Pretty good
48 (20.6%)
Meh....
23 (9.9%)
Hated it.
7 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author
Green Band Trailer Officially Released! (Read 90,975 times)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 01, 2017, 06:50:44 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Mar 01, 2017, 06:35:07 PM
That was a little better than the previous trailers.

Not digging the CGI of the alien, so far. That immediately stood out to me and was off putting.

Looks like the crew is too dumb to wear helmets on an alien planet and the subsequent spore infection shows exactly why that is. Is Walter supposed to be programmed to keep humans from harm? Maybe he'll warn them and they just tell him off. "Helmets?? C'mon Walter, don't be such a buzzkill. We got this, bro!"

Aside from Fassbender, the entire cast seems bland and forgettable. Little more than warm bodies for aliens to infect/kill, and/or for David to do more experiments on. Also I think Danny Mcbride was a poor choice to cast for an Alien film. They might as well have gotten someone like Tom Green or Pauly Shore to pilot the Covenant.

I personally think Mcbride is gonna own this roll
I think you are right. However I think alot of that depends on what kind of roll he owns. If its ham and cheese then im not so sure. Though I do think he is going to really beef up his rolls in general with his performance in Covenant.  ;D 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 01, 2017, 05:31:23 PM
Shit Hubbs, never seen you post in any of the alien subforums before. Congrats!  :laugh:

Don't encourage him!

Quote from: Cpt. Pike on Mar 01, 2017, 05:35:12 PM
You people expect too much. It's a movie, nothing more nothing less.

Nothing like a good ol' gross overstatement and tarring everyone with the same brush. Thanks for that insightful contribution.

I reckon he's going to be great in Covenant and he's one of the things I'm really looking forward to seeing about the film.

Sgt. Shanx

Prometheus didn't have enough aliens in it ::) This has too much aliens in it, I don't like this because blah blah blah. Drew your arguments up as sophisticated as you want buy at the end of the day it's just nitpicking and whining. Need I remind you, it's Scott's franchise to do as he pleases. As far as I'm concerned all the ideas I've read from you people on this website of how these movies should play out in your minds, is more garbage than anything Scott has presented. Hints why none of you will ever make a movie.

They will NEVER be able to duplicate the scariness of Alien as its already been done.

The space jockey was never to be elaborated on in the first place, it was a set piece, so it's up to Scott to decide what to do with it without your opinion, and he has done a fine job. The size discrepancy argument is stupid as the only way to make them that big without a man in a suit would be cgi which you would whine about as well.

Daylight is a thing, the alien isn't a mystery anymore so to see it outside is not that far of a stretch.

So what if Dave made the Xenos. Later maybe they go on to  become what they are in aliens, without any help from anyone. Again not your choice to make and way better than some stupid planet with them as a part of the ecosystem like an ant. James Cameron screwed up the mystery of alien if you want to point the figure with the introduction of the queen. He was flying under the bigger is better motto to out do the first movie and sell tickets. Just to be clear I like the queen but it WAS the down fall and the ultimate softening of the alien into cannon fodder.

The CGI looks fine. It's not like they will be skimping on it and using a sub pat company. I'm sure they will smooth out any wrinkles and I'm sure there is still a man in the suit for the appropriate shots. But it's doesn't work for everything and unless you want to have a movie full of slow moving, boring aliens like in Alien, this will do fine. I'm sure if the tech was there in 1979 to explore more ideas like this Scott would have done it. They were limited and that's why they hid most of it most of the time. The time of not showing something to be scary is gone. The majority of the audiences don't want that cause it doesn't work especially in this case. We know what the alien is already.

To think that the blompkamp hack job project would be any different, is foolish. They had a stupid biomech suit in the concepts that screams of a 90s toy line. That movie is gonna be the real garbage, just like those awful AVP movies.

Scott's trying to explore deeper ideas than, "oh look an alien home world that looks like every other Giger drawing with wild aliens running around! Let's take off and nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!" Two hours of shooting pulse rifles and running away from aliens and then a queen at the end. Been there done that, and while it was fun, it gets old. Go watch Aliens over and over if you want that. That movie spoiled most of you and your ideas of what is or isn't an Alien movie.

Now there is nothing I can say to convince you people to like this film and it's your right not to. But ALL, ALL of your reasoning for doing so is childish, and holds no weight whatsoever. Its all just fanboy whining because you didn't get your way. If you had valid arguments then it be a different case. Why not instead of looking for stuff not to like appreciate the fact they are even making another film?

thank you for that...im behind you on this 100...i was just saying in a post the other day how the xeno's look and movement is WAY better than anything we've seen in an alien movie so far...cgi or not

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2017, 07:22:40 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 01, 2017, 05:31:23 PM
Shit Hubbs, never seen you post in any of the alien subforums before. Congrats!  :laugh:

Don't encourage him!

Nothing like a good ol' gross overstatement and tarring everyone with the same brush. Thanks for that insight contribution.

I reckon he's going to be great in Covenant and he's one of the things I'm really looking forward to seeing about the film.

I've been coming here for ten years, and I swear I've read a post like this every time a new movie comes out. It's starting to become cliche.

Infected

Quote from: Predaker on Mar 01, 2017, 06:35:07 PM
That was a little better than the previous trailers.

Not digging the CGI of the alien, so far. That immediately stood out to me and was off putting.

Looks like the crew is too dumb to wear helmets on an alien planet and the subsequent spore infection shows exactly why that is. Is Walter supposed to be programmed to keep humans from harm? Maybe he'll warn them and they just tell him off. "Helmets?? C'mon Walter, don't be such a buzzkill. We got this, bro!"

Aside from Fassbender, the entire cast seems bland and forgettable. Little more than warm bodies for aliens to infect/kill, and/or for David to do more experiments on. Also I think Danny Mcbride was a poor choice to cast for an Alien film. They might as well have gotten someone like Tom Green or Pauly Shore to pilot the Covenant.

Yeah his humor was already there in the last supper trailer,
you are gonna love him, and you are gonna see him die, i think in a hardcore way.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 01, 2017, 07:36:33 PM
I've been coming here for ten years, and I swear I've read a post like this every time a new movie comes out. It's starting to become cliche.

It happens in every single fandom and pretty much anywhere there's an opinion to be expressed about something. It's hardly a unique phenomenal to this website.

Lots of people are enjoying this, and some people aren't. It's just as cliched seeing people complain about people complaining than it is seeing the first set of people complaining. Just be respectful with how people express their opinions and we've got no issues.

Gates

Same ole, same ole here at the Galaxy... :laugh:

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2017, 07:40:16 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 01, 2017, 07:36:33 PM

It happens in every single fandom and pretty much anywhere there's too be an opinion expressed about something. It's hardly a unique phenomenal to this website.

Lots of people are enjoying this, and some people aren't. It's just as cliched seeing people complain about people complaining than it is seeing the first set of people complaining. Just be respectful with how people express their opinions and we've got no issues.

Agreed.

Predaker

QuoteNeed I remind you, it's Scott's franchise to do as he pleases.

I wish he hadn't done those AVP movies.  :-\

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Infected on Mar 01, 2017, 04:06:17 PM
I agree on that, the part that holded everything together as a mystery was ripped apart by the outcome of the so called space jockey aka the engineer, it was proof or just stupidity to not understand your own franchise and mystery, to me the jockey scene in Alien before Prometheus, was maybe even more important then the whole xenomorph stuff.
And then building on Fassbender because he was magnificent in Prometheus as David is imo another flaw and another stupid choice,
and therefor not understanding your own franchise and the mystery that holds it together.
If you go on what i just said you can expect a good movie but it will not deliver us fans of what we hope and want from the franchise,
most likely a lot of superficial action survival horror with non to little in depth of Shaw and the engineers.
Im not dissing the movie but lets not expect much of the things we waited 30 years for.
Yes, take this film for what it seems to be (which is a good action movie at this point relying on everything we learn by date) and if delivers more than you expect, you will get a bonus :-)

Nevertheless, I still hold on to the fanboy hope to encounter the SJ creatures/or mentions of their extinction in the later films, yet it - even speculatively - can only see the light if Covenant makes a hefty box office, so may it be successful with whatever path they chose it to follow.

Quote from: Darth Vile on Mar 01, 2017, 04:33:17 PM
These things are not mutually exclusive. It's entirely possible that Scott can deliver a good, well crafted action/thriller that some fans may not like. He doesn't really owe the previous films, or fandom, anything. I assume he's just trying to make a film that can entertain general audiences. Alien Covenant will stand or fall on how good a film it is, rather than how well it adhears to fans expectations.
Fair point about catering to the general folks! Yet, I feel that unlike the ardent fans, general audiences will have less patience for the same story told numerous times over and over again (and I am afraid that is the kind of response I'm kept seeing on wider-themed boards and in news comments).

You can still entertain general viewers with sprinkling some new ideas into the story.

NickisSmart

My thoughts on the trailer:

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 01, 2017, 01:51:12 PM
Scott can not be trusted, once more. The fact so much has been given away in a 2:30 trailer just as it happened before with prometheus irremediably points in toward that possibility. Yes, the trailer is very cool and all that, but so was the trailer of prometheus back in the day, and look what happened eventually.

Also, so underwhelming to finally see that we won't be rolling back to the old human-like behaviour/way of moving around displayed by first alien. We are again given an animal alien, no matter it spawns from a human host. The so called Neomorph seems to display same animal behaviour/way of moving as well, when it could have been an incredibly disturbing thing to see this thing moving like humans, or just like the first alien did. It also doesn't seem fully grown to me. It's small.

It was making it like a human what it was truly disturbing, scary and mysterious too after all, not the other way around.
i totally disagree...imo the origional alien was slow and clunky...very unrealistic...the story, pacing, lighting is what made the creature scary...lol its "human" like behavior wasnt a mistake or intentional hell it was a guy in a suit...watching it on screen you have to use your imagination because it doesnt look very fast and agile...nor do you ever see it crawl across a ceiling or wall...meeeaahhh...i like this upgraded cgi version much better...the alien actually seems deadly, aggressive, strong fast and im ACTUALLY seeing it

echobbase79

Does anyone know what that tribal like music is from?

jdxmoore

Prometheus didn't have enough aliens in it ::) This has too much aliens in it, I don't like this because blah blah blah. Drew your arguments up as sophisticated as you want buy at the end of the day it's just nitpicking and whining. Need I remind you, it's Scott's franchise to do as he pleases. As far as I'm concerned all the ideas I've read from you people on this website of how these movies should play out in your minds, is more garbage than anything Scott has presented. Hints why none of you will ever make a movie.

They will NEVER be able to duplicate the scariness of Alien as its already been done.

The space jockey was never to be elaborated on in the first place, it was a set piece, so it's up to Scott to decide what to do with it without your opinion, and he has done a fine job. The size discrepancy argument is stupid as the only way to make them that big without a man in a suit would be cgi which you would whine about as well.

Daylight is a thing, the alien isn't a mystery anymore so to see it outside is not that far of a stretch.

So what if Dave made the Xenos. Later maybe they go on to  become what they are in aliens, without any help from anyone. Again not your choice to make and way better than some stupid planet with them as a part of the ecosystem like an ant. James Cameron screwed up the mystery of alien if you want to point the figure with the introduction of the queen. He was flying under the bigger is better motto to out do the first movie and sell tickets. Just to be clear I like the queen but it WAS the down fall and the ultimate softening of the alien into cannon fodder.

The CGI looks fine. It's not like they will be skimping on it and using a sub pat company. I'm sure they will smooth out any wrinkles and I'm sure there is still a man in the suit for the appropriate shots. But it's doesn't work for everything and unless you want to have a movie full of slow moving, boring aliens like in Alien, this will do fine. I'm sure if the tech was there in 1979 to explore more ideas like this Scott would have done it. They were limited and that's why they hid most of it most of the time. The time of not showing something to be scary is gone. The majority of the audiences don't want that cause it doesn't work especially in this case. We know what the alien is already.

To think that the blompkamp hack job project would be any different, is foolish. They had a stupid biomech suit in the concepts that screams of a 90s toy line. That movie is gonna be the real garbage, just like those awful AVP movies.

Scott's trying to explore deeper ideas than, "oh look an alien home world that looks like every other Giger drawing with wild aliens running around! Let's take off and nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!" Two hours of shooting pulse rifles and running away from aliens and then a queen at the end. Been there done that, and while it was fun, it gets old. Go watch Aliens over and over if you want that. That movie spoiled most of you and your ideas of what is or isn't an Alien movie.

Now there is nothing I can say to convince you people to like this film and it's your right not to. But ALL, ALL of your reasoning for doing so is childish, and holds no weight whatsoever. Its all just fanboy whining because you didn't get your way. If you had valid arguments then it be a different case. Why not instead of looking for stuff not to like appreciate the fact they are even making another film?

Bingo. You've articulated my thoughts on this exactly! 

Alien&PredatorFanBoy

Awesome trailer definitely what I was hoping for last time and it was awesome to see the Xenomorph back  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed