new creation that reaches back to the designs of Stan Winston, Tom Woodruff Jr., and Alec Gillis. After all, Woodruff and Gillis' company Amalgamated Dynamics is doing the Predator suit and Predator dog designs (the company had nothing to do with Predators).

"When we do the design in any film, but [especially] in this film, we try to baseline it off, in this case, the Predator," Rothbart says. "So we try to keep it where at least we have some familiar aspects to the dog that you can bring back to the Predators. They have some level of dreads to them, and their mouths are not the same as a Predator mouth, but they do have that kind of extended jaw." He even states they have the same skin while being based on some real life breeds—specifically pit bulls. "They have to play sometimes a very angry, mean role, and sometimes a nicer role, so we looked at dogs that fit that same, both scary and friendly, feeling."

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/the-predator/273522/the-predator-reinventing-the-myth-on-the-set

skhellter

Shane Black quit twitter.

Good job to everyone who was sending shitty comments to him.  ::)

Danversity

Quote from: skhellter on Jul 09, 2018, 06:57:50 PM

Yeah, that's sad...

black

It's too early ... there was not even a release yet, and he already gave up.

MudButt

Fandom is getting pretty bad these days. We have people like Rian Johnson, James Mangold, and Christopher McQuarrie among others simply talking about how fed up they are with it and how it's going to scare away directors from genre and franchise films. James Mangold said it best, if it keeps up eventually no talented filmmaker will want to go near a beloved franchise due to the backlash that comes with it and eventually we'll go back to getting these assembly line movies made by a hollywood hack and committee.

Quote from: black on Jul 09, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Can't say I blame him. Some of the members on here write the most bizarre things, disrespecting Shane Black because of something about the movie they didn't like. It's even worse on Twitter, there are tons of these brainless idiots who just spout nonsense all day until they get a response.

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 09, 2018, 10:09:15 PM
Fandom is getting pretty bad these days. We have people like Rian Johnson, James Mangold, and Christopher McQuarrie among others simply talking about how fed up they are with it and how it's going to scare away directors from genre and franchise films. James Mangold said it best, if it keeps up eventually no talented filmmaker will want to go near a beloved franchise due to the backlash that comes with it and eventually we'll go back to getting these assembly line movies made by a hollywood hack and committee.

Quote from: black on Jul 09, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Can't say I blame him. Some of the members on here write the most bizarre things, disrespecting Shane Black because of something about the movie they didn't like. It's even worse on Twitter, there are tons of these brainless idiots who just spout nonsense all day until they get a response.

Like calling him a hack because "hurr muh mandarin durr". Or insisting that The Nice Guys was a bad movie.

The Old One

The Old One

What backlash have James Mangold and Christopher McQuarrie received? The latter of which I haven't ever heard of.

Rian Johnson will get no sympathy from me, he can cry into his cash stacks that he hasn't earned.

MudButt

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 09, 2018, 10:12:22 PM
What backlash have James Mangold and Christopher McQuarrie received? The latter of which I haven't ever heard of.

Rian Johnson will get no sympathy from me, he can cry into his cash stacks that he hasn't earned.

It's not that they are getting it along the lines of a Rian Johnson, but they see what it does to people like Kelly Marie Tran or Daisy Ridley. It's not right to attack someone personally because you didn't like their film. Someone asked McQuarrie (director of the latest two Mission Impossible films) if he'd direct a Star Wars movie and he said he would have but not anymore based on how the fans treat the creators and stars of the films in such an immature way.

Rian Johnson made a movie that you didn't like, fine, but telling him he should go die and slit his wrists isn't the appropriate response.

The Old One

The Old One

That's what you get when you make a bad or divisive film based upon the most popular recent fictional IP in the age of the internet. I think that's the long and short of it- I'm not saying it means those extreme comments are justified; but at this point after the backlash the prequels received the people at Lucasfilm more than anyone should have expected that they may get a response like this.

MudButt

Nobody deserves comments like that based off some opinions from a movie. If you think "that's what he gets" because you didn't like a movie then you aren't that much different than the people who constantly attack these people online. I won't go too far into this anymore because this doesn't need to become another thread about TLJ.

Shane Black did right by leaving Twitter. Not everyone can deal with these idiots as well as others online. Sometimes you gotta do it for your own sanity.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 09, 2018, 10:26:56 PM
Nobody deserves comments like that based off some opinions from a movie. If you think "that's what he gets" because you didn't like a movie then you aren't that much different than the people who constantly attack these people online. I won't go too far into this anymore because this doesn't need to become another thread about TLJ.

Looks like you didn't read what I wrote.

I said those comments were not deserved, but it should have been expected- considering the franchises' popularity and history with negative feedback.

Huggs

Quote from: skhellter on Jul 09, 2018, 06:57:50 PM

Well, it was bound to happen. Entertainment is highly important to the modern human. It should go without saying, that a lot of the product being put out by Hollywood now is crap. Even if you can't agree with such an assessment, it's hard to argue that the reception for many of the franchise films aside from the marvel's have been rather divisive and controversial. Alien, Jurassic, star wars, etc. And now predator. I shouldn't even have to mention Pacific Rim 2 and Independence Day 2.

And we're also getting tons of political messages. Most of them not at all subtle. The stories are actually being shaped to accommodate the political message. And the retconning/revisioning. People are getting frustrated. That some are getting loud about it, is no surprise.

As for Shane quitting Twitter. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to the man, and openly condemn any of the hateful or violent criticism he may have experienced on the platform. But he's a successful adult, with a good job, healthcare, and a nice home. He'll be fine. I feel sorry for the 17 year old cashiers making minimum wage who got told to "go to hell" probably 15 different times today. And they weren't being told over the internet either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed