Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,373 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Razziel on May 25, 2008, 12:02:52 PM
AvP

+more that 1 predator
+good designed pyramid
-predator + Lex = love (WTF?)
-in the the part when Lex was holding ground and some guy was trying to help Lex get back.
Some alien came behind that guy. The alien killed him. Why that alien don´t killed Lex too?

AvP R

+Cool predator
+GREAT story
+Nighvision googles effect
+Predalien
-more mystakes tha in AvP
-End

So if you look at what i writed you must know that AvP R was TOTALLY better.

Your post made no sense, figuratively and literally. AvP-R had a "GREAT story"? What theater did you watch it at? What the f*ck is a "googles effect"? "More mystakes tha in AvP"? So you're saying AvP-R is better for having more mistakes?

severen76

severen76

There's the fact that he mentioned more good points in the AvP part of his post too.

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 12:54:37 PM
Quote from: Craig on May 24, 2008, 07:08:08 AM
Going for a kill which he though he had in the bag? Just maybe that's why he got so close. It's not like he was going to throw a rock at him from the other side of the room to finish him off.

i sill dont see your point, he underestimated harrigan, from what it shows he just made a mistakes but i dont see how at all he was cocky about it..

Exactly, he underestimated Harrigan. Someone who managed to not only lay him out with shotgun blasts,but also chop off his forearm and put up a good fight with the Predator's own weapon.

Underestimating a combatant who proved himself to be that capable was not just a mere mistake, it was cocky and stupid.

scholar

scholar

The original the only thing I really liked about AvPR was mrs. Yutani. The rest I don't care about. I personally hate the predalient, but i do like the idea behind it. The grid alien was nice. The storylien 100% original. Come on, what else could you ask for? Well a better film granted but between the two, come on?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Are you praising AvP or AvP:R?

scholar

scholar

The first.

SM

SM

QuoteThe storylien 100% original. Come on, what else could you ask for?

Original compared to what?

If you compare it to the original AvP comics and the main thrust of Chariots of the Gods and the pyramid in Star Beast it's 0% original.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 25, 2008, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: Razziel on May 25, 2008, 12:02:52 PM
AvP

+more that 1 predator
+good designed pyramid
-predator + Lex = love (WTF?)
-in the the part when Lex was holding ground and some guy was trying to help Lex get back.
Some alien came behind that guy. The alien killed him. Why that alien don´t killed Lex too?

AvP R

+Cool predator
+GREAT story
+Nighvision googles effect
+Predalien
-more mystakes tha in AvP
-End

So if you look at what i writed you must know that AvP R was TOTALLY better.

Your post made no sense, figuratively and literally. AvP-R had a "GREAT story"? What theater did you watch it at? What the f*ck is a "googles effect"? "More mystakes tha in AvP"? So you're saying AvP-R is better for having more mistakes?

It wasn't that hard to understand. It was just poor grammar. I agree the Wolf was cool. Obvously he's my favorite Predator. I love the story. Nightvision goggles weren't a big thrill for me but it didn't ruin anything. I love the Predalien.

Reply about AvP, All the Predator movies except for the original had more than one. The only thing I really enjoyed was the Predator, Alien, and Alien vs Predator action. I didn't like the designs of anything, the movie looked like it was filmed in a wherehouse which it probably was. Thats where it was killed for me. Same about the setting for Resident Evil. Now I don't know if thats because of Anderson or not but it ruins it for me anyway. And of course the team up.  :-X It completely strips the scariness of the Predators. In AvPr the Predator weren't so scary either but thats because it wasn't a full on Predator film. Its all about how it follows the Wolf's mission and the spreading Alien infestation in the town. If it were a standalone Predator movie, I'm sure the Wolf would be shown less making him more scary.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: scholar on May 26, 2008, 02:45:29 AM
The original the only thing I really liked about AvPR was mrs. Yutani. The rest I don't care about. I personally hate the predalient, but i do like the idea behind it. The grid alien was nice. The storylien 100% original. Come on, what else could you ask for? Well a better film granted but between the two, come on?

Nothing is completely original. Nor is AvP's storyline.

PredatorIII

PredatorIII

Quote from: Sheriff Eddie Morales on Dec 26, 2007, 04:39:44 PM
I voted for AvP R.
I think AvP R is more good than AvP.
But anyways...AvP was good too.

avp-r is better

i wasted 5$ at video store on AVP in 2004...

PREDATOR KING

PREDATOR KING

I spent 12$ when i went but my copy came with a 20 page preveiw of the ADI book so it was worth it. I almost dident get it becouse when i went this dumb chick took 2 copies intead of one  >:( and they where out luckily this employe had found one in the back that hadent been shelved.  :D

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: StealthHunter on May 26, 2008, 01:28:16 AM
Going for a kill which he though he had in the bag? Just maybe that's why he got so close. It's not like he was going to throw a rock at him from the other side of the room to finish him off.

i sill dont see your point, he underestimated harrigan, from what it shows he just made a mistakes but i dont see how at all he was cocky about it..

Exactly, he underestimated Harrigan. Someone who managed to not only lay him out with shotgun blasts,but also chop off his forearm and put up a good fight with the Predator's own weapon.

Underestimating a combatant who proved himself to be that capable was not just a mere mistake, it was cocky and stupid.

i could be going for a kill shot on a wounded lion but as i go for the kill shot it kills me, thats not cockyness thats a mistake...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 28, 2008, 10:58:09 AM

i could be going for a kill shot on a wounded lion but as i go for the kill shot it kills me, thats not cockyness thats a mistake...

If you're standing there admiring it then it kills you, that's b/c you were cocky.

Craig

Craig

I don't think he knows the meaning of the word.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2008, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 28, 2008, 10:58:09 AM

If you're standing there admiring it then it kills you, that's b/c you were cocky.

he was admiring his 'to be' killed of the day, not jumping around pretending to kill him and juping around while singing 'you cant touch this' now that would be cockyness

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed