What does a new alien movie need?

Started by xuser88, Aug 21, 2009, 02:21:00 PM

Author
What does a new alien movie need? (Read 9,283 times)

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: J-Syxx on Aug 26, 2009, 03:31:56 AM
It's a new thread, so I replied to it with my thoughts.  Get off my penis, sir.  Rest assured, I'll reply to more threads in the future.

Anyways, if you don't want to do a serious rebuttle fine, I won't bother either.  But being an elitist Alien super-nerd is also not an argument explaining why every published criticism of the film is wrong and he's actually a hack, even more so than "Cameron RULEZ" is or what ever you accuse me of.

I'll start bringing serious points to the table when you start bringing a serious positing of facts.

RoaryUK

Quote from: Oooodz on Aug 21, 2009, 02:37:10 PM
Quote from: MadassAlex on Aug 21, 2009, 02:30:19 PM
Still very formidable. The factor, I think, that sealed it too much into a bug kind of thing was the Alien Queen, which was unnecessary due to there already being thousands of eggs on the planet. If it was just a kind of pheremone-based Alien alliance based upon instinct with no true leader, it would be even more terrifying.

Whats to say that the Queen wasn't already there when the crew landed in the first film? Just because it wasn't seen doesn't mean it wasn't there.

yes I agree, ok lets look at some facts.... as these movies have progressed different things have come into the equation. the Queen, Ox-Burster, Cocooning even the Newborn is part of it just on a new level, and these all formed a part of the series to be discovered in time.  Ok, so now you've seen it place yourself back in time, you know what is possible, what the creature is capable of and you know whats about to happen, only this time you're starting over from the beginning. Now ask yourself the question... "It is plausable a Queen could have existed here too even though i didnt see it?"  

Cpt.Lewis

I think it should go back to the original Alien style, a solid storyline (though I do admit it is difficult to top Alien and Aliens), the Aliens should become scary again and the Aliens should be smart.

It should make sure that the events of AVP considered non-canon.

Megan Fox should not be allowed near this film.

SM

SM

The story in Alien isn't overly "solid".  What made it work was imagination.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Cpt.Lewis on Sep 15, 2009, 12:27:04 PM
I think it should go back to the original Alien style, a solid storyline (though I do admit it is difficult to top Alien and Aliens), the Aliens should become scary again and the Aliens should be smart.

It should make sure that the events of AVP considered non-canon.

Megan Fox should not be allowed near this film.

How about we stop getting into specifics.

Here, I'll help you all.

What does a new Alien picture need? Ridley Scott. All that hooplah with "scary aliens, good story, blah blah blah" It comes with Ridley Scott. It's called a good filmmaker.

SiL

SiL

Except when he makes bad movies.

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Sep 15, 2009, 11:19:11 PM
Except when he makes bad movies.

It's going to be interesting to see a contemporary Ridley Scott handle this film. Who would you rather have had at the helm?

Puks

Puks

For god's sake, stop the retarded Cameron bashing as well as calling his interpretation of the xenomorphs "stupid insects"!

It's NOT appropriate to call them like that, the vast majority of insects DO NOT have hives, queens, etc. Other animals besides insects have a social network and/or a queen, too. Also, insects do not on purpose shut off the power, take down dropships, etc. From a biological view they have NOTHING in common with insects and they don't even resemble them, so please, if you didn't like Cameron's Aliens, just admit it and stfu. Thank you. Ridley is directing, Cameron bashers should be happy.

SM

SM

Either way - Cameron said he used the insect analogy in developing Aliens.

Some people don't like it.  Some people don't like people not liking it.

So it goes.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

i'm one of the people that liked cameron's approch on aliens to make them act like an insect. I liked the fact that they had a queen and form a hive. i wanted them to have more animalistic feature to them. The first alien was definetly more creepier (and perhaps more creative) but it was certainly not my type of monster. I want monsters to look and behave more like a monster. Thats juts me. However i think they can some how blend in the two movies behavior in the new sequal. Have the whole hive/queen life cycle and have that oddly strange behavior as well.

SM

SM

QuoteThats juts me.

Probably not.  I'd say you are the lowest common denominator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed