Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator?

Started by TheUrbanPredator, Sep 15, 2007, 09:32:39 PM

Author
Best ever Predator pic/pic of Predator? (Read 1,104,286 times)

Requiem28

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 17, 2012, 11:35:37 PM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 17, 2012, 04:36:50 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Jul 17, 2012, 01:06:03 PM
All he said was it would have been better... Never did he say there were.

Yeah, what I meant was the the idea of dinosaur sized xenomorphs was better then the weak regular ones we got in AVPR. AVPR really made the aliens out to be pushovers. A ordinary high school pizza guy kills a few of them for crying out load.

If he has the right weaponry, why is that so unbelievable?

Trained National Guard soilders were taken out pretty quick.

DoomRulz

And? Again, anything is possible. Some of those were taken by surprise.

shadowedge

Yeah, what I meant was the the idea of dinosaur sized xenomorphs was better then the weak regular ones we got in AVPR. AVPR really made the aliens out to be pushovers. A ordinary high school pizza guy kills a few of them for crying out load.

I think he had a pistol but I could be wrong. It is hard to see a xenomorph being killed by a pistol. It has been a while since I saw the film so I could be wrong.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 18, 2012, 05:55:41 AM

I think he had a pistol but I could be wrong. It is hard to see a xenomorph being killed by a pistol. It has been a while since I saw the film so I could be wrong.

You missed the bit in Aliens with Vasquez?

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Space Bullets in Aliens =/= bullets in 2007 colorado

Why is this never considered in Sci Fi debating? I doubt we'd reach a stand still in advancing the effectiveness of bullets, especially since a sidearm can save a troop wih an empty rifles life (sort of did for Vasquez, and would've if Aliens hadn't been Aliens)

Either way, I'm sure we'd be able to accept Him and others being able to guns and kill aliens, but these aren't human beings. No, they're AvPR caricatures of characters and honestly it's not just "a ordinary high school pizza guy" it's a "brain deficient drooling high school pizza guy"

shadowedge

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jul 18, 2012, 08:17:47 AM

Vasquez shot the alien in the head a bunch of times though with a pistol that is 200 years more advanced than what we have.

delsaber8

Quote from: shadowedge on Jul 18, 2012, 04:32:36 PM

Vasquez shot the alien in the head a bunch of times though with a pistol that is 200 years more advanced than what we have.

Not to mention, that she was a marine and not some untrained pizza delivery boy.

MrSpaceJockey

+ Pistol shots from Gorman towards aliens that were 10ish feet away from him did no damage at all.

DJ Pu$$yface

Casual watcher = Pistol = Pistol.

Shasvre

delsaber8

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 19, 2012, 03:43:04 PM

Chopper blades, I thought they were a cool idea in AVP, but we never saw them in action unless you count the flashback scene. Cool picture regardless.

Bloodee Jacob

Not sure if this has already been posted but...

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Not really.

Her pistol was a regular S&W M39 9x19mm

And Gorman has a H&K VP70 also 9x19mm

Those weapons are not that different (i would even say older) than the Glock 17 used by the pizza boy

ShadowPred

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 19, 2012, 03:43:04 PM

This same exact scene is exactly what happened in an AvP RP Forum that I used to be a part of. So awesome seeing something like it so similar.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Jul 19, 2012, 10:29:04 PM

Not really.

Her pistol was a regular S&W M39 9x19mm

And Gorman has a H&K VP70 also 9x19mm
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/6/65/VP70.jpg/400px-VP70.jpg

Those weapons are not that different (i would even say older) than the Glock 17 used by the pizza boy
http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/1/15/AVP-R_Glock2.jpg/600px-AVP-R_Glock2.jpg

it may look that way, but like the Pulse Rifle is not a bubba'd Thommy, these guns could be made with different materials, more powerful loads, and much deadlier ammo types.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed