Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 684,409 times)

HF

HF

Quote from: Sol on May 14, 2008, 02:41:52 AM

You wholly contradicted yourself there, HF.

No I did not. I stated facts. No contradiction there.

QuoteWhat was the point to this? Why even post if you didn't plan on contributing something to the thread, other than straight nonsense? Raising your post count? Riding SiL's nuts? Either way, stop. Or keep going, doesn't make a difference to me, in the long run.

I posted this to show you how ridiculous this whole argument was getting. You called SiL a biased fan, when you really sound like the biased one here. I chose that little part to show you how ridiculous you were getting. Really having that "no no you're wrong" attitude won't help you at all.

QuoteAnd don't know where "Power levels" came into the picture, but my blight is with the Predators sheer stupidity, not how strong they are. The latter is a result of the competence, or lack thereof displayed by the Predators.

Well there you go. The exact same thing could be said for the aliens in avp:r. While on the other hand, you had quite capable aliens. Celtic almost won against a pretty good opponent, while Wolf pounded little whiny bitches. Yeah, Wolf is so superior, he was able to kill little weaklings. The aliens we saw in avp were portrayed as dangerous aliens. The aliens in avp:r were portrayed a way that not only diminished them, but Wolf as well.

This is mainly what SiL, gameoverman and I are trying to tell you.

SiL

SiL

I am in no way saying I like Celtic.

I am in no way saying he was a particularly good fighter. He was an idiot.

I am saying that, intentions be damned, Wolf is not a good fighter. End of. If we saw Wolf head against an Alien which responded to being attacked like any living organism would, let alone an Alien, then yes, he may have been shown to be a good fighter.

But he wasn't.

We can argue intentions all day. We can argue what they were trying to show until Kingdom Come, and a little bit further.

Or, we can look at what is so clearly in the movie.

The Aliens aren't defending themselves. Wolf's fighting style is suicidal and in no way indicative of how anyone should go about a fight.

The Aliens in AvP did, for the most part, defend themselves. Celtic's fighting style, while leaving much to be desired, showed that he was actually in some sort of a fight and showed he had some level of competency above "Strike heroic pose".

No-one who actually watched AvPR and pays attention, who considers for a second what they're seeing, can reach the conclusion that Wolf was an elite hunter. He just isn't. It's like watching Alien Resurrection and concluding Vriess is an ace marathon runner.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteVriess is an ace marathon runner.
He wasnt?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on May 14, 2008, 02:47:30 AM
I did read through the replies and none of your arguments convinced me where the preds were shown to be underpowered, while I just gave you a whole host of arguments why the aliens in AVPR were.

Celtic put up a good fight with Grid and even won right until the very end when he got cocky and then got owned (just like the predator in Predator 2 when he was about to kill Harrigan).

Gill was killed by surprise attack, paralysed through impalement through the spine so he couldn't do anything.

Scar pretty much dominated the aliens in most fights he was in except for one alien that gave him a surprise attack and impaled his shoulder and the Queen.

1. IMO, that wasn't cockiness, it was just flat-out stupidity brought in by Anderson, nothing more. The Predator is P2 had to die b/c that's just the nature of the film's demands.

2. You're right

3. That's why he was fachugged, right? And, needed a human to save his life what, three times at least?

Cinnamon

Cinnamon

Well, this is a very hard question because,  I was only able to hear most of Requiem.   :(

StealthHunter

StealthHunter

QuoteThe Predator is P2 had to die b/c that's just the nature of the film's demands.

That doesn't discount the fact that he was acting cocky and stupid.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: StealthHunter on May 15, 2008, 05:47:50 AM
QuoteThe Predator is P2 had to die b/c that's just the nature of the film's demands.

where exactly is he cocky and stupid?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 03:27:18 AM

He's referring to his death at Harrigan's hands.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 24, 2008, 03:35:31 AM

well it was a mistake, making mistakes doesnt mean you cocky and stupid..

Quote from: Cinnamon on May 15, 2008, 04:07:02 AM
Well, this is a very hard question because,  I was only able to hear most of Requiem.   :(

would have helped if you actually looked at the screen..

Craig

Craig

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 03:41:32 AM

The mistake was made because he was cocky and stupid.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Craig on May 24, 2008, 05:31:42 AM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 03:41:32 AM

The mistake was made because he was cocky and stupid.

and yeh i ask again what did he do that was so cocky and stupid, going for a kill  sht then getting a quick jab in the stomach could happen to anyone

Craig

Craig

Going for a kill which he though he had in the bag? Just maybe that's why he got so close. It's not like he was going to throw a rock at him from the other side of the room to finish him off.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Craig on May 24, 2008, 07:08:08 AM
Going for a kill which he though he had in the bag? Just maybe that's why he got so close. It's not like he was going to throw a rock at him from the other side of the room to finish him off.

i sill dont see your point, he underestimated harrigan, from what it shows he just made a mistakes but i dont see how at all he was cocky about it..

Craig

Craig

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 12:54:37 PM
Quote from: Craig on May 24, 2008, 07:08:08 AM

i sill dont see your point, he underestimated harrigan, from what it shows he just made a mistakes but i dont see how at all he was cocky about it..
Thankyou for proving my point.

Razziel

Razziel

AvP

+more that 1 predator
+good designed pyramid
-predator + Lex = love (WTF?)
-in the the part when Lex was holding ground and some guy was trying to help Lex get back.
Some alien came behind that guy. The alien killed him. Why that alien don´t killed Lex too?

AvP R

+Cool predator
+GREAT story
+Nighvision googles effect
+Predalien
-more mystakes tha in AvP
-End

So if you look at what i writed you must know that AvP R was TOTALLY better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed