The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 72,781 times)

GQSioux

GQSioux

Seeing it in a few hours. I'll be sure to chime in later.

ManBearPred

ManBearPred

Oh momma I suddenly got a date with an advanced studio screening tonight

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Saw it earlier today, was pretty disappointed. Think the original script was better that they tested last year. My review is out on Hybrid Network for anyone interested

Huggs

Huggs

Is the novelization for this going to be following the original script?

prototypeXIII

prototypeXIII

Looks good to me.  All i wanted is the predator f@#king shit up on the big screen, if the movie accomplishes that i say its a hit.  If your looking for a deep plot with rich context go watch Gone with the Wind or some other fruity marry poppin's bullshit.

There is no deep plot in the first movie - alien hunter killing people. I don't understand the huge circle jerk in modern cinema where people want 18 layers of inception like context to satisfy their hypercritical sense of validation.  It's an action move - if it accomplishes that, that's a one up from half the movies out there that fall short of their genre, and from everything i hear it has plenty of action.

Its okay to have plot-lines but lets not forget you can only shove so much in a movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: prototypeXIII on Sep 11, 2018, 04:24:22 AM
If your looking for a deep plot with rich context go watch Gone with the Wind or some other fruity marry poppin's bullshit.

Hey, that "Alabama Tick" scene was freakin' award material. "I ain't got time to bleed" is right up there with "You can't handle the truth" and " I'll never go hungry again". Jesse deserved an Oscar for that performance. Not just anybody could stand there and sell clotting the way he did.

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Sep 10, 2018, 10:06:05 PM
Well RT score is down to 60% now  :-\
52% now. :-( Very disappointed. Just cannot believe it's not as good as Predators that holds a solid 65%.
Hopefully the following reviews will be positive.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: 343 on Sep 11, 2018, 06:13:04 AM
52% now. :-( Very disappointed. Just cannot believe it's not as good as Predators that holds a solid 65%.

Ya this is sad. I had high hopes. Ill still go see it but I'm not expecting much.

yautjapet

yautjapet

It makes me sad to see such a low percentage - not simply because I personally wanted to like the movie and don't think I will based on all I've heard, but because I love this franchise, and I wish it could have a really solid, stellar movie for fans and casual audiences alike to enjoy and to ensure continuing success. I guess I'm just afraid about what another dud of a movie will do to its reputation and the timeline for future movies.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: yautjapet on Sep 11, 2018, 06:56:52 AM
It makes me sad to see such a low percentage - not simply because I personally wanted to like the movie and don't think I will based on all I've heard, but because I love this franchise, and I wish it could have a really solid, stellar movie for fans and casual audiences alike to enjoy and to ensure continuing success. I guess I'm just afraid about what another dud of a movie will do to its reputation and the timeline for future movies.

Couldn't had said it better man..I feel the same.

The Old One

The Old One

It's a slightly higher score than that of Predator' original sequel, and what proceeded that was 20 years of nothing.

von

von

i think this pretty much summarizes all the reviews in a single tweet. almost every review says it's FUN. that's a great thing. as shane said, it's a movie not a film.

let's not get too fixated with RT scores and enjoy the freaking movie with your loved ones at the theatre ;D

https://twitter.com/agentbizzle/status/1039367659983273984

Huntsman

Huntsman

I never really expect high scores with Predator films. That's never a surprise to me.

Quote from: Huntsman on Sep 11, 2018, 10:10:57 AM
I never really expect high scores with Predator films. That's never a surprise to me.
It suprises me because Predators got a 65%.
Now down to 49%!

Huntsman

Huntsman

Predators is an underrated film, and I think it's better than 65%. I think the ending of The Predator sounds goofy, but if I enjoy the majority of the film I'm going to be okay with the whole product. These movies aren't Shakespeare and never claimed to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed