Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator?

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Author
Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator? (Read 1,104,306 times)

happypred

Quote from: Omegazilla on Jan 22, 2014, 04:49:45 PMChopper was surprised from behind and incapacitated immediately. Aliens can dodge cannon fire. Etc. It isn't a simple hunter-lion mechanism here.

Yeah, let's just pretend there was no human distraction when Chopper was surprised ::)

predators armed with plasma casters from the start + no humans getting in the way = a much, much easier hunt

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 23, 2014, 02:35:28 AM
Chopper was only surprised because the writing was abysmal.
:laugh:

Or because Predators aren't perfect things (nor are the Aliens, eh -- but neither is some kind of deity).

You also had Celtic choking out what's his face for such a long period of time when he could have snapped his neck in that instant.
Since when do Predators immediately kill whom they pick up by the neck? Dutch and Harrigan sure weren't killed that way.

All three of them are attacking the outside group - working as a team.
There is not any implied teamwork there. We don't even know who did all the shit -- probably Celtic -- it was just them all attacking at once. The only instance that can be seen as actual teamwork is when Chopper kicks Alexa when she tries to attack Celtic.

Quote from: happypred on Jan 23, 2014, 04:14:14 AM
predators armed with plasma casters from the start + no humans getting in the way = a much, much easier hunt
And who said the situation would remain the same?

Doesn't mean they would surely pass the ritual, though.

Master

It was more of a messing around then real help, when refereed to Chopper. It's not like Alexa with pickaxe could pose a real danger to Celtic.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Master on Jan 23, 2014, 08:46:20 AM
It was more of a messing around then real help, when refereed to Chopper. It's not like Alexa with pickaxe could pose a real danger to Celtic.

IDK Master, Alexa did kill a Xeno with Scar's spear.  It depends on how sharp her pick axe is. 

Master

Look at Pussyface, how much punishment he was able to take. I agree that predator weapon could make things different, but her pickaxe was no such weapon, and Celtic was heavy armored.

ShadowPred

QuoteOr because Predators aren't perfect things (nor are the Aliens, eh -- but neither is some kind of deity).

Nope, the writer f**ked up. You don;t just have a second Predator just staring at Celtic for a good long time only to be conveniently killed for doing nothing.

QuoteSince when do Predators immediately kill whom they pick up by the neck? Dutch and Harrigan sure weren't killed that way.

I'll give you that one, but Celtic was holding him for too damn long, much too long. I see no reason for that.

QuoteThere is not any implied teamwork there. We don't even know who did all the shit -- probably Celtic -- it was just them all attacking at once. The only instance that can be seen as actual teamwork is when Chopper kicks Alexa when she tries to attack Celtic.

If they're working together on these smalltime humans (Alexa being kicked to not interfere). I think it's safe to say they'd be busting out the teamwork on far superior foes.

QuoteAnd who said the situation would remain the same?

It's no certainty, but I don't think they would pass up the opportunity to make sure they all got through it alive.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jan 23, 2014, 06:29:06 PM
Nope, the writer f**ked up. You don;t just have a second Predator just staring at Celtic for a good long time only to be conveniently killed for doing nothing.
We don't know what it was thinking or what it was planning at all.

I'll give you that one, but Celtic was holding him for too damn long, much too long. I see no reason for that.
Predators take their sweet time for a lot of things.
Not to mention that whilst he was holding Sebastian up, he killed some time by finishing Maxwell.

If they're working together on these smalltime humans (Alexa being kicked to not interfere). I think it's safe to say they'd be busting out the teamwork on far superior foes.
But that's literally the only instance that can be described as teamwork; nowhen else do they actually collaborate.

It's no certainty, but I don't think they would pass up the opportunity to make sure they all got through it alive.
Of course they want to survive; doesn't mean they actually would.

DoomRulz

Quote from: happypred on Jan 23, 2014, 04:14:14 AM

Not necessarily. Scar had his caster for a grand total of maybe 10 minutes before it was taken away from him.

shadowedge

Requiem28

Interesting.

AliceApocalypse

Requiem28

Sorta looks like Bender1988's Aztec Pred.

happypred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 24, 2014, 12:19:15 PMNot necessarily. Scar had his caster for a grand total of maybe 10 minutes before it was taken away from him.

A good argument could be made that the director conveniently took away the plasma caster because he needed to de-power Scar...like how Harrigan shoots City Hunter's plasma caster, conveniently causing it to short circuit

My point still stands...during the time he has a plasma caster, Scar has a much easier time wasting aliens. Wolf obviously also benefits from plasma weaponry in Requiem.

Now imagine if the three young predators have three shoulder cannons right from the beginning of the hunt. The hunt would be a lot less challenging.

Grid likely would've been gunned down by Celtic as Grid slowly raised Chopper and stared him in the eyes for several seconds

DoomRulz

Assuming Grid didn't see it coming and didn't dodge, yes.

Topazora

Topazora

I know some of you guys are not huge fans of coffee, but hopefully you'll appreciate the humor all the same.  As for someone who has to have her coffee, this is just funny to me.
There's also something about the predator being in such a classy pose for a savage murderous space monster. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed