Inside the Members Studio

Started by Aeus, May 30, 2011, 07:06:54 PM

Author
Inside the Members Studio (Read 168,117 times)

ShadowPred

Shasvre

Shasvre

Any particular reason as to why he left?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Laufey on Oct 31, 2011, 07:09:38 PM
Any particular reason as to why he left?

I haven't been on, so I do not know, but from earlier posts that I read he should have been gone the moment the whole 'calling members faggots" started.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The what?? I don't think I heard about that.

Pn2501

Pn2501

I heard it had something to do with private messages being not so private.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Augh, there shouldn't ever have to be speculation around bannings or demotions... why can't this stuff just be made public so that people don't have to constantly question it?

Master Chief

Master Chief

We don't need to speak of the faults and failings of others, or reveal potentially embarrassing details regarding what happened. I'm sure you guys don't mean harm so let's just move on.

Is anyone going to continue with the interviews?

Pn2501

Pn2501

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 01, 2011, 12:42:45 AM
We don't need to speak of the faults and failings of others, or reveal potentially embarrassing details regarding what happened. I'm sure you guys don't mean harm so let's just move on.

Seems like there's already basic template for questions, so I could do it.

Do you folks have anyone in particular you'd like to see interviewed?

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 01, 2011, 01:12:46 PM

Aeus

Spoiler
What...too soon?
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes, much too soon.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 01, 2011, 01:12:46 PM

Me!

Master Chief

Master Chief

As long as you don't answer with gifs/pics of Deadpool or Spiderman, I wouldn't mind reading it. ;)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

It's an interview, of course I won't. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

*drum roll* please!

And here. we. GO. Welcome fellow Galaxy goers to the new and resurrected Inside the Members Studio thread!!! I am your host DoomRulz and am taking over from Aeus since he left site. Hey, it's not a pretty job but someone's gotta do it. Right?

Kicking things off for new set of interviews, we have the resident Deadpool and multiple Razzie-nominated member for 2011, Mr. Purebreedalien!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

First, let's begin with the obvious. Which is your favourite film of the franchises and why?

I don't actually have a favourite, I still haven't voted in the poll because I can't decide between 'Aliens' and 'Predator'. I love them both equally for similar reasons; story, tension, characters, suspense and action. Aliens wins over Predator with the horror side of things but considering the film that spawned it that isn't difficult.

Give us some insight into the man behind the username. In other words, 'who are you and what do you do?'

I'm 17, from England and currently attending Sixth Form at a local school. I'm studying English Language, English Literature and Media. Besides Sixth Form I don't really have much else going on, so I spend a lot of my free time either on the Internet, with friends, reading comics or drawing using my Bamboo tablet. [http://www.purebreedalien.deviantart.com]Shameless DeviantArt plug.[/url]

Has your love of this franchise influenced you in anyway?

It got me back into drawing and appreciating surreal art a lot more than I used to. I decided to do my GCSE Fine Art final piece based on HR Giger and practicing drawing the creatures when I was a bit younger helped me get better at drawing overall so I guess I can thank the franchise for that.

We're all here due to our appreciation of these franchises. What about them keeps you interested after all these years of fandom?

This website and the community mostly, let's be honest, besides 'Predators' last year there hasn't been a lot of good material for either franchise being produced. Fortunately that seems to be changing with the mostly positive reviews of 'Aliens: Infestation' and 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' and 'Prometheus' arriving next year but it's really the community that keeps me interested due to how interesting everyone is (mostly) and all the unique viewpoints.

What are your thoughts on how the series has developed over the years?

I only got into the series back in 2005 with the release of 'AvP' and didn't join up here until November 2007 a few months before 'AvPR' was released so admittedly I don't have much firsthand experience of 'the years'. Thankfully I have seen the original movies and whilst I adore both Predator films and the first three Alien movies I thought the quality began to slip with 'Resurrection' (which I hate). Then 'AvP' and 'AvPR' made me appreciate the originals more because they're nowhere near as good as them, thankfully I am one of the people who enjoy 'Predators' and with 'Prometheus' and A:CM out next year the franchise looks like it has a pretty bright future. Overall though I think it has been steadily declining in quality.

What is it about the AvP Galaxy community that you enjoy the most?

The family spirit a lot of us have here. I've met a few true friends here and this place is unlike any online community I've ever seen or been a part of. I'll just add, seeing as I'm here, that it's an honor talking to so many like-minded, smart and talented individuals. You're all brilliant.

If you could change or add one thing to AvP Galaxy, what would it be?

I think I'd add a General Literature section because I know a lot of people here enjoy reading and book topics are usually lost in the General Discussion, which is a shame.

Who is your favourite board member and why?

That's a tough one, I think overall it would probably be OmegaZilla. I talk to him a lot more than anyone else on MSN and we just get along really well. The Other Me (he knows who he is) would be a close contender if I could speak to him more often on MSN. Hint. Hint.

What is your favourite curse word?

I think the one I use the most is 'f**k' but I'm partial to 'frak' from Battlestar Galactica (Thanks Sweeps).

If Heaven exists, what would you like God to say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

"Welcome, we have unlimited usage of Scarlett Johansson, Kate Beckinsale and Emma Stone, all the Deadpool you can read, free Internet, Xbox Live and a helluva lot of all your favourite foods and everything else you could ever want."

Ridley Scott's Prometheus is set to be the lastest installment to the franchise. What are your feelings towards the film and the direction they're taking with it?

I think it looks pretty good so far, I'm still not entirely sure if it's an Alien film or just set in the same universe but it does look and sound very promising and I'll be sure to check it out if I can.

Do you feel AvP is a wasted concept? If so, what could be improved?

I just think they need to reboot it after Prometheus and set it back on track like they've done with 'Predators' (in my opinion). As close to the original designs as possible, a strong script, set it in space with likable characters and I'd be happy.

You're known as the resident Spider-Man and Deadpool fan. What is it about those characters that makes them fun for you?

I dunno about Spider-Man but definitely Deadpool. I absolutely love his character, I first 'met' him in Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the PS2 and I just thought he was really, really cool. I mean, he's an unkillable ninja mercenary with pop culture references spewing out of every orifice, a dark, tortured past and the knowledge that he's inside a comic book. I love Joe Kellly's run because he isn't just a wisecracking mercenary (as he is today) he wants to better himself and improve on his life but he keeps running into set-back after set-back and it's just brilliant to see how he handles it and adapts.

If you could cross them over with Alien and/or Predator, would you? What would you like to see happen?

I don't think it would work, to be quite honest and I wouldn't like to see them try either.

You were nominated for six categories in the first ever AvP Galaxy Razzie Awards. How did that make you feel?

I'm the king of the world! Also haters gonna hate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed