Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 82,961 times)

SM

I think R-rated stuff will be on Hulu.

Nukiemorph

It's goofy, but we've recently learned that AVP is a separate license from Alien and Predator.

SiL

That's been known all along.

SM

Alien, Predator, AvP and Prometheus are all separate licenses.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 12, 2019, 12:36:51 AM
Is it remotely possible Scott Free could purchase the rights to the Aliens ( :P) series and just run it himself?  Nah...

I hope not!!  :-X

Evanus

That would be uh.. interesting.

Preferably Disney just lets Scott finish the prequel story properly, and then move on from there. I'd be happy to see certain things return, like the Neomorphs.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 11, 2019, 11:10:14 PM
That one's a bit of a puzzle, yeah. Still, it seems legit. Doubt someone would go through all this trouble just to troll some people. But you never know  :D

You must be new to the internet.  ;)

Yeah, a lot of people have gone through the trouble to create false leaks, and unfortunately will continue to do so. :-\

Evanus

Very true, ha. I'm just desperate for any news!

The Old One

The Old One

I think the franchise
is yet being controlled by Emma Watts? Yes?
Someone very enthusiastic about another Ridley Scott Prequel.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 12, 2019, 03:22:37 PM
I think the franchise
is yet being controlled by Emma Watts? Yes?
Someone very enthusiastic about another Ridley Scott Prequel.

Not on her own anymore, no.

Disney Studios sent over Alan Horn and Alan Bergman to "work" with Watts and have her cut most of the projects in development and reportedly streamline to 10 releases per year, half or more going to Hulu or Disney+.

There are rumors Watts is currently looking for a work elsewhere, as well as rumors that Disney has offered her a new deal under the restructured Fox. I guess we'll have to wait and see how that shakes out.

The Old One

The Old One

I see, I think it's the direction I outlined, or the entire thing is selved personally, or purchased perhaps although I doubt it.

Local Trouble

Does Disney have a habit of selling IPs they're not using?

SM

Not really - they sell companies, but rarely individual IPs.  They sold Dogma to the Weinsteins when they got nervous about some of the content.

Dingbat

If they make a new alien film but put it on Hulu or Disney+, will I still be able to buy a DVD version? Will it even be in the cinema?

Voodoo Magic

Cinema likely not, but DVD, probably, maybe?

Dollars spent in physical media dropped 50% in the last 5 years and is still dropping. With the industry leading Samsung being the first to pull out of the player market, I think we have to accept the fact that in the years ahead there will be fewer and fewer releases in physical media form.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed