Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,202 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Deadpool 2
Not as good as the first film until the second half. After the start it seemed to slow down, but once it kicked in I loved it and some great cameos

The Other Guys
Always fun this. Ferrell and Wahlberg are great together and Michael Keaton is perfect

End of Days
Underrated Arnie film. Gabriel Byrne just chews that scenery

The 6th Day
another underrated Arnie flick. A lot of fun

Blowback
an interesting film starring Mario Van Peebles, an intriguing story, but didn't push it as much as it could

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 21, 2018, 10:44:59 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2018, 08:50:24 AMEnemy At the Gate

I'm kind of glad they just didn't bother with accents.

Except Bob Hoskins. Dear ol' Bob. The one man least capable of pulling off a Russian accent is the only one who tries :laugh:

I want them to act like they have BALLS!!!  :D

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Tales of the Crypt: Demon Knight. Oh man I haven't seen this in awhile. I remember how much I loved this film thanks to Billy Zane's performance.
"F**k this cowboy s**t! You f***in' ho-dunk, po-dunk, well then there motherf*****s! All you had to do was give me the god-damned key!:laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 21, 2018, 11:21:34 AM
The Other Guys
Always fun this. Ferrell and Wahlberg are great together and Michael Keaton is perfect

Funny film. So many great moments in it.

Jackson & Johnson's heroic 'Aim for the Bushes' death scene jump is hilarious in that film.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 21, 2018, 11:21:34 AMThe Other Guys

My issue with that movie is the first five minutes are so much funnier than the rest of the movie. Take that out and it's still a great film, but it starts with such a hysterical sequence that the rest of the film kinda feels like a bit of a let-down after that.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 21, 2018, 10:44:59 AM
Except Bob Hoskins. Dear ol' Bob. The one man least capable of pulling off a Russian accent is the only one who tries :laugh:
And then there's Ron Pearlman doing an English accent to fit in with the fact (almost?) all of the Russians are played by English actors :P

Quote from: SiL on May 20, 2018, 08:50:24 AMFury
I do really like that film, but it annoys me how the first three-quarters have such a gritty Private Ryan/Band of Brothers feel, only for it to devolve into Rambo in it's final act, with Germans blindly walking towards the immobilised tank and getting mow down by the hundred.
"Hm, a tank. I will open the lid and stick my head inside, rather than dropping a grenade down there" said no SS ever.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

End of Days

Excellent cop-buddy comedy. I love how Wahlberg doesn't believe she's Ferrell's wife. And how he learned several skills just to show off.
And Will Ferrell as Gator  :D "Gator's bitches better be using Jimmies!"
Wahlberg and Ferrell are excellent together in comedy but it needs an R-Rating. It would've improved Daddy's Home 1 and 2.

About End Of Days, I love how a huge problem like Satan can be solved with bullets.

TheRaven

TheRaven

Deadpool 2

I loved it, very funny and a great way to end my birthday c:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 22, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

End of Days

Excellent cop-buddy comedy. I love how Wahlberg doesn't believe she's Ferrell's wife. And how he learned several skills just to show off.
And Will Ferrell as Gator  :D "Gator's bitches better be using Jimmies!"
Wahlberg and Ferrell are excellent together in comedy but it needs an R-Rating. It would've improved Daddy's Home 1 and 2.

About End Of Days, I love how a huge problem like Satan can be solved with bullets.

Yeah definitely. Both Daddy's Home films would have worked better R Rated, even though they were great. They both need that free reign

"Gator wants his Gat"

Well not completely with end of days all they do is piss him off lol

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2018, 08:50:05 AM

My issue with that movie is the first five minutes are so much funnier than the rest of the movie. Take that out and it's still a great film, but it starts with such a hysterical sequence that the rest of the film kinda feels like a bit of a let-down after that.

True I get what you mean, its a great send up of normal action comedies, but you need it as the way in

Quote from: Prez on May 22, 2018, 03:13:16 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 21, 2018, 11:21:34 AM
The Other Guys

Funny film. So many great moments in it.

Jackson & Johnson's heroic 'Aim for the Bushes' death scene jump is hilarious in that film.

Its the use of Foo Fighters as well. Perfect. Its like Deadpool 2 watched that scene lol

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 21, 2018, 03:47:19 PM
Tales of the Crypt: Demon Knight. Oh man I haven't seen this in awhile. I remember how much I loved this film thanks to Billy Zane's performance.
"F**k this cowboy s**t! You f***in' ho-dunk, po-dunk, well then there motherf*****s! All you had to do was give me the god-damned key!:laugh:

Utterly fantastic. He really chews that scenery

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Rounders (1998) - Good film this.  Has Matt Damon & Edward Norton in it.

QuoteA young, reformed gambler must return to playing big stakes poker to help a friend pay off loan sharks, while balancing his relationship with his girlfriend and his commitments to law school.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Jesus Christ Superstar the year 2000 version  * * * *

After seeing it live I wanted to see the film. I especially liked Fred Johanson as Pilate my favorite of the cast. Excellent performances by ALL.

Seeing the Roman Guard with Darth Vadar style helmet's took a bit getting used to. To me it took you out of the experience. More so than the other updated visuals.

I also watched the making of feature...there was an opening shot of Pinewood Studio's  ;)

Since I wasn't familiar with any of the cast save Rick Mayall or the director it too was enjoyable.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Death Wish (2018)
Better than average but still unnecessary remake. Would've worked better as a rip-off.
And there should be a law against using the same songs over and over again in movies. In this case it was AC/DC's Back In Black.

Huggs

Huggs

The Peanuts Movie on Blu-Ray. Nowhere near as good as I'd hoped. I give it a 1/5.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Huggs on May 24, 2018, 01:04:38 AM
The Peanuts Movie on Blu-Ray. Nowhere near as good as I'd hoped. I give it a 1/5.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 24, 2018, 04:38:20 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 24, 2018, 01:04:38 AM

Well, there goes my childhood.  :D

Anyway, I just finished Life of Pi on blu-ray. I've always heard it was big doin's. Wasn't that bad. Some interesting sights. Kind of depressing, especially that reveal at the end. I give it a 1.5 out of 5.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed