Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 98,041 times)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 29, 2018, 11:28:55 AM
Actually, you only needed to be invested in the first two to not like this film. They broke with tradition with the intention of offering different, not better.

It is for sure a subpar sequel and does not hold a candle to the first two, or even the to Predators imo .I also think  that they tried different and failed.

But was there this much explored from a lore perspective in the first two movies ? It has been a while, but i don't think there was much background information that the new one would be able to contradict.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 26, 2018, 09:56:01 PMSeriously ? The first leak of the emissaries caused one of the biggest fan uproar about this film...

Which I really don't get.

These people who'll lose their shit just because *gasp* some Predators might find reason to forge a convenient alliance with humans just sound incredibly narrow-minded to me.

Did the human-Predator alliance work in AVP? Not really. Does that men the concept as a whole is trash? Of course not.

I actually kinda liked the idea of some Predators being so against what the Upgrade was doing that they were willing to work with us to stop it - ironically, it feels like that would have painted those members of the species as being more in line with the noble Predator concept that these same fans seemingly treasure so much in the previous films. Sadly it seems the entire idea was killed by the rage from that minority. And boy did the resultant reworking hurt the film in the end.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 29, 2018, 11:36:06 AM
These people who'll lose their shit just because *gasp* some Predators might find reason to forge a convenient alliance with humans just sound incredibly narrow-minded to me.

I don't even think it was that. I think it was them wearing human camouflage. Which I think it really easy enough to rationalise.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Just from the perspective of identifying them to our own people, it makes absolute sense. "Don't shoot the ones wearing clothes, they're on our side."

The Old One

The Old One

If you want to take "Predator" totally seriously, it's a mistake to humanise and rationalize their motivations.
That said;

Predator's better when it's tongue in cheek anyway.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2018, 11:39:28 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 29, 2018, 11:36:06 AM

I don't even think it was that. I think it was them wearing human camouflage. Which I think it really easy enough to rationalise.

That's what I gather was the reason behind a lot of the uproar, which I thought was kind of weird.  (Like, of all the things to possibly take issue with, that's the chief concern?)  I took issue with the emissaries, but it was more from how they were written as fodder.  Killing off captured was enough for me. 

Still Collating...

I don't believe the friendly preds would have saved this movie anyway. The awful script plus the hideous editing gave the fatal wound. I wasn't a big fan of the pants but that was the least of the movie's many problems.

As said before, my problem wasn't even the presence of humor, but the timing and usage of it. Joke all you want, it fits well in a Predator and Aliens movie, but when the predator arrives, you better make him feel scary. The last three movies did that for me. Hell, even the AvPs did it better for me than this one. Fugitive was almost there but they scraped that for a cheap comedy with Upgrade and the Loonies.

The thing that would've saved this movie would've been an extremely edited and altered script.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe the pants thing could have turned okay, like fugitive using a human rifle when he escapes, it was great ! And believe me i was skeptical about the idea at first.

I think it's more of a symbolic thing overall, it hurts a lot of people to see their beloved creature (and i don't write this in an ironic way) dressed like a human soldier, whatever the reason might be, i totally get that feeling.

Highland

Highland

You could have done a difference without the pants. Why does a predator need Camo pants - think about it.

Anderson had the right idea with the team up. It's funny, looking back AVP was like finding out Santa wasn't real. Then 10 years later it's probably still the best attempt at something different and we are now burried 3 levels deeper than that movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Highland on Nov 01, 2018, 12:43:33 AM
Why does a predator need Camo pants - think about it.

The mind of the killer. Hide in plain sight.

That, and the whole "ambient light" thing is so last season.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Maybe they got tired of running around in speedos and decided to wear actual clothes.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 01, 2018, 02:22:38 AM
Maybe they got tired of running around in speedos and decided to wear actual clothes.

Fishnets will never die.

Highland

Highland

Pockets for its cigarettes maybe. Also boots or no boots?

Lionhart

Lionhart

Everything was running fine all the way to the lab scene. Then it turned worse after fugitive escapes. I still like this movie better than Predators and the Avp movies.

Kimo

Kimo

Just rewatched it since seeing it in the cinema when it was first released. I think I originally give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 back then. Now I'm giving it a 4 out of 10, what a pile of shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed