Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 02:42:56 PM
I agree that if the film's good, I can tolerate a lot.
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 01, 2015, 01:48:20 AMT3 and Salvation never should have happened.

A proper T3 should have begun with a prologue showing us Cyberdyne execs expressing relief that they had off-site backups and disaster recovery servers at a data center in Houston.  Then we'd see Sarah Connor watching C-SPAN in horror as the Skynet Funding Bill passed right on schedule.

Judgment Day still occurred on August 29, 1997.  Not despite Sarah's actions, but because of them.

That's my head canon and I'm sticking with it.
Last post by 426Buddy - Today at 02:28:35 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 05:32:04 AMYep, but the real sequels did that anyway.  All they did was postpone the war.

If a sequel to T2 has to be made, give me my Judgment Day on August 29, 1997 and complete the circle.

Agreed, give me my bleak nihilistic 'Alien 3' of the Terminator series where everything they did could not prevent the bombs dropping on August 29th, '97, and everything plays out as it should; scarred John sending back Kyle Reece, closely followed by a reprogrammed CSM-101 unbeknownst to Reece... except the war *wasnt* won as believed; We learn it was all a ruse by Skynet to ensure history plays out as it should / ensure its own creation by sending both the terminator to 1984 and the T-1000 back *knowing* they would fail.. with its survival guaranteed, the counter attack begins, obliterating the resistance.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 02:24:30 PM
I don't think I was looking at AI generated images. My eyes were just drawn to things because the image is clearer.
Just like it did with blu ray.
On TV, VHS and DVD, I never noticed that Ripleys harpoon gun from Alien was still wedged in the bottom of the Narcissus door. Then on blu ray I saw it for the first time.

With 4K I noticed that Vasquez has tattoos on her fingers.
There are Ron Cobb style symbols above some doors in Hadleys hope.
Frost has a sticker on his armour that says "Nuke em"
There's an upside down human skeleton stuck to wall behind Hicks when he inspects the open egg in the hive.
Things like that.
Recreational Area / Re: Kradan is pretty OK at the...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 02:23:20 PM
I think he waded into one of the Napoleon clips in his show. Funnily, Ridley later appeared on his show to discuss the film and they had a good laugh.

Another Bobbie Wygant interview in '79, this time with a mulleted Tom Skerritt. I wonder if he is refering  to the egg-morphing scene when he says there were stuff cut in which he thinks Ridley went too far?

Alien Films / Re: Vintage '79 Alien intervie...
Last post by aliens13 - Today at 02:02:37 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Today at 11:11:00 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Yesterday at 09:07:15 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Yesterday at 02:11:02 PMHe was so polite back then. No telling journalists to go f*ck themselves or what a bunch of losers historians are.
He said the second thing in some interviews?  :o

All in good spirits though.

https://twitter.com/thehistoryguy/status/1722948052485283962
😂 I'm guessing he told Ridley's that there weren't Sharks in the Colosseum in Rome and he responded that
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 02:00:37 PM
according to 'Out of the Shadows', Ash had uploaded his program to the shuttle prior to malfunctioning / being neutralised. If Ash is now essentially the ships computer, one would assume he could calculate speed and trajectory at which an external object is moving away, and transmit that data over the network for whoever is listening to be intercepted. 😉

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed