Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,908 times)

pred169

pred169

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jan 04, 2016, 07:11:43 PM
Quote from: pred169 on Jan 04, 2016, 04:54:44 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 19, 2015, 05:20:10 AM
I agree, but I'm afraid the actress should be above all that, be mature and ignore it. Don't allow business to become personal. Having a huge profanity laden rant against fans on twitter isn't gonna help her or the movie, in fact it will probably make things much worse. Judging by reactions to her tweets it has made things worse.
Not to mention what she's getting paid. I mean if I'm getting paid anywhere from several hundred thousand to millions of dollars just to ACT. I'm afraid id be able to control my rants and profanity. For that amount of money they should be much more professional than that.
   Law enforcement officers are subjected to degrading and profane verbal abuse everyday. And yet they keep their composure. They dont have a choice in the matter. If they act as she has they lose their job.
   So my point is just because people are degrading the movie that doesn't give her the right to act like a child with no self restraint.

The comments had nothing to do with the movie. You think that just because she's been paid a large amount she should accept being called a n****r or a monkey.

That's not what I said. What I said was that there are those who are going to make stupid comments like this. And that with the amount she's being paid she should act like an adult and look at it for what it is...it's someone's words. If they're not true then it shouldn't matter to her. They're just words. I've worked in the general public for almost 20 years of my life and had several people call me far worse than a gorilla or a ni**er. And yet I can't  act irrationally and throat punch every person that calls me a name. Or spits in my face for that matter. It's a matter of being an adult. I get paid much less and have to "bite my tongue" on a daily basis. It's a matter of public decency called professionalism.
  Do I agree with what was said to her... No. Do I agree that people should be allowed to say what they want because we have "freedom of speech"... no. But that's reality. And if she's not a big enough person to realize that they are just words and that not all people are friendly then obviously she's got a long road ahead of her.
   I was in law enforcement for over 12 years with a spotless record. 8 of those yrs were with a federal agency. In recent there have been several turbulent cases involving officers accused of racism. Some the officer was wrong others the suspect was wrong. That doesn't mean that all police officers are evil or corrupt. It also doesn't mean that all african Americans are gun toting thugs or druggies. Yet because of the actions of a few the vast majority has to suffer the consequences. Racial turbulence is just as much a part of today as it was in the 60s.
   My point is that whether the comments directed toward her were related to the film or not is irrelevant. Her comment (though not uncalled for) was ill placed and made it about the film. She stated she didn't care what anyone thought she's a ghostbuster. That makes it about the film. And no matter how bad it pissed her off, she's an upscale actress. She's supposed to be considered a pillar of the community. I.E. a role model. You can't be a role model if you can't even control your emotions. Actors have been the focus of media attacks for years yet you don't see Christian bale, Mel Gibson, or Russell Crowe ranting on their social media sites.
   Just be professional and look at it for what it is. Part of the job. If it bothers her that bad....BLOCK THE POST

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

I think we have found this years Fantastic 4.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: pred169 on Jan 04, 2016, 08:01:17 PM

I agree, but I'm afraid the actress should be above all that, be mature and ignore it. Don't allow business to become personal. Having a huge profanity laden rant against fans on twitter isn't gonna help her or the movie, in fact it will probably make things much worse. Judging by reactions to her tweets it has made things worse.
Not to mention what she's getting paid. I mean if I'm getting paid anywhere from several hundred thousand to millions of dollars just to ACT. I'm afraid id be able to control my rants and profanity. For that amount of money they should be much more professional than that.
   Law enforcement officers are subjected to degrading and profane verbal abuse everyday. And yet they keep their composure. They dont have a choice in the matter. If they act as she has they lose their job.
   So my point is just because people are degrading the movie that doesn't give her the right to act like a child with no self restraint.

The comments had nothing to do with the movie. You think that just because she's been paid a large amount she should accept being called a n****r or a monkey.

That's not what I said. What I said was that there are those who are going to make stupid comments like this. And that with the amount she's being paid she should act like an adult and look at it for what it is...it's someone's words. If they're not true then it shouldn't matter to her. They're just words. I've worked in the general public for almost 20 years of my life and had several people call me far worse than a gorilla or a ni**er. And yet I can't  act irrationally and throat punch every person that calls me a name. Or spits in my face for that matter. It's a matter of being an adult. I get paid much less and have to "bite my tongue" on a daily basis. It's a matter of public decency called professionalism.
  Do I agree with what was said to her... No. Do I agree that people should be allowed to say what they want because we have "freedom of speech"... no. But that's reality. And if she's not a big enough person to realize that they are just words and that not all people are friendly then obviously she's got a long road ahead of her.
   I was in law enforcement for over 12 years with a spotless record. 8 of those yrs were with a federal agency. In recent there have been several turbulent cases involving officers accused of racism. Some the officer was wrong others the suspect was wrong. That doesn't mean that all police officers are evil or corrupt. It also doesn't mean that all african Americans are gun toting thugs or druggies. Yet because of the actions of a few the vast majority has to suffer the consequences. Racial turbulence is just as much a part of today as it was in the 60s.
   My point is that whether the comments directed toward her were related to the film or not is irrelevant. Her comment (though not uncalled for) was ill placed and made it about the film. She stated she didn't care what anyone thought she's a ghostbuster. That makes it about the film. And no matter how bad it pissed her off, she's an upscale actress. She's supposed to be considered a pillar of the community. I.E. a role model. You can't be a role model if you can't even control your emotions. Actors have been the focus of media attacks for years yet you don't see Christian bale, Mel Gibson, or Russell Crowe ranting on their social media sites.
   Just be professional and look at it for what it is. Part of the job. If it bothers her that bad....BLOCK THE POST

You forget, this is the entertainment business. Plus everybody is different and some take public opinion too seriously. If you think you're better then her because you have tougher skin, great for you. Other people will tell the truth using colorful metaphors.

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jan 04, 2016, 08:17:31 PM
Yea but which one. The one we thought was shit or that one that was absolute shit? :P

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

The everyday Joe can't talk back because they will be fired, it's not about professionalism. That doesn't matter in the entertainment industry. Why the hell do people compare working in the public sector with working in the public eye?

pred169

pred169

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jan 04, 2016, 09:14:37 PM

The everyday Joe can't talk back because they will be fired, it's not about professionalism. That doesn't matter in the entertainment industry. Why the hell do people compare working in the public sector with working in the public eye?

So what you're saying is if someone calls you a name just act how you feel about it? Sure why not just turn in our guns for clubs and we can go back to dragging our knuckles across the ground too. Maybe trade in our lighters for flint rocks while we're at it. How is the entertainment industry any different than the average joe? Last time I checked they weren't created or bred in a special lab. They themselves were average Joes at one point. And your point of view is basically saying just because they are in the entertainment industry they can react how they want. So in comparison if someone calls Wesley snipes a crook because he was charged with tax evasion and he pulls out a gun and shoots them it's ok cause hey....he's in the entertainment industry. He should be allowed to act in any manner he wants and not be held accountable for his actions. Or that he should be judged less harshly because he is in the entertainment industry. Because millionaires have it so bad they just can't handle the stress of someone calling them names. [emoji24]
  As far as public sector vs public eye.. law enforcement especially federal law enforcement falls under the same "public eye" as you dub it. Sure we don't carry the same popularity factor but we are judged with extreme scrutiny in the "eyes of the public". Meaning we're expected to act a certain way and carry ourselves a certain way. That is the point I was getting at with the professionalism statement.
Furthermore look at her response. Look at how she spelled out the text and the context in which she used it. Oh yes....fine argument there. Prove to me that you're not the trash you were being accused of by responding in the exact way that trash would have responded. If you're not a thug fine... but when you respond like one don't expect me to believe that your not.
  If the proverbial shoe fits wear it.

The argument is moot at this point because it's all a matter of opinions. I wasn't trying to offend anyone just making the statement that for the amount of money they get paid they should act accordingly. When certain actresses icloud accounts were hacked (Jennifer Lawrence pics) you didn't see them going around blasting profanity everywhere. Sure they were upset but they handled it in a way that was appropriate.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I'm not saying they're any different, I'm saying the industry they work in is different.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 04, 2016, 09:00:26 PM

You forget, this is the entertainment business. Plus everybody is different and some take public opinion too seriously. If you think you're better then her because you have tougher skin, great for you. Other people will tell the truth using colorful metaphors.

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jan 04, 2016, 08:17:31 PM
Yea but which one. The one we thought was shit or that one that was absolute shit? :P

The one that was absolute, god-tier shit  :laugh:

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

For the 2016 reboot, however, Ecto-2 is a motorcycle. Click on the photo of the vehicle below for the hi-res version:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/11/ghostbusters-first-look-photo-of-the-ecto-2?abthid=56bc94233eb4dd213f00000b

ace3g

ace3g

mez86

mez86

the trailers here

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

The ghosts looks awesome. That all I can take away from this trailer at the moment. Some of the comedy was funny, some flat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed