Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 281,064 times)

Hamster1066

Hamster1066

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2017, 12:11:36 AM

Stop trying to make out that people are trying to silence your opinion.

Exactly. We keep asking for a basis to this opinion, but all we're getting back is the Earth-llike planet issue in every post. We've now got a vague role call of all the departments involved in the film who it seems turned in shoddy work - but there's absolutely nothing mentioned to back it up. If Hide doesn't have the time, inclination or energy to argue the point, why post? Perhaps he should just +1 everything Paranoid Android says.

oduodu

oduodu

If fox asks outlets why the movie hasn't done as well as they expected it makes me worried that we might not get a sequel. Has anyone any idea what the feedback was?

SM

SM

Which outlets?

oduodu

oduodu

Maybe i used the wrong term. I meant sites like avpg . I don't really know who else. I guess scified. Don't really know any other sites.

Main thing fox asked a few sites for feedback.

Someone said on this forum mentioned it but who I can't remember.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I think Alien Covenant is a film in which particularly its direction is very strong, subtle and deliberate at the same time, as if the director himself spoke to us through it.

SM

SM

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 25, 2017, 04:37:25 AM
Maybe i used the wrong term. I meant sites like avpg . I don't really know who else. I guess scified. Don't really know any other sites.

Oh right.  Yeah Hicks mentioned that.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2017, 05:28:53 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Aug 25, 2017, 04:37:25 AM

Oh right.  Yeah Hicks mentioned that.

If they are consulting people like Hicks I wouldn't be worried we won't get a sequel based on feedback. Hicks has a well balanced view of the film and likes most of the first half so I would presume his feedback would be equally well balanced.

It might actually help make a sequel more successful. However, I don't know if they asked for feedback prior to Covenant?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 25, 2017, 04:37:25 AMMain thing fox asked a few sites for feedback.

Fox also sent out some questionnaires to its fan contacts that were clearly fishing for feedback on the film.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Aug 25, 2017, 04:52:28 AM
as if the director himself spoke to us through it.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Movie making by committee.  :(

Hide

Hide

Totally Earth like setting

-No mystery
-The viewers feel that they are on earth.
-No fear of the unknown
-No sense of threat
-It feels fake, viewers hardly can eat it up.

Fixing
If you want to maintain your Paradise setting for the story you want to tell.

-Change the color of things, uneasiness.
-Change the lighting (two small suns for example, or whatever)
-Change the day-night hours.
-Change the weather.
-Change the sound.
-Give scenes that show how the other planetary system looks from the ground.
-Make your crew look scared and wearing helmets even if the tests say they don't have to.
-Make the crew running tests for some time before landing.
-Send the Androids first to explore the planet (why just one Android? They are expendable)
-Don't make your crew acting like they went hiking. Smoking, like they went for a walk in the Park, smelling flora(!), comforting their woods with water etc...

And this could go on and on for the whole movie and all the decisions that were made...

windebieste

windebieste

Too much lol in all of this.  You really don't get it do you? 

-No mystery
Absolute spadefuls of it. 

-The viewers feel that they are on earth.
Funny how the Enginneers are like us and need to live on an Earth like world. 

-No fear of the unknown
The false sense of security pervading the entire planet is accompanied by absolute silence.  There's definitely something not right going on here.  We are told this in dialogue and in questions - no one feels safe, rifles are always at the ready, no one rushes off to go skipping through the woods.  They're very cautious and at least one security team member is present.

-No sense of threat
Concealed threat is veiled.  Of the wolf you know vs the wolf in the woods - the one hidden is much more of a concern.

-It feels fake, viewers hardly can eat it up.
Avoid eating at McDonalds.  That shit aint food.  Other than that, it was a convincing world to me.

None of this stuff needs fixing.  Go home already.

-Windebieste.

Highland

Highland

Mixed feelings on the Planet.

Didn't bother me that it didn't feel Alien.

Don't know why it was called Paradise. Seemed a bit shit. Like Scotland in February.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Highland on Aug 25, 2017, 09:15:49 AM
Mixed feelings on the Planet.

Didn't bother me that it didn't feel Alien.

Don't know why it was called Paradise. Seemed a bit shit. Like Scotland in February.

:D If it were Scotland in Feb it'd look more like the planet Hoth.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Highland on Aug 25, 2017, 09:15:49 AMDon't know why it was called Paradise. Seemed a bit shit. Like Scotland in February.

:laugh:

Not enough rain.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed