What was the first Alien/Predator physical media you owned?

Started by Acid for Blood, Jan 28, 2024, 07:52:05 PM

Author
What was the first Alien/Predator physical media you owned? (Read 1,737 times)

Acid for Blood

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 29, 2024, 03:25:07 AM*casts mind back to '93/94*
Well the movies were tv recording at first for me, but for official media, it was...

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 29, 2024, 03:45:37 AMHonourable shoutout to this one though; picked up as a Xmas gift from my mother who thought it was another movie in the Alien franchise... 🤣

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 29, 2024, 05:43:49 AMMy first copy of ALIEN (1979) on home video was an ex-rental Betamax, bought from a video library in Salisbury, South Australia - close to the Parabanks Shopping Centre, in 1985...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2024, 08:56:13 AMFantastic topic!

I can't actually remember what the first actual thing I owned was. I remember I eventually inherited by Dad's VHS of Aliens and Predator but I'm positive I'd already taped Alien and Aliens SE off the TV myself by then. The first game was owned was Alien Trilogy on the Sega Saturn but that was a family console...

Thats really cool. Thanks for sharing those great memories! I was always jealous of people who had loads of the Kenner toys, but my knowledge of the characters and the Alien life cycle began by playing with those figures. But I share a lot of your experiences - most of us seem to be of a similar generation. Aside from maybe Pred 2 on the Mega Drive, Trilogy on the PSone was my first game. I still have it on the shelf!

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2024, 04:43:49 AMWhat's going with the guy in the photo on the left, second from the top?

An evil Quentin Tarantino?

Nightmare Asylum

The standard, single disc Alien DVD.

skull-splitter

VHS box, then DVD right after two years later... then quadrology, then blu ray, you know how it works...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

This and...

This for my Birthday, July 2004, from seven years old it became an obsession.

Sabres21768

This beauty. Still brings back memories. I would thumb through it for hours.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 01, 2024, 12:55:44 AMThis beauty. Still brings back memories. I would thumb through it for hours.

Great book!

Came across this back in High School. The art teacher owned a copy. The school library also had the novelisation and comic book. 1987 was a good year.

Wweyland

If I'm not mistaken, then the Aliens: Rogue book.
I treasured it.

Gridseeker

Regarding movies, the Japanese DVD of the first two Alien movies.
About comics, I think the "War on Earth" comic.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 01, 2024, 04:22:52 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 01, 2024, 12:55:44 AMThis beauty. Still brings back memories. I would thumb through it for hours.

Great book!

Came across this back in High School. The art teacher owned a copy. The school library also had the novelisation and comic book. 1987 was a good year.

This is one of the first thoughtful gifts I remember receiving. It was secret Santa at my first year at college and one of the lads got me one of the original printings of this.

Wweyland

I also had a Russian bootleg DVD of both Aliens and Predator 2, although the movie itself was in English thankfully.

Xenomrph

Technically mine was the Kenner Snake Alien mini-comic, because the Snake Alien was the first Aliens anything I ever owned.

aliens13

My first physical media of Alien that I had was the AlienĀ³ for the sega genesis. God I love that game, it was my first entry to the series when I was 4 or 5 years old, then I watched Alien Resurrection (my first Alien movie) around that time and since then I love Alien to this day

Local Trouble

bobcunk

The Kenner Bull Alien, My brother already had the Alien Queen but I accidently crushed it under a table.

Acid for Blood

Quote from: Gridseeker on Feb 05, 2024, 04:51:24 AMRegarding movies, the Japanese DVD of the first two Alien movies.

Were there any memorable special features on those versions?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed