Kenner Aliens comics

Started by Extroheal, Jul 30, 2009, 11:09:20 PM

Author
Kenner Aliens comics (Read 81,229 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah I got mine for surprisingly cheap on eBay, too. I grabbed the Operation Aliens game and the original 1979 Alien boardgame for like $10 apiece.

predxeno

predxeno

I got my Aliens Kenner comics for about $10 on ebay as well.  I bet you guys that I am still the only one on this site who takes these stories to be canon. :D  Does this make me really loyal or really dumb?

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 29, 2013, 03:49:13 AM
I got my Aliens Kenner comics for about $10 on ebay as well.  I bet you guys that I am still the only one on this site who takes these stories to be canon. :D  Does this make me really loyal or really dumb?
Really obsessed.

SM

SM

QuoteI bet you guys that I am still the only one on this site who takes these stories to be canon.

Only person anywhere.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Shit, I do (with caveats).

Rambo

Rambo

I'd be interested in hearing how you canonize the deceased Marines referring to the mission they died on in the Kenner comic (can't remember which one). I can't even think of an android plot twist that makes it work out to the same timeline!

SM

SM

Clones.

And Drake got promoted no less.  Hicks must be pissed he didn't die on LV-426 too.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Apr 29, 2013, 05:47:33 AM
I'd be interested in hearing how you canonize the deceased Marines referring to the mission they died on in the Kenner comic (can't remember which one). I can't even think of an android plot twist that makes it work out to the same timeline!
The short version of my explanation is that the comics are in-universe propaganda, and aren't literally depicting real events. The locations might be real, ATAX might be real, perhaps the Marines are actually synthetics based on the original Marines, perhaps with false memories (there's even precedent for this in the EU). It'd explain how they're able to take on whole hives singlehandedly, never get facehugged, never suffer acid damage... they accomplish superhuman things because they're literally not human. :P

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Apr 29, 2013, 05:47:33 AM

I just say that we never officially saw Apone and Drake die; sure Drake got splashed everywhere with acid but I recall that Vasquez seemed to think there was a chance the he was still alive, Hicks just held her back.  And since A:CM confirms that Hadley's Hope isn't completely gone, perhaps WY picked these guys up like they did with Hicks.

SM

SM

So Drake and Apone just "got better"?

predxeno

predxeno

I guess. :-\  Hey, I work with what I have; and we all know it isn't the best. :'(

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Wasn't it Hudson who said in the APC   "Deitrich & Sarge are still alive...their signs are low but..."

Vasquez wanted to go back & get them...Hudson objected...Ripley said they were being cocooned. I don't recall Drake being mentioned as being alive.

SM

SM

He wasn't.  Anyone who watched the movie knows he wasn't.

Apone was either bursted or vapourised.

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 30, 2013, 12:40:00 AM
I guess. :-\  Hey, I work with what I have; and we all know it isn't the best. :'(

Alternately you could exercise a critical mind and just admit that some stuff is too dopey to contemplate.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Apr 30, 2013, 12:46:39 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Apr 30, 2013, 12:40:00 AM

Alternately you could exercise a critical mind and just admit that some stuff is too dopey to contemplate.

That's not how my canon works. :(

SM

SM

It could.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed