New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 306,803 times)

Mystic Ninja

@Highland

I was expecting that look as well and also black armour. Not that I don't like the look of the Preds in the photo.

May be RR has dropped the genetic Super Pred idea and just gone with Bad Bloods?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 16, 2010, 09:52:32 AM
@Highland

I was expecting that look as well and also black armour. Not that I don't like the look of the Preds in the photo.

May be RR has dropped the genetic Super Pred idea and just gone with Bad Bloods?
That would be the better option, seriously. Just make really bad f**king Predators, that are even hunting other Predators.

I dont think that happens though.

Machionic

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2010, 09:50:20 AM
Can you tell us what Oleg was posting about the movie? (Besides those pics)
Besides those pics nothing really. I think he posted them just for frends. He only wrote under pics some brief description. Like "Adrian Brody & I" or under Steele's pic "Super predator bez maski".

Mystic Ninja

where is the black armour? Although they do look more bulky, like Preds on steroids

keylight-di

I'm impressed these pictures. Truth, they aren't perfect. But in comparison to those we could expect - they seems almost perfect. And it seems that - in contrast to the nonsense that some tried to justify - Preds may look like Preds. Not like a drunken genetics mistake.  ;)  My relief is impossible to describe.
IMHO Bad Blood it's better idea than BSP.
Bad Super Predator? ;)

Quote from: DeadDay on Jan 16, 2010, 10:00:10 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 16, 2010, 09:50:20 AM
Can you tell us what Oleg was posting about the movie? (Besides those pics)
under Steele's pic "Super predator bez maski".

Super Predator without the mask. ;)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Geneticaly modified super Preds is not nonsense! The only nonsence was from fan boys/girls  bad mouthing and writing off something based on a draft.

BSP are something new. The old Preds still exist.

keylight-di

So look at yourself.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

What? Look at my self and do what exactly?

Bah! More nonsense.

I'm happy after seeing the photos. I feel the faith that I have given RR since the start is being rewarded! A true Pred fan will have faith in a movie until they see it.

ColonelDoctorPaulChurch

I have mixed feelings. It's hard for me to truly judge since I have not read the script posted, though having read through the forum responses on it, I have a pretty solid idea of the plot and the whole "Super Predator" and "Black Super Predator" business.

It looks to me, based on the pics, that the 3 Preds conform to a typical build when it comes to group dynamic. You have the Average build (The left Predator), the skinny, sleek build (the middle Predator), and the "Big Guy" build (the right Predator).

The Mask designs themselves lend to their body types. The left Pred's mask looks like the original with a jawbone slapped on. The middle Pred's mask is long, angular, and sleek, implying finess, athleticism, and ferocity. I can almost be positive the middle Pred is the leader of the group. He also doesn't have any bones on his mask, which I want to believe is because he doesn't need to show off. He is a badass in his own right, and the other two Predators adorned their masks perhaps to try and look tougher, fiercer, and more experienced than they actually are.

I also appreciate the fact that their chests are exposed, but their back is heavily armored based on the actors sitting in the chairs. This implies to me that, like iin the original films, they do not fear being unprotected there. They consider it more honorable to be vulnerable from the front where there opponent will be facing them in combat, but also don't want to be hit with a cheap shot from behind, hence the added back protection. A bit of a smug hypcorisy there since the Predator as we know is often cloaked and at an advantageous point in which to engage in long-range combat while stealthed. But that's true to the Predator. Though they have a code of honor they abide by, they also give themselves advtantages, and obviously would rather blow themselves up and take their prey with them rather than lose. The most awesome of sore losers award truly belongs to this alien race.

If these are your standard Predators, then I am pleased, and I feel they work as a whole. There's nothing mind-blowingly unique here, but they have just the right amount of simplicity and intrigue to follow in the footsteps of the Predator featured in at least the first film. I feel the Preds at the end of Predator 2 were more unique in design than these. Even if most were wearing very similar armor, their masks and trophy adornments were more diverse. Especially the Predator Elder in P2. I love that design. He could kick all three of these guys asses with his left pinky. These Preds don't look like seasoned warriors to me. Again, this is fine if they are regular Preds, and actually makes sense based on what I know of the story.

However...

...if they're intended to be the "Super Predators," then this greatly worries me. I would expect significantly more advanced technology on them, a much more unusual armor design, and much more "grotesque" features as a whole. I don't mean something gratuitous when it comes to grotesque, but there really isn't anything about them that makes them different from what we've seen before. They're too average to me to be Super Predators, but perhaps "super" is the wrong term here. These could be nothing more than Predators with a different ideal in how things should be done, but even if that's the case, the 3 should have something that sets them apart obviously from a regular Predator that we've come to know as a character. And it should be an obvious thing, something that clearly says "I am not like other Predators." A marking, an iconic, unique weapon we can associate them with, anything.

These designs just don't have that "thing" that separates them from anthing we've seen before if they are indeed the Super Preds.

I do have faith it will be a good film, but I'm just not seeing anything new here visually. The more I look at the pics, the more I do like the three preds, and the unmasked Pred is indeed excellently done, but it's all so very much the same. Predator 1 and 2 were both different and offered new things to the table. Maybe their
Spoiler
animal friends, hehe
[close]
will be something new enough to stir up the mix, but I hope there's some new and unique tech. P2 definitely stepped it up with new and innovative items such as the breathing mask, a more advanced medkit, the slicing net, the throwing disk, and even the shoulder canon was unique to the previous incarnation in the first film, but it didn't overdo it by just making things "bigger" and "Pointier" like a certain AVP film did... P2 was a fantastic sequel, even though for some very odd reason, it doesn't appear to have as much acclaim as its predecessor. It added to the mythos in a subtle, reasonable, and not too over-the-top way.

I hope P3 is great, I really do. It's a film I am excited and hopeful for, and I want it to be great. I know enough not to judge it based on set pics, but at least I could throw down my 2 cents and maybe try to add some reason behind the designs in my own opinion.

Thanks for reading, and I hope there is a lot more to see, and that the Super Preds, if these aren't them, are indeed amazing and unique.

Shasvre

Sweet, finally some pictures. I love them. ;D Thanks!

Johnny Handsome

QuoteA true Pred fan will have faith in a movie until they see it.
No one is bashing the movie, i have seen some bad behind the scenes stills from the original as well and look how it turned out in the movie.

But everyone can express their opinions without hating things for the sake of it. I don't hate anything about the movie so far, i thought the Preds are going to look way cooler, i didn't get that, doesn't mean that they look shit, i like them, but i think they could have also designed them much, much more spectacular and creative.

On the other hand, I'm so glad that they aren't the bulky, steroid pumped shitheads that they are in the script. The set looks amazing, the Predator pole looks like something from Predator 2 (which is awesome) and the cast and costumes look good too.
The Winston Pred looks f**king awesome, really really glad about that, but he isn't perfect either.

I'm missing the fishnet look on all four, the paintjobs on the 'super' ones could have been more creative, and they are a bit small.

That doesnt make me less of a fan though. So stop talking BS, please.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I'm not talking BS. The people who talked BS are the ones bashed the film based on limited info, the ones who accused me of not being a fan for liking the BSP idea ect

Any way, let's get back to topic.

Can someone tell me who exactly bad bloods are and is it true they are cannibals?

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Is it just me or do these predators look like the same predator desgin from paul andersons AvP?

The long dredds and face features there missing the net mesh but but other than that im diggin the hide armor

Mystic Ninja

Yes, they both where muscular

Commander Griker

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 16, 2010, 10:45:29 AM
I'm not talking BS. The people who talked BS are the ones bashed the film based on limited info, the ones who accused me of not being a fan for liking the BSP idea ect

Any way, let's get back to topic.

Can someone tell me who exactly bad bloods are and is it true they are cannibals?

Bad Bloods: Those who have committed crimes against the Yautja race

Unblooded: The class of trained Yautja who at a particular time have not successfully completed a hunt.

Blooded: The class of Yautja who have successfully completed a hunt, but are not yet experienced enough to be true warriors.

Warriors: These are the Yautja who don't hunt with a clan, but engage solo in combat and war.

Artisans: The forgotten class, these are Yautja who invent things, build things, pilot ships, etc.

Arbitrators: They are the Yautja police force in human terms they are judge, jury, and executioner of those who violate Yautja law.

Ancients: The mightiest of the Yautja are the veterans known as the Ancients

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed