Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator?

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Author
Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator? (Read 1,104,484 times)

blood.

damn it... I keep remembering that little samurai ninja dude out of predators and forgetting that wasnt a predator he was fighting... nor a super predator, that was a guy in a rubber suit. Seriously, that was the worst fight scene I've seen in a long time. The falconer was so clumsy looking in that scene.

TheMonolith

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 02:42:09 AM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jun 25, 2013, 01:48:07 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2013, 02:47:21 AM
I don't understand what that has to do with my saying Bruce Lee has no chance against the Predator.
The point is that Lee had much more skill than even the brawny man, and if the brawny man was able to hold his own, Lee should do just fine minus the expected punishment that the leading men usually take.
Plus Lee killed Chuck Norris.

No he wouldn't. A human will always lose in a hand-to-hand fight against a Predator.
Hand to hand? Yes. I will agree with that. Bruce Lee was a better fighter than Arnie and Danny so he would, barring weapons and traps, be able to hold his own for a bit longer and maybe land a few better blows and take more punishment, but that is as far as it goes.
But there are still the weapons and traps to come into play. With that in mind, my moola is on Lee.

blood.

The question is does Bruce get the throwing darts and dual nunchucks straight from way of the dragon

happypred

Whether Bruce Lee has a chance against a predator depends on which representation of the predator is thrown against him.

If Bruce Lee has a blade, he probably has a decent chance against the likes of Falconer (arguably the weakest, least durable predator on screen).

Against Wolf, City Hunter, Jungle Hunter, or one of the AvP1 preds, Lee would be physically outclassed by a ridiculous margin. His only chance of winning would be through trickery (for example, playing possum a la Danny Glover).

Against a skilled predator of the EU (a predator like Dachande or Smiley), Lee has zero chance. We're talking about a predator who has the reflexes and speed to engage a dozen xenomorphs in melee at once, the skill to solo an alien queen. Lee gets ROFLSTOMPED by this kind of predator.

Of course, if there's a high-end, there's a low-end, even in the generally wanked out EU. There's that predator who couldn't defeat a mother bear protecting her cubs. Lee might have a good chance against that one.   

Requiem28

Quote from: happypred on Jun 24, 2013, 07:24:16 AM
Anyway...found this cool pic ;D

That one is pretty good.

DoomRulz

Quote from: TheMonolith on Jun 26, 2013, 12:13:19 PM
I don't understand what that has to do with my saying Bruce Lee has no chance against the Predator.
The point is that Lee had much more skill than even the brawny man, and if the brawny man was able to hold his own, Lee should do just fine minus the expected punishment that the leading men usually take.

No he wouldn't. A human will always lose in a hand-to-hand fight against a Predator.
Hand to hand? Yes. I will agree with that. Bruce Lee was a better fighter than Arnie and Danny so he would, barring weapons and traps, be able to hold his own for a bit longer and maybe land a few better blows and take more punishment, but that is as far as it goes.
But there are still the weapons and traps to come into play. With that in mind, my moola is on Lee.

He wouldn't be able to take more punishment. Bruce Lee was a small guy. He was muscular, but very wiry. He was much smaller than Arnie. One direct hit from the Predator would smash Lee in half.

happypred

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 27, 2013, 01:40:05 AM
That one is pretty good.
Yeah great use of texture

blood.

Quote from: happypred on Jun 27, 2013, 01:34:50 AM
(a predator like Smiley),   

where can I find more on smiley besides a wiki page? Where does appear? Comics?

TheMonolith

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 27, 2013, 02:43:30 AM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Jun 26, 2013, 12:13:19 PM

He wouldn't be able to take more punishment. Bruce Lee was a small guy. He was muscular, but very wiry. He was much smaller than Arnie. One direct hit from the Predator would smash Lee in half.

Mono: You know Doom, this argument of ours is getting kind of silly. What say you and I move on?
Doom: Certainly Mono. We need to save our energy anyway for the next picture.
Mono: Next picture?
Doom: Yes. Word is it is going to be Indiana Jones vs. a Predator.
Mono: Doom? I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Requiem28, nice find there.  ;)

DoomRulz

Haha, perfect ending! Ingrid Bergman is going to have one hell of a makeover to look like Bruce.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: happypred on Jun 27, 2013, 05:52:56 AM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Jun 27, 2013, 01:40:05 AM
That one is pretty good.
Yeah great use of texture

That's awesome. I'd love to see some more work from that artist. Everything is great except the tips of the mandibles are all pointed/curved in slightly off directions. Distracting, but forgivable given the rest of the art.

Sexy Poot

Perspectives wrong too. Unless hes got an ET like neck...

Requiem28

Just to be clear, I didn't post that image.  It was happypred.

DoomRulz

Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 24, 2013, 03:06:04 AMThe Predator is a lot physically stronger and is probably a lot better at grappling and wrestling but Bruce may have the agility advantage here as well as faster strikes.
You're out of your mind. Wolf wrestles a fu**ing predalien. Celtic ragdolls Grid (before dying rather stupidly). A predator in the comics throws a bull bison around. The physical disparity is too much for a human to overcome.

I like this pic but that forehead for whatever reason, gives the Predator a Klingon-ish look to him. Anyone else see it?

Terx2

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 01, 2013, 02:57:52 AM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 24, 2013, 03:06:04 AMThe Predator is a lot physically stronger and is probably a lot better at grappling and wrestling but Bruce may have the agility advantage here as well as faster strikes.
You're out of your mind. Wolf wrestles a fu**ing predalien. Celtic ragdolls Grid (before dying rather stupidly). A predator in the comics throws a bull bison around. The physical disparity is too much for a human to overcome.

I like this pic but that forehead for whatever reason, gives the Predator a Klingon-ish look to him. Anyone else see it?

Are you talking about the creases on his forehead?

I kinda see it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed