ACM Status Update #2

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 19, 2010, 11:24:40 AM

Author
ACM Status Update #2 (Read 157,007 times)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Brother on Aug 26, 2010, 01:57:04 PM
Someone said the game will get canned at pax lolz

That was one of your better smart ass comments.  ;D  :P

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: JayHy17 on Aug 26, 2010, 02:31:39 PM
Gearbox Software, developers of Borderlands, Brothers in Arms, Aliens: Colonial Marines and others, appear once again to candidly talk with PAX about everything they are involved with!

I think that the first thing we need to establish is whether or not Gearbox got clearance from their leaders over at FOX to disclose any new information about this game.  Otherwise it wouldn't be the first time we were promised information by GBX and given nothing. 

Quote from: JayHy17 on Aug 25, 2010, 05:51:59 PM
They just want to confirm duke is real.

A confirmation of Duke could be good or bad.  DNF is a much more high profile game than A:CM.  If GBX is still committed to A:CM, they could step up their effort and get this thing out the door so that they can begin finishing DNF as soon as possible.  On the other hand, they may just decide to cancel A:CM altogether so that they can focus on DNF immediately.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Or they could make both so everyone can be happy with two potentially awesome games.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Aug 27, 2010, 12:44:14 AM
Or they could make both so everyone can be happy with two potentially awesome games.

...that's what i was saying.  ::)

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I suppose, it didn't seem like that at first.  :o  ;D

WinterActual

WinterActual

And the other side is IF(Oh my god NO,PLEASE   NO !!!) they say they will work on DNF and after that on A:CM. If this happen I guarantee you that we will never see A:CM  :'(  All my hopes are in PAX. I want to wake up and see reveal and gameplay trailer at Gametrailers. This can be like early XMass for us you know!

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Moss on Aug 28, 2010, 07:14:15 PM
And the other side is IF(Oh my god NO,PLEASE   NO !!!) they say they will work on DNF and after that on A:CM. If this happen I guarantee you that we will never see A:CM  :'(  All my hopes are in PAX.

I agree.  I will pay very close attention to exactly how things are said about this game when GBX answers questions about it.  Here are some phrases that I think are signs that this game is doomed:

...If all they say is, "We are still working on it and the progress is great.  We can't wait to show it to you later" (obviously).

...If they give a tentative release date for ANY one of their other projects but do not say a single thing about a tentative release date for A:CM.

...If they announce a new or secret project and say they are shifting a lot of their resources to it.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

What I think will happen is that most of GBX will be working on A:CM but a small part of their team will be working on Duke Nukem (Either Begins or Forever)
So 3/4 on A:CM
and 1/4 on DNF or DB.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Randy Pitchford has been interviewed as part of a Kotaku article looking at guns in videogames, where he begins his response with this interesting tidbit:

QuoteWe've got an arsenal of weapons — from authentic WW2 small arms to futuristic guns that inspired Borderlands to an actual Pulse Rifle from Aliens that fires .45 calibre ammunition.

Now obviously this doesn't reveal anything much on its own, but it seems significant that Aliens was one of the first things that popped into his head, and certainly suggests that Gearbox isn't trying to downplay its link with the franchise, as you might expect if they were moving toward cancellation.

Read the full article here - http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/08/what-do-game-developers-know-about-real-guns/

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Either that, or he remembered it because it's... well, unique.

Also, I want one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it's sweet they had an actual bullet firing PR made. That is so unique amongst the firearms people.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Too bad the gun doesn't sound like the movies, but if it did that would be kind of silly.

Takhen

Takhen

They showed it in the Jace Hall show.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 01, 2010, 07:14:06 PM
Too bad the gun doesn't sound like the movies, but if it did that would be kind of silly.

Yah. But I think those sounds did come from a real gun just not the PR.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Sep 01, 2010, 10:45:33 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Sep 01, 2010, 07:14:06 PM

Yah. But I think those sounds did come from a real gun just not the PR.
Any ideas what it might be?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed