660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 463,580 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think the Preds are more interesting as characters, but the Alien design and universe is much better.

So I give it to the Alien, though in the original AvP comic back in the day, I was pulling for broken tusk. 

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 15, 2017, 02:26:00 AM
I think the Preds are more interesting as characters, but the Alien design and universe is much better.

So I give it to the Alien, though in the original AvP comic back in the day, I was pulling for broken tusk.
I agree with you on the Predator characters being more interesting, but not on the Alien universe (at one point I found it very interesting).

I'm being bratty because I'm very disappointed in Covenant and how it took away the mythos of my beloved insect  ;D.  I'm starting to think that less backstory would've been better for the franchise. Who knows, maybe the next installment will be better.  As for now, RIP to the mysteriousness of the Alien.

NeoXenoPred

NeoXenoPred

Quote from: Master Chief on Sep 15, 2017, 02:53:34 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 15, 2017, 02:26:00 AM

I agree with you on the Predator characters being more interesting, but not on the Alien universe (at one point I found it very interesting).

I'm being bratty because I'm very disappointed in Covenant and how it took away the mythos of my beloved insect  ;D.  I'm starting to think that less backstory would've been better for the franchise. Who knows, maybe the next installment will be better.  As for now, RIP to the mysteriousness of the Alien.
Agree with you, man. Predators is much more identifiable as a creature with characteristic more than Aliens, because of their insect like appearance. I actually thinks that Aliens have their own characteristic, like LV-1201 Warrior which is a true genocider, but not seen much. I don't like the revealation of the Alien backstory much, as it took away the mysteriousness and if the backstory is disappointing then all the cool factor is gone.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

Kinda off topic but it has been bothering me can I change my vote? I like predator more.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Darkblade 25 on Oct 05, 2017, 11:33:50 PM
Kinda off topic but it has been bothering me can I change my vote? I like predator more.
I can edit the poll to allow users to change their vote, but I won't.  Looks like you're stuck being an Alien fan for the rest of your days.  ;)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 06, 2017, 02:08:52 PM
I can edit the poll to allow users to change their vote, but I won't.  Looks like you're stuck being an Alien fan for the rest of your days.  ;)

I took the liberty of adding in your actual reaction to that poor soul's plight of being stuck as an Alien fan.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Your efforts are futile MC, Predator is still ahead  :P

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Oct 06, 2017, 06:07:38 PM

The Apex-Predator is always ahead in the food chain.  :P

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

Ah well guess I am I don't mind.

Master Chief

Master Chief

8)

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 06, 2017, 05:24:01 PM

I took the liberty of adding in your actual reaction to that poor soul's plight of being stuck as an Alien fan.
It's literally how I felt when I replied.  :laugh:

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Oct 06, 2017, 06:07:38 PM
haha I know, but Darkblade 25 's vote will always be for the Alien.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Interesting that Predators are winning. Still Alien for me. Results look like a birth chart for boys/girls being born with boys winning by a short margin.

Huggs

Huggs

Aliens, hands down. They don't need technology, they don't look even remotely human. They don't attempt to communicate with or join sides with humans. They are inherently vicious and uncompromising monsters. Tooth, claw, and a razors tail, that's all you get. There are no human emotions like honor, merely an unceasing drive to consume every living thing and spread the species. A lone predator is an isolated problem, a lone alien is the beginning of an extinction level event. Drop them in any story, on any world, and they will take over. They're simply unstoppable. And what they do, and how they do it, is utterly horrifying. They are, as it has been best said, "A Perfect Organism".

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 23, 2018, 03:56:17 AM
Aliens, hands down. They don't need technology, they don't look even remotely human. They don't attempt to communicate with or join sides with humans. They are inherently vicious and uncompromising monsters. Tooth, claw, and a razors tail, that's all you get. There are no human emotions like honor, merely an unceasing drive to consume every living thing and spread the species. A lone predator is an isolated problem, a lone alien is the beginning of an extinction level event. Drop them in any story, on any world, and they will take over. They're simply unstoppable. And what they do, and how they do it, is utterly horrifying. They are, as it has been best said, "A Perfect Organism".
And that is why they need to be destroyed; they serve no purpose.  ;)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 23, 2018, 03:56:17 AM

I kinda agree with you... I mean they are really fascinating for the reasons you evoked, and their "simpler" behavior is way more ominous to me. But preds are fascinating in their own way too.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 23, 2018, 02:37:42 PM
[...]But preds are fascinating in their own way too.

I do like the Alien, but to me, the Predators are more fascinating.  It's because of the tech, the individual personalities, and the intelligence.  One could befriend one and get rides to other planets, whereas an Alien wouldn't even let you ride it.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed