Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 278,530 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 16, 2024, 11:14:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 16, 2024, 09:16:51 PMhttps://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1769109864842736062
Someone to explain me this please 😅 I didn't understand it

Steve Asbell (20th Century Studios' president) passed along Scott Wampler's (Fangoria contributor, formerly of Birth Movies Death, noted big Alien franchise fan on social media) comment about Covenant being a "banger" to Ridley Scott directly.

Hope Ridley smiled at that one, 'cause Covenant is, indeed, a "banger." 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I still stand by my love for Alien: Covenant and David and the Neomorphs (though I do think it falters majorly when the Alien itself becomes involved).

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2024, 01:51:36 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 16, 2024, 09:16:51 PMhttps://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1769109864842736062

Steve Asbell (20th Century Studios' president) passed along Scott Wampler's (Fangoria contributor, formerly of Birth Movies Death, noted big Alien franchise fan on social media) comment about Covenant being a "banger" to Ridley Scott directly.

Surprised Asbell is familiar with this British colloquialism.

Local is usually stumped when it comes to these kind of words.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2024, 09:11:00 AMI still stand by my love for Alien: Covenant and David and the Neomorphs (though I do think it falters majorly when the Alien itself becomes involved).

While I wouldn't say "majorly" myself, I do very much think that the third act should have streamlined things down to one single Alien (keep Oram's around longer, scrap Lope's entirely). The David/Walter interplay in the second act is the real heart of the movie, though.

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 18, 2024, 01:35:05 PMSurprised Asbell is familiar with this British colloquialism.

He hangs out with Ridley on the regular. I'm sure he's learned a lot.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Also it would have been great for the Alien to fight a Neomorph, to win and then be defeated by Daniels in the crane.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A confrontation with a Neomorph is something that briefly happens in Foster's novelization. Can't remember if it was in the script or if it was totally ADF's doing, though.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Man...with a few more changes, such as; a little more Giger aesthetic in the citadel of the Engineers, a little Shaw before arriving at Planet 4 and keeping only one Alien...this could have been irrefutably the third best Alien movie with everything and its controversial approach.

I think it's easier to improve than Prometheus. Plus it has a great soundtrack.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 18, 2024, 02:12:17 PMA confrontation with a Neomorph is something that briefly happens in Foster's novelization. Can't remember if it was in the script or if it was totally ADF's doing, though.

It was in the script.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 18, 2024, 01:35:05 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 17, 2024, 01:51:36 AM

Surprised Asbell is familiar with this British colloquialism.

Local is usually stumped when it comes to these kind of words.
Imagine I that English it's not my language 😂

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 18, 2024, 02:17:49 PMMan...with a few more changes, such as; a little more Giger aesthetic in the citadel of the Engineers, a little Shaw before arriving at Planet 4 and keeping only one Alien...this could have been irrefutably the third best Alien movie with everything and its controversial approach.

I think it's easier to improve than Prometheus. Plus it has a great soundtrack.
Hell yes, I'm agree with that. Also the third act I would make it little longer, for better preparation for the Alien. It would be so cool if we had an scene of the survivors after escaping Planet 4 and they having a dinner before going to hypersleep and the Chestburster coming out during the dinner

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 18, 2024, 02:01:40 PMThe David/Walter interplay in the second act is the real heart of the movie, though.

Amen to that

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I think it would be cool to see the Alien Fighting other creatures (and preferably winning) in some kind of live-action media.

And no, I don't mean the Predator :laugh:, but some new monster that appears in an Alien movie, like the Neomorph in Covenant.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Like the Newborn?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 19, 2024, 10:55:51 AMLike the Newborn?

That freaking c**t traitor killed your majesty. So yes! especially that one >:(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Poor Newborn. :'(

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed