Question about side missions...

Started by Engineer, Nov 18, 2013, 03:15:14 AM

Author
Question about side missions... (Read 3,641 times)

Engineer

Engineer

Do you really have to pay $2 each for every side mission? Or is it $2 for all of them? Or, is there a way to unlock them without paying anything extra?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Wait, I don't remember having to pay for side missions, but maybe the game has changed since I got it.

Engineer

Engineer

Do they unlock after you complete the game? I have one mission left for both species, and all side missions are locked... They give me the option to pay $2 to unlock the side missions, but I don't want to pay if they will unlock once I beat the game... And I'm not sure if it's $2 per side mission or $2 for all side missions...

predxeno

predxeno

I have an iPhone 5 and the Side Missions unlock whenever you beat the primary campaign mission they are attached to; other Side Missions can be unlocked by downloading the most recent updates or by finding hidden items.  What device are you using?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, to my recollection they unlock after you beat the game.

Engineer

Engineer

I'm using an iPad 2. Running the most current iOS system update. And I believe I have the most up-to-date version of the game. The only thing is, I haven't yet completed the primary campaign. I have 2 missions remaining (last alien and last predator missions). Also, I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not by I'm playing on normal difficulty...

... Speaking of which, is there a way I can change the difficulty to hard without starting a whole new player profile? I'm not seeing an option anywhere to do that....

Anyway, none of the side missions have unlocked for me yet, but it's giving me the option to buy them for $2. It's not very descriptive though... I dunno if it's $2 per mission or $2 total for all missions. Plus, I mean, why pay for it if they'll unlock once I complete the primary campaign, right?  I'm just not sure what to do. Lol. Right now I'm just building up my characters though... I pretty much played through the whole campaign using virtually only the starting items/weapons/characteristics, and the final alien mission/boss is proving to be impossible without upgrading to stronger armory/abilities. I DID unlock the two bonus missions for finding all of the secret items though...

predxeno

predxeno

I'd contact Angry Mob Games and ask for their assistance.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 22, 2013, 04:47:52 AM
I'd contact Angry Mob Games and ask for their assistance.

Hmmm... Ok, thanks. I'll keep playing until I finish the campaign to see if that makes a difference. If all else fails, then yea, I'll contact angry mob...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, if you've only got 2 missions to go, I'd definitely finish out the campaign before worrying about it. :)

Engineer

Engineer

I beat the standard campaign... Still no side mission unlocks. I think it's time to contact angry mob... Unless I need to beat the game on hard rather than normal.

predxeno

predxeno

No, just normal.

predxeno

predxeno

I have confirmation that side missions are now locked for ALL players unless $2 is paid.  Way to screw over the players, Angry Mob Games; they took a page out of Gearbox Software's book.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 01, 2013, 04:40:55 AM
I have confirmation that side missions are now locked for ALL players unless $2 is paid.  Way to screw over the players, Angry Mob Games; they took a page out of Gearbox Software's book.
Lmfao! Wow, that's one of the worst insults I've ever heard. Haha... Gearbox (sarcastic tone) :-)

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Engineer on Dec 01, 2013, 05:05:24 AM
Lmfao! Wow, that's one of the worst insults I've ever heard. Haha... Gearbox (sarcastic tone) :-)
Really? $2 for one side mission? That's is a f**k*ng sh*t.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: aliens13 on Dec 01, 2013, 05:09:43 AM
Quote from: Engineer on Dec 01, 2013, 05:05:24 AM
Really? $2 for one side mission? That's is a f**k*ng sh*t.
No, it's supposed to be $2 for all 12 side missions, only the problem I'm having is, 11 of them are still locked after I paid for them...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed