Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,130 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 15, 2019, 01:41:58 AM
The Thing from Another World

This holds up pretty well. "Do you want some coffee?" "No, but you can come in." :laugh:

This one gave me creeps as a child  :-\ "Watch the skies everywhere. Keep looking. Keep watching the skies"

Huggs

Huggs

Sully (4/5)

The Shawshank Redemption (5/5)

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 15, 2019, 01:41:58 AM
The Thing from Another World

One of my favorites.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Spider-Man 2
The best one of the Raimi Trilogy. Molina is a perfect Doc Ock

Demolition Man
Sly and Snipes are having a Ball in this and Bullock just has that perfect Naive nature for the film. Would still love to see all the deleted sub plots and scenes

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 15, 2019, 11:21:42 AM
Spider-Man 2
The best one of the Raimi Trilogy. Molina is a perfect Doc Ock

So good!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Fast & Furious: Hobbs and Shaw (I love how ever since number five they insist on giving each new entry in this franchise a slightly different title here in the UK compared to the US)

About what you'd expect. In other words, big, dumb fun. Statham and Johnson continue to be a great double act, although as others have mentioned, Vanessa Kirby might have stolen the show. Also really glad to see Idris finally getting a decent, meaty role (although I hesitate to add "worthy of his talents" :P) instead of being wasted in an inconsequential bit-part, and he was obviously having a ball throughout. The two cameos were indeed a riot, and very unexpected. My only real gripe is it felt like the action was a touch stale and uninspired, likely a side effect of this being the 8.5th film in the series that's striving to be increasingly mental.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 15, 2019, 01:01:12 AM
Ah yes, the cave scene.

It is true, what many of you have heard.

At least it's got good music. The scene works better as a music video though...

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Ma (2019)
Decent cast in a Weak Misery/Cable Guy type flick.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Thing (1982)

"You've gotta be f**king kidding!" The fact that Palmer says that makes it even funnier, given subsequent events. :laugh:

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Shame

David may have complexes about his dong. Michael Fassbender sure does not.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Hardcore Henry (2015)
The big gimmick is that it's entirely filmed from the 1st person view, like the Maniac remake and the 1st person scene in the Doom movie. This view lends itself perfectly for an action movie, because it feels like you are personally experiencing it. The story is forgettable: A blond haired bad guy who, for some reason, has telekinetic powers, wants to rule the world by using an army of supersoldiers. Our protagonist Henry is one of those soldiers and has to stop him with the help from a mysterious friend, who keeps popping up in different disguises. Sharlto Copley was the perfect choice to play all these different roles and you can see he really has fun with them. The bad guy is pretty good too, despite him trying too hard to mask his Eastern European accent. The girl, Henry's love interest, isn't that great but luckily we don't see her too much. The movie itself is a 90-minute rollercoaster ride with plenty of insane, ultra-violent action. 7/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Spider-Man 3
While not as good as the first two, its actually still a good film. Just a shame that Venom was wasted. Really needed to be a mid-credits scene. Just wonder who could have replaced Venom in the final battle

MallRats
Love it. Sure not as good as Clerks but its still a fun film. Michael Rooker chews that scenery for all its worth. And I'd forgotten the 15 year old subplot

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: P-Rock on Aug 16, 2019, 11:28:29 AM
Hardcore Henry (2015)

Dats a good one.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Godzilla: King Of The Monsters (2019)
I'm a fan of the 2014 movie, which captured Gojira's size very well from a human perspective. It was also magnificently shot. The human drama was a bit bland though and distracted from the monster madness. This sequel has plenty of monsters duking it out and destroying entire cities along the way, but the way Edwards captured the enormous size of these huge animals in the 2014 movie gets a bit lost here. Once again there's a human element added to the movie and it has to be said that they are, without a doubt, some of the dumbest humans ever captured in a mainstream movie. It got to a point that the idiotic decisions they made started to annoy me. Even the humans in '98 Godzilla were smarter than this lot, and that's saying something! The cgi looked pretty sweet, with some amazing monster cinematography, and the acting wasn't bad either. Bear McCreary's soundtrack is servicable, but forgettable. If you want monster action and smart human drama, you're better off watching Shin Godzilla. This is big dumb fun, with the accent on dumb. 6.5/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Death Proof
Its a good Tarantino film, great for Grindhouse, it just annoys me how he changes visual style half way through, while Rodriguez kept one style

Hellboy (2004)
The best of the 3 Hellboy movies. Just has so much love in it

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

US  4/10

Some good acting, but ugh, that nonsensical plot hole riddled story. Think another bad M. Night Shyamalan movie surprisingly this time not directed by M. Night, yet still loaded with a signature Night twist ending.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed