A hardcover Predator lore book would be pretty cool

Started by Mr.Turok, Oct 23, 2023, 01:51:57 AM

Author
A hardcover Predator lore book would be pretty cool (Read 2,075 times)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Been rereading the Weyland-Yutaini Report book and do like the in-universe style of how all the films and lore categorized into files for WY agents to overview and study. I was always holding out on the hopes of a Predator equivalent of this, whenever a Stargazer or OWLF POV. Especially realizing that Hunting Grounds had basically revealed that these two groups have had cataloged many Predator encounters and would be cool to have a report read to look at.

It would also be a great way for newbies and vets of the series to look at as introduction to the series and new additional lore not yet seen before. Include the films as studied events written as reports and even stories from the expanded media that fits into the overall series with some new additional lore that none of the films and expanded media have not yet revealed like new theories on Predator behavior or some cool facts about Predator physiology since OWLF has Predator bodies in freeze under study. I'm sure they had uncovered some secrets from studying those corpses. Maybe add a cool fact that reveals why is it that CH can survive a direct lighting bolt from the sky or how they are so damm durable.

Aliens have been getting a lot of juicy content lately and having a Predator book like this would be a welcome new content that the Predator series is sort of lacking right now. It's such a missed opportunity if they didn't do this.

Local Trouble

Good idea.  It should come with a free case of soda.

Nightmare Asylum

I would hope for an entire chapter dedicated to the:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2023, 11:26:41 AM"Yautja Feet of Strength"

oduodu

always surprises me that such a book doesnt exist.

Wweyland

Yes, an OWLF case files book would make perfect sense. I would expect the lore wants to distance itself from Stargazer/The Predator.

Still Collating...

If I remember, A. Gaska mentioned he made a Predator bible, but never got around to publishing it. I would be up for a deep dive book on the Predators, of course.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 23, 2023, 10:35:44 PMIf I remember, A. Gaska mentioned he made a Predator bible, but never got around to publishing it. I would be up for a deep dive book on the Predators, of course.
I heard it wasn't as big as the Alien bible? I have no idea if it's true but it would suck if it was the case. Then again, the Alien series has the entire frontier of space and the three powers to work with. 

Either way, I would love to take a look at it and see how Predator films and expanded media fit into the whole Predator series.

oduodu

Chieftain Suom

The OWLF Report - I've been thinking about creating something like this for a long time! It could even include a few pages in the middle that look like a folder with the Project Stargazer logo on it, too!

Wweyland

Big question is, should it reference the AvP stuff? What about the NY invasion from the first Predator comics?

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 24, 2023, 07:40:34 PMBig question is, should it reference the AvP stuff? What about the NY invasion from the first Predator comics?
I guess like with the Alien bible, it's going to have work that doesn't conflict with the films or other established media. The first Predator comics that take place in NYC wouldn't be canon otherwise a Predator invasion would have been addressed at least in The Predator. How can the entire collective human race forget or not record an actual alien invasion does not make sense in the slightest.

For AVP, this is the case where I think Aliens are canon to Predator, as I think it was said that AVP is canon to Predator. Simply there has to be finesse to covering the events of both films. Like undercover OWLF agents checking out and reporting on the crater that is Gunnison, Colorado and interviewing the survivors of both encounters of their experiences. I mean we see the Ancient Predator's spear in the Stargazer base, it already links the AVP film with The Predator which links to the overall Predator series so it seems like they know something about the past two films.

SiL

AvP is its own separate thing, in terms of licensing -- effectively making it separate as far as a Bible is concerned, as someone working in Alien or Predator wouldn't necessarily be allowed to use the AvP material.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2023, 03:07:34 AMAvP is its own separate thing, in terms of licensing -- effectively making it separate as far as a Bible is concerned, as someone working in Alien or Predator wouldn't necessarily be allowed to use the AvP material.
I understand Alien as to both Ridley Scott and Fox distancing the Alien IP from AVP and Predator. I know the Alien RPG made it clear with that too.

It's the Predator and AVP part is where things feel muddy. In terms of licensing sure but Predator had used AVP material in Predator works, as we see Predator Hunting Grounds use the AVP Predators. Additionally, Easter Egg or not, I recall Shane Black said that with The Predator, he regarded the AVP films canon to the Predator line hence using the Elder Spear. Feels like there isn't some clear communication or agreement internally on Fox, hence why I would like to see a Predator equivalent of the WY Report Book to finally clarify it once and for all.

SiL

The WY Report doesn't clarify anything. The licensing department has no say over what the films do - a film is free to come along and ignore everything that came before, and they have done repeatedly.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2023, 05:38:27 AMThe WY Report doesn't clarify anything. The licensing department has no say over what the films do - a film is free to come along and ignore everything that came before, and they have done repeatedly.

The blueprints book did clarify that there were three cryotubes on the Narcissus though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed