NBA Finals TV Spot!

Started by whiterabbit, Jun 09, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

Author
NBA Finals TV Spot! (Read 44,997 times)

frenchfries

frenchfries

wait was there more than one tv spot out there?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 11, 2018, 08:09:30 PM

Quote from: gabgrave on Jun 11, 2018, 04:46:28 PM
Guys, with all we know about female Predators being bigger and badder than the males... what if that big one is female... and it's mating season?  ;D

Excuse me, just need to dry heave a bit :laugh:

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2018, 05:11:40 PM
Guys, with all we know about female Predators being bigger and badder than the males... what if that big one is female... and it's mating season?  ;D

And unfortunately for Captured... It's Five O' Clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4yLPF5sM0A

Damn.

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 11, 2018, 11:37:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsR2hAYEQ7U

Teeeenah:laugh:

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 11, 2018, 11:45:45 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 11, 2018, 05:11:40 PM

And unfortunately for Captured... It's Five O' Clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4yLPF5sM0A

Damn.

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 11, 2018, 11:37:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsR2hAYEQ7U

Teeeenah:laugh:

It's Chad predator at 2:30!!

Old One, that was well worth it  :D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well, to be fair... it's easy to do since the commercials have been in line with the leaked content, and it would be simple to infer that much of the specifics are the same too even if that's not the case.  A few interviews also point to some of the "meh" parts of the leaked content still being unchanged (like the friendly pred-dogs - one element that I hope is dropped.)   

I'm going to be honest...

...Kinda like the friendly Predator dog. It's lovable in a way.

and I love
Spoiler
Casey telling the army guys "If you touch my dog i'll kill you."
[close]

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 12, 2018, 12:37:16 AM
Well, to be fair... it's easy to do since the commercials have been in line with the leaked content, and it would be simple to infer that much of the specifics are the same too even if that's not the case.  A few interviews also point to some of the "meh" parts of the leaked content still being unchanged (like the friendly pred-dogs - one element that I hope is dropped.)   

I'm going to be honest...

...Kinda like the friendly Predator dog. It's lovable in a way.

and I love
Spoiler
Casey telling the army guys "If you touch my dog i'll kill you."
[close]

Spoiler
Doesn't she say that after doing some sort of round-house kick?  I thought I had safely removed all the cringe from my memory.  Some good ayahuasca or psilocybin is definitely in order for re-purging.  For medicinal purposes of course  ;)
[close]

I have a strong inclination that those parts were at least modified to a certain extent.  I can't see them staying in a Shane Black film - it's just not his style.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Oh it's goofy as all Hell, and I would hope it got changed for the integrity of the film... Buuuuut, if you're gonna have some goofy comedic stuff, putting it into an animal is the way to go, I think. At least then it's not tainting the Predator or human characters.

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 12, 2018, 12:32:19 AM

Now I want someone to edit the trailer so Chad calls Captured a "DWWEEEEBB."

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

For someone openmaw who has done nothing but talk this film down and speak negatively of it for months. You sure put a lot of effort into it , I'll give you that,  are you sure you're not secretly excited for this film? Sure seems that way considering how much time you spend talking about it !  ;D

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 12, 2018, 02:39:37 AM
For someone openmaw who has done nothing but talk this film down and speak negatively of it for months. You sure put a lot of effort into it , I'll give you that,  are you sure you're not secretly excited for this film? Sure seems that way considering how much time you spend talking about it !  ;D

I've stated on numerous occasions things that I like. I'm not being negative. I'm being realistic. I am the "consider this" man, curbing enthusiasm in all the threads.

For some it may be irritating, but consider what we've seen seen since 2007. People getting jacked up with hype and then having their legs kicked out from under them. There are a lot, lot lot lot of pitfalls in this production.

There are quite a few things that I like. Many of the actors (Olmos and Jane in particular.) I like that Shane Black is involved in general because at least someone form the old guard is there. I like the design of the Captured Predator. I think that they've done a good job on the Upgrade's design.

Am I excited, though? Look, i've loved these characters since I was 8 years old.

Back in the 90s I remember watching PREDATOR on TV for the first time, while I sat with my 12 inch Alien and Predator dolls. My very first email address on the internet was "thealienfan@hotmail.com" My first forum signature on any forum I ever visited was one of several Predator quotes.

I used to cut up cardboard and use duct tape to make Predator gauntlets and a mask and a smart disc.

So, yeah. I have a lot to say on the matter, and I want them to kindly please not f*ck it up, and have faith in the classic original creature, and the near perfect tone of that movie. The one that everyone loves.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

The same can be said for all of us there , and personally it might not be a better film , but for me predator 2 was a better "predator" film, and my favourite. So in other words you would rather they just rinse and repeat the first ? Correct ?

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 12, 2018, 01:12:03 AM
Oh it's goofy as all Hell, and I would hope it got changed for the integrity of the film... Buuuuut, if you're gonna have some goofy comedic stuff, putting it into an animal is the way to go, I think. At least then it's not tainting the Predator or human characters.

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 12, 2018, 12:32:19 AM

Now I want someone to edit the trailer so Chad calls Captured a "DWWEEEEBB."

"O'DOYLE RULES", followed by a mighty arm raise.

If I recall, a certain someone was also unabashedly against the movie until they read the script ;)  Some people liked the leaked content completely, others didn't, and some of us (like myself) or in between and wrestling with the parts that are hard to accept as a longtime fan.     

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 12, 2018, 02:58:07 AM
Back in the 90s I remember watching PREDATOR on TV for the first time, while I sat with my 12 inch Alien and Predator dolls.

Those are not dolls. Those are manly figures. Diminutive Statues of greatness. I never had any mind you, still don't. I had one G.I. joe, and some street sharks. Oh the days.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Jun 12, 2018, 03:21:35 AM
The same can be said for all of us there , and personally it might not be a better film , but for me predator 2 was a better "predator" film, and my favourite. So in other words you would rather they just rinse and repeat the first ? Correct ?

Not correct.

The natural course for the series after Predator 2 was escalation. We hunt them. That would be my focus in my Predator 3.

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 12, 2018, 03:39:10 AM
Those are not dolls. Those are manly figures. Diminutive Statues of greatness. I never had any mind you, still don't. I had one G.I. joe, and some street sharks. Oh the days.

Those figures went great with my 12 inch GI Joes.  :)

Huggs

Huggs

He is the anchor for this alien vessel of ours. Keeping us grounded, and realistic. Some of the movies in these franchises have been so fantastic that it doesn't always leap quickly to mind, exactly how much doody has been dropped in our lap since the late 90's. One needs both devils and angels on their shoulders to stay on track. Dissenting opinion, is the hallmark of positive and fruitful discussion.

Kaya

Kaya

Well I can at least say Captured actually has some pretty sick armor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed