Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 154,881 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Why the hell does Ecto-1 have a big, obnoxious flashing yellow light welded to it?

Or is it an analogy for this entire project?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 10, 2015, 09:41:15 PMWhy the hell does Ecto-1 have a big, obnoxious flashing yellow light welded to it?
Because it is a new version.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 10, 2015, 09:40:02 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 10, 2015, 08:58:33 PMIt just looks like a fan made parody, a skit  -_-
What do you expect? A CGI car, neopren uniforms and supermodel chicks playing the Ghostbusters?

Ghostbusters are supposed to be broken-ass everymen (everywomen, in this case), I think the "cheap" look is true to the spirit of the franchise  ::)

Yeah I know that but it just looks forced, trying to keep up with the original movies, playing on nostalgia whilst also using concepts that don't actually work now in 2015. Have to remember the original movie came out in 84, a product of its time, and those elements don't necessarily fit in 2015 (like the car).

The same issue with the Robocop remake that obviously couldn't use the original movies notions of 80's greedy corporate America.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

It looks like crap.
Or like some one already said, looks like some fan made stuff.

The car .... i hope that's version 1 and we get something closer to the original later on.

For some weird reason they lost the elbow and knee pads and got shin guards......Do the ghosts in this movie go around kicking people on the shins that this was needed?

The orange all over, i dont get it.
Hopefully this is all version 1 stuff that get's better as the film goes on.

ace3g

ace3g

HQ

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 10, 2015, 09:40:02 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 10, 2015, 08:58:33 PMIt just looks like a fan made parody, a skit  -_-
What do you expect?

I'm seeing fans complain that the new film looks both too much and not enough like the old film. Damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Ghostbusters fanboys are undoubtedly the f**king worst.

Hubbs

Hubbs

If its a sequel, then what I see kinda fits, it could work as a follow-on.

If its a reboot then it kinda feels lazy. Of course its hard to win because if you reboot it and its drastically different then everybody whines. If you keep it exactly the same (which they seem to have), then it does indeed feel lazy and rehashed and everyone whines again.

But bottom line it all leads to the simple conclusion...why reboot such an iconic movie in the first place? You reboot bad movies to give them a second chance, you don't reboot classic super movies that everyone adores and were massively successful.

Thusly this movie really has nowhere to go, much like the recent TMNT reboot, but I doubt this will do as well as that.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 11, 2015, 01:43:34 AM
For some weird reason they lost the elbow and knee pads and got shin guards

I knew something obvious was missing from those costumes... Couldn't quite figure out what. That's it.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Confirmed to be a lazy reboot I'm afraid  -_- Spolier link warning!

As I've said before, its a no win situation because if they stray from the old formula people moan, if they stick to it, people moan. But at the end of the day it simply comes down to, why reboot such a successful classic movie in the first place.

If you reboot this with the same stuff then it will fail because it can never be anywhere near as good as the original and will always be compared to it (proven many times). What is the point?? at least with a sequel or reboot sequel you can use the same stuff with continuity and cameos and it will fit easier.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/about-that-dan-aykroyd-cameo-in-the-new-ghostbusters

Magegg

Magegg

The point is giving new twists to the concept and creating new stories.

I think you're mistaking a reboot for a remake  ::)

See Star Trek.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 15, 2015, 04:48:50 AM
The point is giving new twists to the concept and creating new stories.

I think you're mistaking a reboot for a remake  ::)

See Star Trek.

Yes but we have already seen they're using the same ideas, to the letter, what is the point.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 15, 2015, 04:59:03 AMYes but we have already seen they're using the same ideas, to the letter, what is the point.
Wow. I thought they were going to use completely different ideas, and even opposite :o

Isn't it the point of a reboot use more or less the same ideas?

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 15, 2015, 05:01:34 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 15, 2015, 04:59:03 AMYes but we have already seen they're using the same ideas, to the letter, what is the point.
Wow. I thought they were going to use completely different ideas, and even opposite :o

Isn't it the point of a reboot use more or less the same ideas?

Well to a point, but as proven with many other movies it doesn't often work, again...what is the point? If you reboot a bad movie then sure, reboot a brilliant movie...there is no point!

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 15, 2015, 05:24:19 AMWell to a point, but as proven with many other movies it doesn't often work, again...what is the point? If you reboot a bad movie then sure, reboot a brilliant movie...there is no point!
Again, tell new stories using similar ideas.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Hubbs on Jul 15, 2015, 05:24:19 AM
Well to a point, but as proven with many other movies it doesn't often work, again...what is the point? If you reboot a bad movie then sure, reboot a brilliant movie...there is no point!
You really, really don't understand how it all works.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed