Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator?

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Author
Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator? (Read 1,104,482 times)

Kailem

Definitely a change from the original idea that worked extremely well. It'd be hard to imagine Arnold as the underdog if the Predator was kinda monkey-sized instead of seven feet tall.

Trioxin

I'm sure you all noticed that the first draft predator was an alien being hunted in the predators movie yeA?

Lizardboy

Predators tracing by bayardwu

Predator sketches by walent

3D version by kentamura

Predators by llamas

PD: I think a crossover with Jurassic Park would make a cool comic, maybe set in Costa Rica with some dinosaurs on the loose like in the original novel, and one predator taking the chance to hunt something his ancestors hunted millions years ago.

Voodoo Magic

Wow, nice art, but that is one strange looking Predator. I had to double check if I was sober or not!  :D

SuperiorIronman

That's definitely a weird face on that Predator. Though I'm cool with a design like that since they can have some pretty gnarly faces. I could definitely see them altering mandible positioning if the tusks grew in a weird way even if I'm more used to the film's positioning.

Trioxin

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 04, 2020, 01:38:48 PM
Wow, nice art, but that is one strange looking Predator. I had to double check if I was sober or not!  :D

If you have to check you know you are not sober. Just like insanity and stupidity.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 05, 2020, 05:11:48 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 04, 2020, 01:38:48 PM

If you have to check you know you are not sober. Just like insanity and stupidity.

Ah. You make a good point.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 02, 2020, 06:22:07 PM
I'm sure you all noticed that the first draft predator was an alien being hunted in the predators movie yeA?

Not quite! But it is similar, if for the insectiod elements.

The Old One

The Old One

It's definitely inspired by the original creature design though.

TheSailingRabbit

That's not a Predator, or a Crabator . . .

It's a Bull Dog-ator.

Trioxin

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 05, 2020, 06:55:50 PM
Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 02, 2020, 06:22:07 PM

Not quite! But it is similar, if for the insectiod elements.

Really I'm surprised if it is not as soon as I saw it it reminded me of that picture of the original suite sitting on a wooden "horse"

426Buddy

Original predator design:
Spoiler
[close]

River Ghost:
Spoiler
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 05, 2020, 09:10:56 PM
It's definitely inspired by the original creature design though.

Not deliberately. It's bit of an urban-myth. It was more directly influenced by the Guyver creature according to the effect guys.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 05, 2020, 09:15:53 PM
That's not a Predator, or a Crabator . . .

It's a Bull Dog-ator.

TheSailingRabbit

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed