What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 588,567 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I found out from my Human Resources lady at Toys R Us that EVERYONE is going to be suffering cut hours due to the fact that the store hasn't been making sales as of lately. And this is what really crushed me.... apparently, there will be team members who will be FIRED, not laid off... FIRED.. at the end of the weak. I got seriously depressed in being told this off-hand by my H.R. lady, and uh... I hope I'm not one of them.

I mean, I do my best to help the customers, making sales.. my only weakness is that getting merchandise out is tough for me, and I'm very slow at it. So... I really hope I don't lost this job.. It's... it's all I've got, really.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Certainly hope you are not one of the unlucky team members getting sacked.
Spoiler
I say "sacked" because I never really liked the term "fired". It's not like you are literally getting caught on fire or something. Well, I hope not anyway.
[close]

Are the long term employees still around? Usually the longest tenure employees are last to go... Unless you're in bed with the higher ups :P

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

The ones who have the longest time in are still in around. I've been with the store for over a year now. Yeah, it hasn't been that long but it feels like it so... I definitely put in my time, and do my best to actually keep up with the work load, and most importantly keep the customers satisfied.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 24, 2016, 11:56:22 PM
The ones who have the longest time in are still in around. I've been with the store for over a year now. Yeah, it hasn't been that long but it feels like it so... I definitely put in my time, and do my best to actually keep up with the work load, and most importantly keep the customers satisfied.
That is most important after all! Hope for best, it's all we can anymore.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Keeping the customers satisfied is the number one thing, and my H.R. lady told me that I was great with assisting the customers-- which hands down is the number one thing. Now, I will admit there are some customers who do get on my bad side, but I try to hide my frustrations, and sometimes the customers are jack-asses but I try and help them out. I mean if that's the one thing that's gonna save me, it's gonna be my customer service skills.

System Apollo

System Apollo

If you been working there for years, Rak; you should be able to use that as leverage in terms of finding a new job. If you want, send me a resume without your personal information of course and I can go through it for you and come up with suggestions. Don't let something like this instill you with a feeling of hopelessness, they happen so you can take your next step in life.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: System Apollo on Jul 25, 2016, 06:11:51 PM
If you been working there for years, Rak; you should be able to use that as leverage in terms of finding a new job.

I've only been working at the store for a year and a month at the most.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 25, 2016, 06:48:30 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Jul 25, 2016, 06:11:51 PM
If you been working there for years, Rak; you should be able to use that as leverage in terms of finding a new job.

I've only been working at the store for a year and a month at the most.
A year? That still will benefit you greatly.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Don't get wrapped around the axle on jobs mang, always more work out there.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Might as well prepare for the worst. Already got references lined up and two applications ready to be filled out.

System Apollo

System Apollo

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 25, 2016, 11:12:28 PM
Might as well prepare for the worst. Already got references lined up and two applications ready to be filled out.
That'a boy! Plenty of more work out there.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I mean I might as well prepare for the worst. I think I have... three, four or five references from TRU and I figure I might as well do these two applications and submit them in tomorrow. Then look around to see where there are other places to look for-- assuming the worst does happen.

Best case scenario? I'm not fired/laid off from TRU but it does tell me that maybe it is time to look for something else.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know you've been through some shit, Rakai, but you just gotta roll with it. It's great that you're taking the initiative to get those applications done in case. Hopefully you'll be fine but never hurts to have contingency.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The amount of delays and cancellations on the trains yesterday. Was a long day travelling back. Its like they wait until the Summer holdiays for cancelling everything

System Apollo

System Apollo

Speaking of all this work I have mine in 40 minutes. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed