[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 15, 2023, 05:04:14 PM

Author
[Updated] The Story Behind The Aliens vs. Predator Animated Series! (Read 21,697 times)

[cancerblack]

I'm not saying it was a smart choice or one coming from a love of the source material.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BullOrca on Oct 08, 2023, 01:49:35 AMSo, everything about this plot sounds just so messy, and misinformed. And while these two projects were not made at the same time, this being posted in the wake of live-action One Piece, which gets so much right, shows that sometimes the pendulum swings the other way; sometimes American studios don't get Japanese properties, sometimes Japanese studios don't get American properties.

That's got me thinking though.

Can anyone speak to the popularity of Alien, Predator, and AVP's popularity in Japan? I really have no idea where they would land, in terms of any modern relativity. Or is that a question to be posted in the forum, with it's own thread?

Welcome to the boards Bull0rca!

Alien appears to have a good following in Japan - especially on the merchandise front. Plenty of anime and games from Japan mimic the movies. I can only imagine that the reason we haven't seen an Alien / Predator manga would have something to do with copyright / Dark Horse having the monopoly on the comics for years (as I often think the style seen in the Aliens vs Predator arcade from Capcom would have been the perfect style for such a Japanese take back in the early 90s. Which is why I feel this project sounds like it's having an identity crisis - early 90s anime tropes, but sort of 'realistic' visual style - perhaps a more Capcom AvP style would have suited it better? 😅

skhellter

the marines in this had full on pink/purple anime hair. Doubt they were aiming for "realistic" style or tone.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 08, 2023, 07:10:59 PMthe marines in this had full on pink/purple anime hair. Doubt they were aiming for "realistic" style or tone.

Ahh, I hadn't seen that, only the image of the Xenomorph (is there a link?) 😃

skhellter

it's talked about in the podcast that this thread references

Thatguy2068

Why can't anime Respect the source material and have fun with it at the same time like with Edgerunner.

SiL

It can.

This one just didn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed