Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 140,666 times)

fiveways

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 17, 2017, 12:23:16 PM
Quote from: Hard-R on Apr 17, 2017, 06:59:44 AM
An Engineer hat / baseball cap?  :o

Looks like headgear from Azrach.

Totally. 

God I wish they would do an animated Azrach feature.

Predaker

Quote from: Petr Švancara on Apr 17, 2017, 02:10:30 AM
At the end of Prometheus, Dr. Shaw say, that she want to go where they come from, not to their homeworld. There was not mentioned even one word about something as their direct homeworld. Only in deleted scenes she say, that she want to go to paradise (who not) So, it is evident that planet where Covenant take place is another terraformed colony where is another race created by Engineers.
If the Engineers could create the Humans, then they can also create another different species. These humanoids are not Engineers, maybe that they have similar clothes like the elder Engineers from deleted scenes at the beginning of Prometheus, yes they have bald heads, but that does not make them Engineers. We see that these humanoids live in city that is different in the terms of design and architecture than anything that is connected to the true Engineers.
There are only some statues, in Citadel wee have the sculpture heads of the elder Engineers. In the center of the plaza we have similar landing ground like we see at the end of Prometheus.
And that is all, of course that in the whole movie we could see much more, but at this point, we can clearly see that these humanoids are almost like us, intelligent and organized.
I think that wee see mostly the parts of their own structures with only the small combination of some original aspects that Engineers have.
It seems that long time ago, Engineers leave them, and let them alone. Maybe that is the reason why they want to meet their own creators once again (in the case that they really know who created them).
I guess, they are thinking this is just another visitation, it is very important for them. They come to see it at their own eyes, even the landing ground opens for the Juggernaut ship. Later in the movie, we see that exact langing ground fully open.
And what about this new "Scorpion" ship? Is it the ship of the these humanoids? I dont think so.
Because if this is their ship, then some of them can survive the whole disaster. I dont know what to think about it, but it seems this "scorpion" ship could even attack the Juggernaut with David and Dr. Shaw on board. Perhaps this ship is there to defend the entire city, who know? Juggernaut ship crash-landed somewhere in the forests, this could mean that once the David start killing these humanoids, "scorpion" ship could respond on that with shooting. It should be logical.
If you remember the beginning of Prometheus, there was a huge circle-shaped ship. Once the Engineer drink the black goo, the ship flew away. Remember the movement of the ship moments before it leaves the planet? that ship flew straight-up. This "scorpion" ship here is standing similar like the circle-shaped ship once it leaving the planet, thats no coincidence.

I apologize for my English, Im from Czech Republic, Europe. English is not my language.
Thanks for reading this! Im waiting for this movie since the end of Prometheus. I love both Alien and Predator movies.

That doesn't make any sense. They quite clearly went to the Engineer's homeworld because Shaw wanted to ask them questions.

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:35:09 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:30:01 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:15:12 AM
Why are people continually saying throughout this entire thread that the humanoids we see in the article are the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

Because according to the actual filmmakers they are the Engineers.

They changed the makeup a little. That's all. Sorry.

Where exactly can I read that the crew says they're the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

The production designer specifically calls them Engineers in the new Empire article and there has been zero talk or indication from the filmmakers that these beings are anything but Engineers.

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 05:22:27 AM
Quote from: Barak-Har on Apr 17, 2017, 05:11:03 AM
I doubt the hooded figures were seeding earth -- it's far too unbelievable for Scott to have thrown away the entire theory of evolution just for a plot point. It would be unforgivable.  Evolution is a theory with as many doubters among scientists as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun.

Evolution and the seeding theory can co-exist.

No, according to Prometheus humans didn't evolve. They were seeded by the Engineers. Which is why it is problematic for some due to human evolution being established science.

426Buddy

Its alluded to that they seeded all life on earth, letting evolution take over after the initial sacrifice. (possible that they also revisited once in a while to help push human evolution in the right direction)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 17, 2017, 01:07:14 PM
Quote from: Petr Švancara on Apr 17, 2017, 02:10:30 AM
At the end of Prometheus, Dr. Shaw say, that she want to go where they come from, not to their homeworld. There was not mentioned even one word about something as their direct homeworld. Only in deleted scenes she say, that she want to go to paradise (who not) So, it is evident that planet where Covenant take place is another terraformed colony where is another race created by Engineers.
If the Engineers could create the Humans, then they can also create another different species. These humanoids are not Engineers, maybe that they have similar clothes like the elder Engineers from deleted scenes at the beginning of Prometheus, yes they have bald heads, but that does not make them Engineers. We see that these humanoids live in city that is different in the terms of design and architecture than anything that is connected to the true Engineers.
There are only some statues, in Citadel wee have the sculpture heads of the elder Engineers. In the center of the plaza we have similar landing ground like we see at the end of Prometheus.
And that is all, of course that in the whole movie we could see much more, but at this point, we can clearly see that these humanoids are almost like us, intelligent and organized.
I think that wee see mostly the parts of their own structures with only the small combination of some original aspects that Engineers have.
It seems that long time ago, Engineers leave them, and let them alone. Maybe that is the reason why they want to meet their own creators once again (in the case that they really know who created them).
I guess, they are thinking this is just another visitation, it is very important for them. They come to see it at their own eyes, even the landing ground opens for the Juggernaut ship. Later in the movie, we see that exact langing ground fully open.
And what about this new "Scorpion" ship? Is it the ship of the these humanoids? I dont think so.
Because if this is their ship, then some of them can survive the whole disaster. I dont know what to think about it, but it seems this "scorpion" ship could even attack the Juggernaut with David and Dr. Shaw on board. Perhaps this ship is there to defend the entire city, who know? Juggernaut ship crash-landed somewhere in the forests, this could mean that once the David start killing these humanoids, "scorpion" ship could respond on that with shooting. It should be logical.
If you remember the beginning of Prometheus, there was a huge circle-shaped ship. Once the Engineer drink the black goo, the ship flew away. Remember the movement of the ship moments before it leaves the planet? that ship flew straight-up. This "scorpion" ship here is standing similar like the circle-shaped ship once it leaving the planet, thats no coincidence.

I apologize for my English, Im from Czech Republic, Europe. English is not my language.
Thanks for reading this! Im waiting for this movie since the end of Prometheus. I love both Alien and Predator movies.

That doesn't make any sense. They quite clearly went to the Engineer's homeworld because Shaw wanted to ask them questions.

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:35:09 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:30:01 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:15:12 AM
Why are people continually saying throughout this entire thread that the humanoids we see in the article are the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

Because according to the actual filmmakers they are the Engineers.

They changed the makeup a little. That's all. Sorry.

Where exactly can I read that the crew says they're the same as the Engineers from Prometheus?

The production designer specifically calls them Engineers in the new Empire article and there has been zero talk or indication from the filmmakers that these beings are anything but Engineers.

Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 05:22:27 AM
Quote from: Barak-Har on Apr 17, 2017, 05:11:03 AM
I doubt the hooded figures were seeding earth -- it's far too unbelievable for Scott to have thrown away the entire theory of evolution just for a plot point. It would be unforgivable.  Evolution is a theory with as many doubters among scientists as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun.

Evolution and the seeding theory can co-exist.

No, according to Prometheus humans didn't evolve. They were seeded by the Engineers. Which is why it is problematic for some due to human evolution being established science.

I am not saying you are wrong, I am saying that those interview appear to have been down months before the latest edits to the film (the interviews were done on set as they discuss rehearsing scenes before that quote).  The stills are from later version of the film.  This means a lot of things have changed from the time the article was written to the version we will see.  That has been confirmed by the amount of test screenings and different edits people have reported to have seen.  There are reports of that scene even being taken out of one of the versions. 

None of us really know and it could all have changed.  The movie went through a lot of revisions and looks like it was most put together in post.  The exact same thing happened with Prometheus (Fifeld changes, Shaw not being involved with his death, them moving that scene from later in the film to earlier, etc).  We will all have a better idea when the preview screenings being. 

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 17, 2017, 01:17:45 PM
None of us really know and it could all have changed.

This is like bargaining in the grief process. They killed off the space jockeys, dude. It's done.

Necronomicon II

hfeldhaus

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 01:19:37 PM

This is like bargaining in the grief process. They killed off the space jockeys, dude. It's done.

Jesus you're a real buzz kill.

Do you have to systematically shit on everything in Covenant board.

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 17, 2017, 09:05:06 AM
Quote from: CoalescedChaos on Apr 17, 2017, 04:54:56 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 04:38:04 AM
The crew calls them 'deadgineers'. The planet is the Engineers' homeworld.

Do you have a link or anything for "deadgineers" and the planet being designated as the home world of the Engineers from Prometheus?

I've heard this from my own intel.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 17, 2017, 02:32:36 AM
But wasn't there all kinds of different pitches from writers for a Prometheus 2? I remember reading a report on this site where there were going to be ten David's in the movie. I think Michael Fassbender was quoted as saying this.

By all accounts they were really struggling to find a location to go with the sequel after Lindelof unboarded. There had been talk from both Spaihts and Lindelof about ideas for a sequel but still seems they struggled with a direction for a while. From the couple of comments from Logan, it sounds like it was him coming aboard that helped them move forward.

I wonder if we'll ever hear what Lindelof had in mind for the sequel?

fiveways

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 01:19:37 PM

You're reading set reports from last year.  I'm waiting to see the movie/read spoilers from the preview screenings before I talk in definite terms as Scott tends to really change movies in editing.  I don't know who they currently are.  I know at some point they were engineers.  I also know at some point that scene was completely edited out of the movie.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 17, 2017, 01:28:11 PM
You're reading set reports from last year.  I'm waiting to see the movie/read spoilers from the preview screenings before I talk in definite terms as Scott tends to really change movies in editing.  I don't know who they currently are.  I know at some point they were engineers.  I also know at some point that scene was completely edited out of the movie.

No, I'm talking about reports from multiple people who have seen the film since then, the same ones we all read. They all say the same thing: David kills the Engineers. The crew is calling them Engineers. The article is calling them Engineers. 1+1 still = 2.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Apr 17, 2017, 01:24:34 PM
Jesus you're a real buzz kill.

Do you have to systematically shit on everything in Covenant board.

No, I just don't see the point in trying to find some sort of fanwank excuse out of the reality of this movie's story.

Like, we're five years out from Prometheus but people are still saying the Engineers weren't the real space jockey and that someday the big elephant is gonna show up. Now we've got this thing: 'oh, those aren't the real Engineers'. How many ways does it have to be said? I don't like it either but I don't see what good it does to pretend it isn't happening. The jockeys are now as dead as Hicks and Newt.

Predaker

Whatever changes were made, the engineers are still not a focal point and the Covenant isn't there as an exploratory expedition like the Prometheus. They're colonists. That they ran a test screening excluding the only scene that very briefly showed living Engineers is a testament to how little of a role they play in this new film.

SpeedyMaxx

Exactly. Because Ridley wanted to be done with them. And he killed them off.

Beardomorph

Beardomorph

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 17, 2017, 01:40:08 PM
Exactly. Because Ridley wanted to be done with them. And he killed them off.

That's not based on facts. If Ridley wanted to be done with them he wouldn't have spent so much time and money depicting their civilisation, their main city, the inside of the Citadel ( the hall of Heads ), given them screen time for their downfall on Paradise. If he wanted to be done with them he could very well have gone for a script that had David go anywhere in space that had no Engineers on it and create an Alien film there. So no, if you want to just "look at the facts", Ridley did not want to be done with them.

Did you even read the article? The production designer states that the way they designed the Engineer sets is supposed to create more questions regarding the Engineers that could then be answered in future instalments.

The question I have that will probably be explored in the next movie is why there has been no retaliation from the Engineers that were off Paradise when David's attack happened. We know some Engineers have been travelling in Space for a long time seeding life across the Universe ( well, at least on Earth ), so it's likely that there are still Engineers out there... I find it odd that in ten years no travelling Engineers came back to Paradise. It's possible that Juggernauts travelling with bioweapons capable of destroying civilisations are just not allowed to come anywhere near Paradise. Or else, they travelled so far into space they don't plan on ever coming back to Paradise? The same way the Covenant crew isn't planning on coming back to Earth.

Anyway, for a future movie I wouldn't be surprised if the Engineers were the main antagonists trying to take down David as retaliation for what he's done, and the colonists just happen to be in the way.

There are plenty of options for Engineers of all kinds and sizes to show up down the line, and yeah like I said if Ridley had wanted to "get rid" of the Engineers, he would have just avoided the subject. How many times has Ridley said that the reason he's making these movies is that no one asked the question "who was that guy in the chair?", so saying that Ridley has no interest in the Engineers is pure nonsense.

Citadel

Why would anyone complain then proceed to pay to see the film? Why the negativity? Let's see what Scott has in store, and adapt. And enjoy!

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 17, 2017, 01:57:33 PM
Did you even read the article? The production designer states that the way they designed the Engineer sets is supposed to create more questions regarding the Engineers that could then be answered in future instalments.

'Could.' Ridley always likes a lot of questions and ambiguity, it doesn't mean he answers them. There's also no indication they're ever going back to the planet in Covenant.

QuoteThe question I have that will probably be explored in the next movie is why there has been no retaliation from the Engineers that were off Paradise when David's attack happened.

Because they're all dead.

Here all week, folks, tip your waiter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed