Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 82,997 times)

Voodoo Magic

If and when we do get a new movie, it might not be even released in theaters, but rather Hulu and an international equivalent:

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 07, 2019, 05:08:44 PM
It's a little sad that I'm not even bothered that Ridley's prequel series might have been cancelled.

Likewise.

Drukathi

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 07, 2019, 05:29:26 PM
If and when we do get a new movie, it might not be even released in theaters, but rather Hulu and an international equivalent:

I doubt. Star Wars, Marvel - on the big screen. Why not Alien?

Local Trouble

Drukathi

Money? You mean box-office? In this case, X-man also go to Hulu.

Local Trouble

X-Men will be rebooted as part of the MCU.  If anything, it was one of the prize assets that Disney got in the acquisition.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Drukathi on Aug 07, 2019, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 07, 2019, 05:29:26 PM

I doubt. Star Wars, Marvel - on the big screen. Why not Alien?

Alien Covenant made 74 Million total only in the US, the very country studios get the biggest portion of ticket sales. If that's a Star Wars or Marvel movie, that's an epic disaster flop performance.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, for especially Disney's expectations for performance.

Kimarhi

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Evanus on Aug 07, 2019, 04:52:05 PM
Honestly I think they'll just go for a soft reboot. New ship, new crew, original alien. Nothing about the origins.

So... Life?

HuDaFuK

Life was a far better Alien movie than any of Ridley's prequels if you ask me.

Perfect-Organism

It felt like a cheap retread of Alien to me.  That was my first jaded reaction to it.  It's on Netflix now so I might give it a gander.

I enjoyed Prometheus much more than Life.  I don't think it was the Alien aspects either.  It was just such a grand vision that despite its shortcomings, the grandeur cannot be obscured.

SM

Prometheus for all its faults was streets ahead of Life.

Voodoo Magic

^
I unequivocally argree with this.

HuDaFuK

My biggest issue with Prometheus is it only thinks it's a smart movie.

Life, on the other hand, knew exactly what it was, and hit its marks with far greater success.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed