Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,296 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 26, 2015, 12:31:39 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2015, 10:57:05 PM
Dust Devil

Still a totally mesmerizng film. Also the first good film I've seen Robert Burke in. :laugh:

It is utterly fantastic

Yes, that it is. I might check out the workprint which is included in the set I have as well, but I'll probably watch the Stanley directed documentaries in it first.

Inside Out

A fun movie with a clever, creative concept and a well thought out story. I did lose track of some of the metaphors after a while, though, and they could easily have pushed the concept even further. The subconscious bit felt especially shortchanged. Not quite top tier Pixar, but still very good.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 26, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 26, 2015, 12:31:39 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2015, 10:57:05 PM
Dust Devil

Still a totally mesmerizng film. Also the first good film I've seen Robert Burke in. :laugh:

It is utterly fantastic

Yes, that it is. I might check out the workprint which is included in the set I have as well, but I'll probably watch the Stanley directed documentaries in it first.

Inside Out

A fun movie with a clever, creative concept and a well thought out story. I did lose track of some of the metaphors after a while, though, and they could easily have pushed the concept even further. The subconscious bit felt especially shortchanged. Not quite top tier Pixar, but still very good.

Damn the Directors Cut DVD i have doesnt have the workprint. You lucky git lol

I enjoyed Inside out as well, its the sort of one were i enjoyed it but am unsure whether i really want a sequel. I know what they could do, but i dont want it to turn into the Cars franchise.

Last one i watched was The Last Legion (2006), which is very loosely/Lightly based on the novel by Valerio Massimo Manfredi. Only takes a few tiny elements from the book,

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 27, 2015, 12:55:58 PM

Damn the Directors Cut DVD i have doesnt have the workprint. You lucky git lol

Yeah, I lucked out and found the 5 disc edition pretty cheap on ebay.

QuoteI enjoyed Inside out as well, its the sort of one were i enjoyed it but am unsure whether i really want a sequel. I know what they could do, but i dont want it to turn into the Cars franchise.

I think the effects of puberty would make for an interesting sequel... but I doubt Pixar could get away with handling that as frankly as it would need to be.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I may have to look for the five disc version then lol. I'm actually interested in finding the studio cut as well with the alternate voiceovers, just to compare.

Thats what i mean about Inside Out,

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2015, 01:23:27 PM
I may have to look for the five disc version then lol. I'm actually interested in finding the studio cut as well with the alternate voiceovers, just to compare.

As far as I know, the studio cut only came out on VHS a long time ago. It supposed;y removes a lot of the supernatural aspects and reduces Mukurob's role significantly.

The Secret Glory

The subject matter is very interesting, but the documentary gets rather hard to follow due to a confusing structure. Still, it's pretty well worth the watch for what Stanley admits in an unfinished piece.

Dust Devil- Workprint Version

A lot of the additions here weren't entirely necessary to the film for me, but some of them added some interesting detail. There's a little bit more of the political shift, and you see the UN representatives show up at the first crime scene, with Porkins trying to get them to leave. Also, a later scene reveals that the Dust Devil has a number of ancient coins with him, which added a nice bit of background without going too far. Mukurob's dream sequences here also clarify why he feels responsible for his son's death. The one added element that really should be in the finished film comes right near the end.

Spoiler
Mukurob has one last vision of his wife and son before he dies, which gives his arc a little more weight to it. Also, you get to see Mark yank on his handcuffs and try to get away from the car for a lot longer after Wendy walks away, which is kind of funny, in a dark sort of way. :laugh:
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The studio cut also has more of a voiceover at the end explaining a couple of extra moments. Some of the bits you mention from the work print were in the studio cut i think as well.

Its quite odd what they mix and match

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ninth Configuration

Well, I'll be thinking about this one for a while.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Non-Stop with Liam Neeson. An okay film. Does build, but the end reveal was so pointless and made no sense to me

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 07, 2015, 01:25:21 PM
Non-Stop with Liam Neeson. An okay film. Does build, but the end reveal was so pointless and made no sense to me

I are evil cuz 9/11! :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 07, 2015, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 07, 2015, 01:25:21 PM

I are evil cuz 9/11! :laugh:

Exactly lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Exorcist III

It is NOT in the file.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Exorcist

Those horrifying as f**k medical procedures make me glad I wasn't around in the 70s.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2015, 03:06:01 AM
The Exorcist

Those horrifying as f**k medical procedures make me glad I wasn't around in the 70s.
They're scarier than Pazuzu's face popping into the frame for a millisecond.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 11, 2015, 03:14:24 AM
The Exorcist

"Excuse me sir, I'd like to explain to you how feeling the brushing of the wings can improve your life immensely. It only takes five easy payments of $25.99."

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2015, 03:26:18 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 11, 2015, 03:14:24 AM
The Exorcist

http://i.imgur.com/6xsUiec.gif

"Excuse me sir, I'd like to explain to you how feeling the brushing of the wings can improve your life immensely. It only takes five easy payments of $25.99."
Yep still creeps me out, the fact that I'm now picturing a satanic telemarketer just makes it worse. And even though it was terrible, I still think the hospital scene from the 3rd exorcist (you know the one) is the scariest moment of all those films

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed