Requirements for Predator Ranks?

Started by Tichinde, Jul 29, 2020, 03:45:11 AM

Author
Requirements for Predator Ranks? (Read 3,243 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 29, 2020, 03:45:11 AM
what exactly is required to become an elite from a blooded or a veteran, or even an elder. Is there some book that describes this caste system more that I can read?
It's my belief that different clans follow different rules, and would therefore have different requirements (or even different ranks altogether).

Tichinde

Tichinde

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 31, 2020, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: Tichinde on Jul 29, 2020, 03:45:11 AM
what exactly is required to become an elite from a blooded or a veteran, or even an elder. Is there some book that describes this caste system more that I can read?
It's my belief that different clans follow different rules, and would therefore have different requirements (or even different ranks altogether).

I always assumed there was a singular rank system from elder to ancient since they are all governed by the laws made by the council of ancients, but perhaps it's a clan by clan basis.

Samhain13

Samhain13

The Council of Ancients are only mentioned on AVP Extinction and it doesn't go in much detail on how they work. I doubt anyone involved in other entries that brought other ranks are aware of such a concept.

The clan from AVP(be it the movie or the first comic) separated its members through the blooding ritual, the ones from P2 did not have any markings like that, no unblooded/blooded ranking for them. The P2 clan probably didn't had like classes, its just the leader/elder and the rest.

Elder or Ancient are the Predators that managed to get old instead of dying in a hunt, and in charge of the clans. Most Predator ranks are thrown around without much explanation on how it works, the Elite Veteran thing started with AVPR and it was just the Strauses trying to make Wolf sound cool. AVP 2010 decided to touch on the concept again and you become a Elite in the game by shooting some statues with the plasma caster in some random test. Oh well.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's why I believe different clans have their own thing - there's already no consistency, and Predators are already so individualistic, it makes sense for them to have differing beliefs and practices from one group to the next. Perhaps some beliefs are more widespread than others, but I'm sure that for every widely-used rank structure you could find a half dozen smaller groups who do their own thing, even stuff that likely would get them branded as "bad bloods" in one group might just be normal to another group.

Nightmare Asylum

Man, reading through all of this kind of just emphasizes for me why I really don't like any of these concepts. Watching the films and all I see in them are some asshole hunters coming to Earth and killing stuff, that's it. The idea of these clans, rigid ranking systems, a "Council of Ancients," "Bad Bloods," the "Yautja" and their honor system, etc. just don't gel with me at all.

SuperiorIronman

In AVP and its direct sequel the Predators seen in that don't all have the marking either. Only Scar and the Elder (Ancient) possess this feature. Wolf does possess helmet markings but it's not clear what those markings even mean let alone why he has a wall full of helmets or if those are even his. The blooding of an individual is also only speculated on so its meaning could also very well be different than what the human characters speculated.

With different clans its entirely possible things are just different across the board for everyone. Though with the way things currently are Young Blood is directly referenced in City Hunters Hunting Grounds flavor text.

Tichinde

Tichinde

I asked before and everyone didn't know, I've read through all the AVP and predator books except Predator Flesh and Blood, Forever Midnight, and South China sea.

I keep seeing this same thing about predator rank requirements with percentages of the yautja population stats the whole shot, I see it everywhere, YT, Wiki, and even some forums.

So I'm asking one final time if any predator experts know about this hive cleansing thing, I figure it has to be like an RPG spec or some one off guide thats really rare.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed