Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 283,497 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 22, 2013, 05:17:47 PM
This is awful news. This, you realize, means we will have some sort of ancient civilization of man as visited by Engineers and Predators at once crap. I am very apprehensive. I'd rather see them do something like link the 3 universes over different unrelated seasons of a TV series. But the key word there, is UNRELATED, except within the same universe.

Considering that Chris Sebela has said that he is not using the AvP movies, I don't think we will be seeing a 'God War' on ancient Earth.

We'll probably be seeing an Alien vs Predator vs Engineer battle but it'll be set probably in the future.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

The Black Super Predators may also be thrown somewhere in the mix.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 22, 2013, 11:18:36 PM

I most certainly hope to God not.. Please lord, no.

-Rakai'Thwei

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Oct 22, 2013, 11:26:08 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Oct 22, 2013, 11:18:36 PM

I most certainly hope to God not.. Please lord, no.

-Rakai'Thwei
If they're using the "Predators" license, it's almost a certainty.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 23, 2013, 02:22:30 AM
If they're using the "Predators" license, it's almost a certainty.

I really didn't like the Black Super Predators, to me they were just completely unnecessary. I mean the original Predator creature was scary in it's own right and very iconic. There was really no need to upgrade it, not to mention call the original design something akin to an eight track where the BSPs were considered something of an IPod. To me it felt like they were saying the original creature was obsolete and no longer relevant.

Also, if the Black Super Predators are a result of Predators ingesting or being exposed to the Black Slime... I can tell you I am just not really going to like that. I'm pretty sure that's not how the black ooze works, especially considering if we look at the worms and Fifield, and if you're going to count this one too, then maybe Halloway as well.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

Lol, the black slime creating the Black Super Predators is actually an interesting idea I never thought up of, but as you said it's one that makes little canonical sense whatsoever.  I'd just like to see how all these different groups react to the existence of each other and their viewpoints and perspectives of what the other species represents; this adds more depth to their characters and to the story as a whole.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I'm not gonna lie, whether this is over-thinking the previous topics we've discussed on where these comics fit in continuity, and whether or not they are going to be using the Black Super Predators... I think I'm gonna wait until the trade paperbacks come out and read up on fan reactions if they are going to be using the god awful preserve planet idea or the unnecessary and mediocre BSPs.

Also.. As much as I kind of like the idea of Aliens vs Predators vs Engineers... it kind of downplays the Alien and Predator, making everything else including those two revolve around the newly introduced Engineers. The Alien and Predator used to be the main threats and were the antagonistic forces, though in some cases the Predator was an anti-hero, but it makes everything shift and make the Engineer look like the serious big bad at this point.

I really hope that they don't have Engineers tossing Aliens and Predators like rag dolls.

And I really hope that the Engineers didn't create the Predators too. I've preferred them to be a naturally occurring species that have their own deities, their own beliefs and were not meant to be this subservient race to the Engineers which is what, if Prometheus is any indication of, what humans were supposed to be to them. Not to mention Predators don't look like Engineers..

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

The Black Super Predators are also the new "serious big bad" as well, I guess you could say they are the Predator franchises new bad boys just as much as the Engineer's are the Alien franchise's.

RakaiThwei

I wouldn't say that the Engineers are entirely new. What's new about them is the fact that they are simply giant humanoids, everything else regarding their relationship to the Xenomorphs has been under scrutiny for years and even explained in the expanded universe material. We knew that they had created the Xenomorphs long ago, before Prometheus was even filmed. It was just speculation at the time but Prometheus pretty much re-affirmed what we were discussing as speculation and theory concerning if the Space Jockeys created the Xenomorphs and at one point, made them as a bio-weapon. So.. technically, the Engineers aren't really new per se as they have always been there but.. as background characters and made rare appearances. But I suppose all prior appearances before Prometheus can be considered retconned and non-canon I suppose.

Also.. we kind of got a glimpse of what the relationship between the Engineers and the Predators are.. That's if you're willing to count AvP-R, and I'm sure A LOT of people don't but we do see an Engineer helmet in the trophy rack. We know that the Predators have been hunting them for years, we know that they are aware of each other. And therefore they have a Hunter-Prey relationship. No different from what the Predators have with us or the Xenomorphs.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

Well, I wouldn't be sure that the Predators have been hunting Engineers for years; it could have been a freak accident and 1 Predator just happened to find 1 Space Jockey and killed him.  Frankly, that's the most we can infer from that easter egg in AVPR.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 23, 2013, 04:50:58 AM
Well, I wouldn't be sure that the Predators have been hunting Engineers for years

Personally, I would think that the encounters between the Predators and Engineers were far and few in between since for years we were lead to believe that the Xenomorphs had put the Engineers into near extinction but.. that was before Prometheus.

-Rakai'Thwei

predxeno

predxeno

Well, if we presume the Aliens and the black goo are related, the Engineers on LV-223 were eradicated by some kinda Xeno life-form.  The only other thing we know is that the living Engineer had a homeworld called Paradise, we don't know if there are any actual living engineers left there, though.

SM

SM

QuoteWe knew that they had created the Xenomorphs long ago, before Prometheus was even filmed.

When and from where?

UFO-Man

UFO-Man

The classic Dark Horse Alien comics were such a mixed bag.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2013, 09:48:32 PM
QuoteThis is awful news. This, you realize, means we will have some sort of ancient civilization of man as visited by Engineers and Predators at once crap. I am very apprehensive.

So don't buy them then.

But if I don't buy them, and come on here VOICING MY OPINION and ideas on a communal fan forum, you might have one less person posting on here, and then however would you maintain your rarely insightful but always transparent, predictable condescending persona? What would happen then? Will I get blocked? Will you just respond with some other condescending brow beating? I can't wait to eat crow. - Edge of my seat!

This is an Alien Vrs Predator forum - maybe try and take yourself just a PINCH less seriously. Also instead of knocking everything everyone else say, try contributing / sharing some exciting ideas yourself. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed