[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 136,365 times)

germanator2

germanator2

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 23, 2024, 01:26:06 AM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 23, 2024, 12:53:53 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 22, 2024, 06:08:06 PMIt's not even bashing other peoples opinions, it's bashing people by proxy, implying that they aren't worthy or relvanent enough to feature in these fictions we enjoy.

Glad you get it. Cause your opinions suck and you aren't as smart as you think you are

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 22, 2024, 06:02:25 PMIt's just a movie. I get the Star Wars and other products are getting some bad content lately, but that doesn't mean you have to bash other peoples opinion to make yourself seem superior. like would you be upset if the new alien movie had a female protagonist, if you do, I find that so hypocritical because freaking Aliens 1986 did the exact same thing.

Has nothing to do with her being female and everything to do with her being a Mary Sue that got young fighting make killed over a stupid 21 century sentiment of women are equal to men in every way. They aren't. Women are better at things that we aren't as well. Prey sucks. Period.
What makes her a Mary Sue? Because she constantly gets her ass beat throughout the movie, yes, there are some spots where she women in combat it doesn't mean she's perfect at it. Another thing, being a dick is not gonna get you far in life. you constantly batch other peoples opinion and say they're dumb but they're just sharing their opinion on a movie that you dislike. There's no need for this aggression in your behavior. Cancerblack was only putting out what you were doing of saying his opinion sucks and he isn't as smart as he thinks he is. I could see the same thing about you too.

I think what he fails to realize if he did a little historical research, the Commanche were feared for a reason. They were called Lord of the Plains for a reason. Yeah at some point when the men and women were of certain age, they were taught differently and how to contribute to their society (men were hunters while women were healers), but as children, boys and girls were both taught a lot of the basics of survival, hunting to even basic fighting, including probably with knives, bow and arrows and the tomahawk she uses. Tying it with rope is just a sign of ingenuity. I have no idea if it would work, but you do see her training with it and trying to perfect her form. She has a strong survival instinct like probably all Native Americans. They live and die by the land.

But nothing comes easy for her. She got her ass kicked by her fellow Comanche. Even though one of the trappers showed her how to load the flintlock, it didn't fire the first time when she aimed it at the feral, probably costing Taabe's life. She failed to kill the bear and even in a bit of foreshadowing earlier when she was with Taabe, she got her bow covered in mud which broke the drawstring off. There's a lot of trial and error to her journey.

Full disclosure, there are issues and inconsistencies I have with the film and the narrative, but overall I was pleasantly surprised by the film and I can see why some think it's the best since the first film.

Quote from: brokentusk420Glad you get it. Cause your opinions suck and you aren't as smart as you think you are

Oh I get it now. You're supposed to be a troll that we shouldn't feed or take seriously. Thanks for clearing that up.

Corporal Hicks

I banned him last week. You wont be seeing that behavior anymore.

CANNON

CANNON

Quote from: BritishActorFromAlien3 on Dec 04, 2023, 12:52:31 AMIt seems, to me at least, that what they're trying to do is similar to how contemporary brands redesign cars, phones, etc. They just drop a new look for whatever they produce (in this case the predator) and kinda force you to get used to it and convince you that the previous/original design is outdated.
I don't like this new appearance. It looks as if it's redesigned just for the sake of having a redesign.
It doesn't even look like a predator.
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Absolutely agree,

Stan Winston's original design has defined the Predator.
His design has established the look and face of a Predator since its original 1987 movie release and has helped establish the foundation for the Predators fame, popularity and success. That indistinguishable Predator face immediately became an iconic villain which stood out in comparison to other designs of the same genre. That legendary face and design, using practical effects has stood the test of time and is still recognizable and revered to this day.

That being said. In my opinion, the drastic change in the Predators face design for me made this feel less like a Predator and more like a new alien in its own movie rather than a new take on Predator.
Throughout Prey there are call backs to the original, with the intention of bridging Prey to the original movies while building new lore (which was great btw) but after seeing Feral's face, as a lifelong fan of Predator I felt no familiarity to this design choice which to say the least was, unrecognizable and distracting.
When they decided to intentionally reinvent the original design, they lost the Predators established identifying features in which made it so unique and special. They lost what made Predator a Predator.

The argument or justification that this Feral Predator is a different species or from a different hemisphere of the Predator home planet, will never convince me that this new drastically different face is indeed a Predator. Being that I did enjoy this movie as a whole, unfortunately it has failed drastically on this front.

Once again, The Winston design solidified the look of Predator, giving this unique alien an identity. I am all for changes and variations to alter or even compliment the original design intent for all future movies, but this new Feral design in my opinion did not do that at all. Infact, I think it is obvious when I say I do not believe the intention for Feral was to follow or alter the original established design but to create something drastically new by all means. In the process, in my opinion, unfortunately this new take and new face for Predator is too extreme and too different and for that it is not only a failure as a design but a disservice to an amazing original iconic Stan Winston design.

In closing, with Preys deserved critic acclaim and fan reception, I believe we will never again see another Predator movie with the true Winston Predator in it. That is the worst impact of all.

skull-splitter

QuoteThe argument or justification that this Feral Predator is a different species or from a different hemisphere of the Predator home planet, will never convince me that this new drastically different face is indeed a Predator. Being that I did enjoy this movie as a whole, unfortunately it has failed drastically on this front.
You must hate earth...

BigDaddyJohn

Earth sucks sometimes

CANNON

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 25, 2024, 08:46:34 AM
QuoteThe argument or justification that this Feral Predator is a different species or from a different hemisphere of the Predator home planet, will never convince me that this new drastically different face is indeed a Predator. Being that I did enjoy this movie as a whole, unfortunately it has failed drastically on this front.
You must hate earth...

What I hate is that an iconic design was ruined which new is now incomparable to old, all for the sake of what? P1 Jungle Hunter is a Predator, Feral is a bug.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed