Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 98,035 times)

EJA

EJA

I give it 3/5. Enjoyable, but could have been better. Be interesting to see where it goes from here. And am I alone in actually liking the inclusion of the autistic character and how he relates to the plot??

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 16, 2018, 10:26:39 AM
I thought the movie was doing fine until after the lab scene
How could you possibly think Traeger's "Why we called it the Predator" bit was taking itself seriously ???

EJA

EJA

I agree the Predator hounds were completely unnecessary, and the suit at the end....I'm honestly not sure what to make of that. Couldn't the renegade's gift just have been some kind of virus to use against the Predators, or something? That would have worked too.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: Wysps on Sep 16, 2018, 10:27:35 AM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 16, 2018, 10:07:13 AM
The movie doesn't take itself seriously at any point. The entire Stargazer sequence is so meta it's painful.

Yes. It really detracts from the tension that we should be feeling in a Predator film.

Pretty much once the Loonies start doing their thing  :laugh:

Once there started to be to much jokes and once they introduced the upgrade and the dogs and also the ending was bad

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 16, 2018, 10:59:55 AM
The movie doesn't take itself seriously at any point. The entire Stargazer sequence is so meta it's painful.

Yes. It really detracts from the tension that we should be feeling in a Predator film.

Once there started to be to much jokes and once they introduced the upgrade and the dogs and also the ending was bad

I thought the upgrade was one of the better elements.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

I was a bit disappointed in the stargazer breakout scene. Whilst still probably the best sequence in the movie, I think they missed an opportunity for some proper fan service there. I was gutted to see the two shots in the trailer of bloodied soldiers firing randomly in the corridors and stairwell was literally all we got in the finished film.

Great to see a nice, agile Pred though. I doubt Scar could have ran across those rooftops with such grace.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Quote from: EJA on Sep 16, 2018, 11:02:12 AM
Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 16, 2018, 10:59:55 AM

I thought the upgrade was one of the better elements.

My point is, we didn't need the upgrade, one normal classic predator is all it takes to eliminate them all and when I say all I mean all. The Loonies can't be compared to Dutch and his team

Nathsp

Nathsp

Upgrade for me was one of the worse things in the movie, in fact he did nothing, the fugitive was better doing predator stuff, the upgrade was out of place, it was even boring...  And he dies in a stupid way.. Upgrade? It was more a downgrade

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: EJA on Sep 16, 2018, 10:43:56 AM
I give it 3/5. Enjoyable, but could have been better. Be interesting to see where it goes from here. And am I alone in actually liking the inclusion of the autistic character and how he relates to the plot??

I thought he was fine, nothing amazing but still fine. I didn't mind the film not being serious though, so it fits the over the top, silly tone.

If it was a super serious movie it would be way of of place though.

Lionhart

Lionhart

It's still better than Predators imo

SiL

SiL

I put it at the bottom of the pile.

Which is saying something, because I can rant for hours about how insulting Predators is to its audience. But at least it takes itself seriously.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Lionhart on Sep 16, 2018, 11:24:20 AM
It's still better than Predators imo
I think so. All of the sequels evoke the original, but Predators does it a lot more than The Predator.

The Old One

The Old One

I think Predators is the height of mediocrity, and that is it's biggest problem. It maybe technically a superior film to the other Predator sequels, but I won't remember it exists half the time.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Indeed. We can say The Predator has a distinct identity of its own, even just for the humour aspect.

The Old One

The Old One

A distinct identity muddled by reshoots unfortunately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed