Cyberpunk 2077

Started by Jacku, Aug 27, 2018, 07:21:51 PM

Author
Cyberpunk 2077 (Read 12,462 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Dec 14, 2020, 09:13:44 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 14, 2020, 04:08:02 PM
From what I hear, this game sounds like another ACM.

Like this you mean?

https://twitter.com/redditorsooc/status/1337786535278759938

Maybe spending eight years of ones life getting ever more hyped for a toy was a poor choice?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I've heard somewhere that the problems aren't exclusive to consoles as even the GeForce RTX 3080 is having trouble with this game apparently with messed up animations, missing models, and glitchy dialogue which sounds pretty immersion breaking to me.

I'll wait, but I think once it's more refined it'll be a worthy experience. I'm just surprised this is a CD Projekt Red game as they normally have a reputation for high quality. Hopefully they can make a comeback.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is CDPR the new Bethesda?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

It just works?

Drukathi

Drukathi

Buggerpunk 2076

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Sony is removing it from their store and offering full refunds now.  :laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Is it new Arkham Knight ?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Way worse, Clusterf**k 2077.

Darkness

Darkness

I just don't understand why they didn't just delay it again. The amount of damage this has done to their reputation and now they're giving refunds. What was the point? They knew what a turkey it was and didn't give the press any review copied because they knew how bad it was.

They should have just put the work into releasing it for PC and next-gen and then leave current-gen for the future.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The suits were probably insisting on a Christmas release.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 18, 2020, 06:32:09 PM
The suits were probably insisting on a Christmas release.

Truth. But not undefined suits, but investors.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

This game got Randypitchforded  :-X

Dachande

Dachande

TBH this is nowhere near as bad a situation as A:CM. At least CDPR actually bothered to apologise. Plus underneath all the crap happening to last gen consoles, the main crux of the game is an excellent game. Its just let down by whats happening on the base consoles.

This is much more a Bethesda situation, but more forgivable as it is the first game of theirs, at least to my memory, to be affected like this. As opposed to every Bethesday game ever released, with game breaking bugs and poor performance

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Dachande on Dec 21, 2020, 01:24:49 PM
TBH this is nowhere near as bad a situation as A:CM. At least CDPR actually bothered to apologise. Plus underneath all the crap happening to last gen consoles, the main crux of the game is an excellent game. Its just let down by whats happening on the base consoles.
Ummm... I'm running it on a good spec PC with a 2080Ti. It's a decent game. There are far too many bugs for it to be classed as excellent.
I've had it crash 3 times in a row before even getting to the title screen. I've had bugs where characters follow me around when they shouldn't. I've had enemy NPCs getting stuck in level geometry, or simply falling through stairs. I've had unplayable missions because things just didn't work properly and NPCs didn't react accordingly, or I didn't get things needed to actually complete the mission just because the game didn't generate them.
It's far from an excellent game. In its current state I would say it's a barely complete game.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

But does it have some giant donut rolling around and silently mocking you to add insult to injury?

Yes it's terrible in it's current state and terrible it was released this way as is kind of the norm at least for the likes of Bethesda.

But this is CDPR and for them this is pretty inconsistent with their track record, so I'm willing to just sit back and wait to see if they can pull a No Man's Sky kind of comeback.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed