NECA AvP Predators (Read 85,280 times)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

How old are u?

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm 28 and I grew up with the Kenner toyline so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 11, 2012, 02:22:56 PM
I'm 28 and I grew up with the Kenner toyline so they'll always have a special place in my heart.

Yep, back in the day (when there were NO Alien/Predator toys), the Kenner stuff was amazing.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I understand that forum members love the Kenner toys but I didn't grow up with the toyline therefore I do not share the same nostalgia.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

A lot of it is still really cool in my opinion. If NECA did a Kenner-callback version of the glow-in-the-dark "Stalker Predator" I would totally flip my shit.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Its cause ur 16 dude. If u didn't grow up with them than I totally get it. I'm 25 and I still remember going into KB Toys and seeing all those beautys. A simpler time it was. Its just one of those things ya know?

Shadow

Shadow

i can remember me wanting these but mom never let me, first one i got was hasbro's newborn way later. then there was nothing until the mcfarlane era. and now its neca

CodySpawn

CodySpawn

hell yea loved the kenner ones just throwing it out there but if it was between updated kenner vs updated avp i sadly would choose the kenner ones (though thats not really fair seeing that there were alot of the kenner ones)

WolfPredator89

WolfPredator89

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 10, 2012, 09:10:44 PM
Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Aug 10, 2012, 08:45:39 PM
Am I the only one who likes the AVP designs? And seriously, their lack of enthusiasm hopefully won't mean a lack of effort put into them...

Darn it, I WANT DA AVP PREDS NOWZ

It won't...they'll sculpt them with the same attention to detail as they've done with all they're Preds.

I can't wait to see the Kenner homage fig...I'm guessing Cracked Tusk.

I think there is a big chance that the Cracked Tusk pred will be done, look at his helmet, it looks a lot like the tracker predator one....

Ruadh

Ruadh

Heh...I was 16 when the Kenner toys were on the pegs, and bought every damn one of them. It was the best Predator and Alien figures at the time.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Oh man! I realy hope they make the AVP aliens too, there mah fave :D I am also really looking forward to see how the new Wolf Pred will look

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: HUGZZ on Sep 09, 2012, 08:37:31 PM
Oh man! I realy hope they make the AVP aliens too, there mah fave :D I am also really looking forward to see how the new Wolf Pred will look

I agree.

(Not on the AvP Aliens being my fav though).

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: kittychu6 on Aug 10, 2012, 03:57:26 PM
Quote from: Tribal on Aug 10, 2012, 03:54:22 PM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Aug 10, 2012, 02:06:54 PM

So if Wolf would be in the Series 10, what would be the series 8 and 9? The first AVP predators? More "expanded universe? If it´s the last one, I would like to see more characters from the Dark Horse comics as Machiko Noguchi.

Series 8 and 9 will be a tribute to the 25th Anniversary of the first movie (Five figures of Dutch, Jungle Hunter with new articulation and a Kenner homage)  8)

would the kenner homage be a kenner design updated to look like modern realistic figure? if so, dang! nice!

:-\ Oh really? Well, I hoped other characters from the Dark Horse comic universe or even Shaefer and Lin Kurosawa from the AvP arcade game by Capcom (by far the best AvP videogame!); despite I´ve never had a Kenner figure I fancy the idea of a homage. :P
Hopefully Neca do a Chopper predator.

LostHunter80

LostHunter80

I would love to see the kenner line redone with all the detail and  articulation NECA bringsyou the Predator and Aliens line both offer a multitude of designs right off the bat and would keep them going for quite awhile just picked up the Nightstorm Predator mint on card, would like to see him and the rest redone properly. As well as the Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed