Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,310 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Amelie
Xtro

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 13, 2017, 01:04:42 PM
My favourite of those so-bad-they're-good-straight-to-video action flicks is a 90s film called Recoil with British stuntman/martial artist Gary Daniels. It's an absolute riot from start to finish, and has the most hilariously abrupt ending of any movie I've ever seen.
You had me at 90s film :laugh:

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Moana. I cried several times. :'(

It was pretty obvious it was following the "Disney formula", but honestly that didn't bother me. The formula might be a tad overused, but as a concept it's not bad at all. Besides, it worked in this movie. So no complaints from me! :)

But what really sold me to the movie was the music. Haven't heard this good Disney music since their renaissance era. And I was seriously impressed by Auli'i's voice acting, considering it was her first role. Kid's got serious talent.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 13, 2017, 01:04:42 PM
My favourite of those so-bad-they're-good-straight-to-video action flicks is a 90s film called Recoil with British stuntman/martial artist Gary Daniels. It's an absolute riot from start to finish, and has the most hilariously abrupt ending of any movie I've ever seen.

I've seen that - I love those kind of movies. Honestly, there's some brilliant (and not so brilliant) stuff in the independent action market. I met Gary in a boozer in Clapham Junction and we got rat-arsed... he's a really cool bloke! (I think I posted a picture of it here, actually).

I hope that Scott Adkins isn't going to stay on this direct-to-dvd train, though - he's a really really good actor and I'd love to see him in bigger productions.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Rewatched The Witch.

I confirm, definitely one of the most unsettling movies i've ever seen. Great actors, beautiful light, many depth levels in how you can read the story etc...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Sep 14, 2017, 09:27:59 AMI met Gary in a boozer in Clapham Junction and we got rat-arsed... he's a really cool bloke! (I think I posted a picture of it here, actually).

That's awesome :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 12, 2017, 06:28:21 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2017, 05:17:34 PMYes Eraser is a prime example. The VHS had the crocodile stuff and the train at the end cut, yet the past couple of years its been uncut on TV

The censorship on Eraser is mental. You literally don't even see the main villains die in the cut version :laugh:

Yeah its like they struggle to get free then its a cut to half way through a different music cue lol

We are Still Here
Damn was this film creepy. Reminded me alot of The Changing in places, but with some more gore. The atmosphere is intense and deserves to be seen.

Nightcrawler
Jake Gyllenhal puts in a great performance here. A spot on Sociopath. Its amazing how far people will go

Invaders from Mars
An enjoyable remake. was surprised it was shown at 4pm considering its a 15. Do wonder if they took some of the dialogue from the original lol

In The House
A good French Drama from Francois Ozon

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

"IT" 5/5

Although not as horrifying as I was expecting it to be it still pulled through with solid characters and memorable Pennywise moments, I can acknowledge the lack of fright to be because I am not a child, if I was a child however this film most likely would have given me nightmares for a few nights.
A solid movie and a recommend for a any fans of horror movies and even fans of creature movies.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

IT (2017)
Now I really loved this film. The most full ive seen a cinema screen in a while. Found it really scary in places and I think the fact there were plenty of people watching made it more so. At one point someone got so scared, they dropped all their Smarties on the floor, which got everyone laughing as it broke the tension. But then the tension built back up again. The kids were spot on here and Bill Skarsgaard was perfect as the new Pennywise. Bring on Chapter Two

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Message From The King.

A great, beautiful movie, gorgeous cinematography and great actors. An old school revenge movie with a 70's vibe, one of my favourite movie i've seen this year.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Limehouse Golem
Damn, this film was fantastic. so much better than I expected. Shame it only seems to have been shown at the cinema for 2 weeks (The showing I saw seemed to be the last one at my cinema). Bill Nighy is spot on, although it would have been interesting to see what Alan Rickman would have done with the role, considering it was his before Cancer forced him to drop out. Olivia Cooke is brilliant. I just found this film to be perfect.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Get Out.

Strange vibes i got from this movie, i see many qualities in terms of directing for a first movie, but the message i'm not quite sure about it right now... But this was interesting.

Scorpio

Scorpio

The Da Vinci Code (2006)

monkeylove

monkeylove

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3

Prez

Prez

Alien Covenant ... and ... it's actually growing on me. Still irks me a lot but I'll it's part of the family.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed