International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 152,612 times)

anndrayya

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 29, 2012, 10:21:15 PM
Jesus it amazes me how much people WANT to hate this movie.

True and I don't know why. The trailer looks cool and it seems like the movie will be good. Even if its not, even if the movie is total trash its not like I haven't spent $12 bucks and 2 hours on a whole lot worst than a crap movie. 

Eva

Quote from: mastermoon on Apr 29, 2012, 10:19:35 PM
What the hell is melting that guys helmet?.
The Power of God... or something...  ;)

Funny how they both wear glasses...

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 10:14:24 PM
A lot, I'm just rolling around nude in a pile of beautiful screencaps.  :laugh:
THERE'S an image! :D

josh_axey

God damn it.
Need a good 1080p copy to analyse.

I'm liking what I see.

awavey

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 29, 2012, 09:53:59 PM
I would concede that Theron's delivery is quite flat....but I wouldn't and COULDN'T base the acting from the entire 2 hours off of the 3 to 4 lines of dialogue I've heard.

but I think thats totally intentional, her character is the companies rep who behaves less emotionally or robotically and unhuman than David 8 (who is totally doing the whole Data thing), because she either is another android plant by Weyland, or thats just her whole schtick because it contrasts neatly with the totally emotionally driven risky dangerous scientist types and the real robot who can understand emotions that Vickers clearly doesnt.

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Capovin on Apr 29, 2012, 10:22:30 PM
I would concede that Theron's delivery is quite flat....but I wouldn't and COULDN'T base the acting from the entire 2 hours off of the 3 to 4 lines of dialogue I've heard.

So far, this film looks like NOTHING I've seen before, aside from the ALIEN-like territory they're in.

I agree, so far the problems I'm seeing are her delivery/lines and holloways. The whole "do you have an agenda" and "my job is to make sure you do yours" was a bit weird for me. I'm thinking in the context of the movie it will probably work, but in the trailer it seems rushed and fake. We shall see.Otherwise looks off the hook tho

I think this trailer is a bit sloppily edited actually - the way the shots of Shaw in the Medpod are cut together makes her screams of 'cut it out' and 'pleeeease' run together.

I think this movie is going to be awesome.

fiveways

Quote from: anndrayya on Apr 29, 2012, 10:25:55 PM

True and I don't know why. The trailer looks cool and it seems like the movie will be good. Even if its not, even if the movie is total trash its not like I haven't spent $12 bucks and 2 hours on a whole lot worst than a crap movie.

$12 is 2 drinks at a bar, a shitty novel, or like a older used game.  This to me looks a lot more entertaining then any of those.  Hell, it is the first movie I am excited to go see.

My roommate hasn't seen a movie in the theatre in over 10 years.  She is a shut in with a huge anxiety disorder[she works from home and leaves once a week].  She asked me to buy her a ticket for the midnight showing.  She NEVER goes out and this is worth it for her to leave the house.  That to me speaks of the power of the trailers for it.

Game_Over_Man

Let them - it's their loss. This will hopefully be the reinvention of quality sci-fi horror we so desperately need :)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 10:27:36 PM
THERE'S an image! :D
Speaking of which, your new signature is simply sublime.  :laugh:

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 29, 2012, 10:06:01 PM
Sweepums--anything that caught your sig-making eye? ;D

I'm gonna wait for HD before I get to constructing one though... really wish I could incorporate animated GIF elements into it, there are some shots that are just too fantastic in motion to use in just a still frame.

i posted this in the sig request for me:

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 29, 2012, 10:12:00 PM
I would like this image as my new sig.

And can you please put the title of Prometheus across also?

Like this:

SpeedyMaxx

I work with this stuff (not this one, obvs) and I can tell you that's SOP for trailers.  Cutting together somewhat distanced or entirely unrelated lines to add urgency, underline a point in the plot or theme or character.  In this case it's there to amp up the hysteria of that bit with Shaw.  It's an obvious edit, but it happens all the time.

anndrayya

Quote from: Capovin on Apr 29, 2012, 10:22:30 PM

So far, this film looks like NOTHING I've seen before, aside from the ALIEN-like territory they're in.

I agree, so far the problems I'm seeing are her delivery/lines and holloways. The whole "do you have an agenda" and "my job is to make sure you do yours" was a bit weird for me. I'm thinking in the context of the movie it will probably work, but in the trailer it seems rushed and fake. We shall see.Otherwise looks off the hook tho
As beautiful as she is she is now over-rated as an actress. She was good in DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, 2 DAYS IN THE VALLEY and MONSTER. She is totally flat in the SNOW WHITE trailer as well. (horrible accent to boot)
She reminds me a bit of Angelina Jolie its like after winning oscars their acting has regressed. Jolie's acting in her earlier films compared to now.  ::)   Dang near 2 different people. 
I haven't seen YOUNG ADULT though so maybe I'm wrong. just my opinion based on what I have seen her in lately.
Still think the trailer is good and movie will rock 8)

Winkie Bear

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 29, 2012, 10:33:38 PM
I work with this stuff (not this one, obvs) and I can tell you that's SOP for trailers.  Cutting together somewhat distanced or entirely unrelated lines to add urgency, underline a point in the plot or theme or character.  In this case it's there to amp up the hysteria of that bit with Shaw.  It's an obvious edit, but it happens all the time.

Oh sure, I understand that - my point is that at that particular point, it doesn't work (for me anyway). Compared to the previous trailers, the editing on this one seems distinctly poorer.

Zenzucht

It was the pussy.

All the time.

mastermoon

Makes me wonder what that snake creature will do in this movie.

It most likely came from that eye parasite or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed