Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,944 times)

Kimo

Nice trailer... especially in the final shot of the trailer, the Alien looks very menacing. It seriously looks like it wants to kill everything around it. I would defo Run from this beast, forget about hiding from it... From the tiny clips we have seen, It obviously has the Look of the classic 70's xeno... but im also getting the vibe of  the animalistic nature of the runner from Alien3.

Anyhow nice trailer.

locusta

Quote from: Walter on Mar 01, 2017, 11:30:41 AM

Not sure, if I like the look of the dorsal spines pointing forward that much in crawling pose.

Whiskeybrewer

Got to admit it looks really interesting, i was wary of CGI Xeno's but for the sequence in the trailer i can completely understand

Danny McBride to the rescue lol

harlequinade

harlequinade

Quote from: Gorilla from Manila on Mar 01, 2017, 10:34:51 AM
Starting a rumor. That snarl at 1:53 sounds familiar :D

joking aside: I think the xeno is missing the famous biomechanical vibe. It's looks a bit too muscular in my opinion. But maybe that's just due to the fact that it is the "first iteration".

Spoiler
I think Scott's end game here may be to merge David with them and give them that vibe we know from original. I just hope David is not the one actually creating the first one but as someone very insightful on this board once suggested recreating them as if man was recreating dinosaurs
[close]

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 01, 2017, 10:53:36 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HkOp8DX.jpg

That is not an Engineer....
Maybe it is Shaw, maybe someone from the crew...
I dont know ??? :P

Spoiler
I think whatever is done to Shaw is something like Ripleys in A:R. The leaks said he conducted experiments on her but only recently is successful
[close]

Quote from: Infected on Mar 01, 2017, 11:20:04 AM

Could be Shaw.
but also could be Billy the captain who gets facehugged when looking in the egg,
the xeno is almost fully grown when they are still in the citadel as you can see from the scene,
so or there will be two of them or that one is just hard to kill.
Either way something was inside that human.

Those are petrified Aliens there among Engineers right? It did look like that on set pics

Bojo

whiterabbit

That is most highly likely probably definitely Shaw. Hey, look at that, she grew a vagina for a chest. She was pumped full of holloway's mutated seed... obviously something else besides the trilobite made her it's temporary home.

Infected

Quote from: harlequinade on Mar 01, 2017, 11:54:36 AM
Quote from: Gorilla from Manila on Mar 01, 2017, 10:34:51 AM
Starting a rumor. That snarl at 1:53 sounds familiar :D

joking aside: I think the xeno is missing the famous biomechanical vibe. It's looks a bit too muscular in my opinion. But maybe that's just due to the fact that it is the "first iteration".

Spoiler
I think Scott's end game here may be to merge David with them and give them that vibe we know from original. I just hope David is not the one actually creating the first one but as someone very insightful on this board once suggested recreating them as if man was recreating dinosaurs
[close]

Spoiler
I think whatever is done to Shaw is something like Ripleys in A:R. The leaks said he conducted experiments on her but only recently is successful
[close]

Quote from: Infected on Mar 01, 2017, 11:20:04 AM

Could be Shaw.
but also could be Billy the captain who gets facehugged when looking in the egg,
the xeno is almost fully grown when they are still in the citadel as you can see from the scene,
so or there will be two of them or that one is just hard to kill.
Either way something was inside that human.

Those are petrified Aliens there among Engineers right? It did look like that on set pics
I dont know, im still in doubt with that, it could be just the pose that make or made it look like there was some xeno type presence/activity.
I think its a genocide from David towards the engineers, and from Ridley's point of view to show how ruthless he has become,
and the focus is gonna be on David, so pulling out that conclusion it might seem to head towards David being the creator of it all,
wich is for most fans the worst case scenario of the whole engineer/jockey mystery.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Those are petrified aliens, even in the other set pics you could see "something" that was not an engineer. The petrified look could be, well I would assume it was from an engineers doomsday cure for the black goo, should something go awry. If they have the power to create they surely have the power to destroy.

Still doesn't any one find the similarities between the city and the temples on lv-223 interesting. They look the same aside from rocks in Prometheus there is petrified engineers in Covenant. Same round dome, wall, statues... almost like a time warp.

Tangakkai

Quote from: locusta on Mar 01, 2017, 11:46:55 AM
Quote from: Walter on Mar 01, 2017, 11:30:41 AM

Not sure, if I like the look of the dorsal spines pointing forward that much in crawling pose.

I'm just glad that we're back to the smaller tail... getting rid of those ankylosaurus-vibes from the AvP movies. ;D

SiL

Regarding the fleshiness, Scott always said the Alien collected host traits successively. So what we saw in Alien was Alien, Jockey, human.

harlequinade

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 01, 2017, 12:11:01 PM
Those are petrified aliens, even in the other set pics you could see "something" that was not an engineer. The petrified look could be, well I would assume it was from an engineers doomsday cure for the black goo, should something go awry. If they have the power to create they surely have the power to destroy.

Still doesn't any one find the similarities between the city and the temples on lv-223. They look the same aside from rocks in Prometheus there is petrified engineers instead. Same round dome, wall, statues... almost like a time warp.
So doesn't that negate

Spoiler
David creating them if they are already there when he arrives? I think he wants to re-create them and isn't behind the very first one
[close]

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2017, 12:11:40 PM
Regarding the fleshiness, Scott always said the Alien collected host traits successively. So what we saw in Alien was Alien, Jockey, human.
Actually, that's a good question, after all, where does this alien lead... I mean it could be a dead end. However for it to be apart of the life cycle it has to reproduce right? Otherwise there's no alien, jockey, human thing. At least not with this human born alien.

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 01, 2017, 12:11:01 PM

Still doesn't any one find the similarities between the city and the temples on lv-223 interesting. They look the same aside from rocks in Prometheus there is petrified engineers in Covenant. Same round dome, wall, statues... almost like a time warp.

You mean this? you can see two things in this, one: the rapid infection of the black goo dropped on them and attacking each other before being totally obliterated by it.
Two: a xeno head type engineer (if you choose to ignore the arm of the engineer)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It appears to be crushing the arm of the engineer. I assume that is the mutation effect of the black goo. That oddly shaped head. All assuming that it is David that goos them.

The alien could be all that is left on the planet. I mean that would surely peak Davids curiosity. Dropping something on a world that was supposed to annihilate everything but instead a single form of life survived. The spore pod neomorphs. That could be the form of the alien before David started to f**k with them.

I wouldn't put it pass david to combine his very self with that of the alien to create a perfect creature, in his own mind.

Rush Hour Rambo

Much more positive on this movie having seen that new trailer. Can't wait to see it now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed