Skinning

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Mar 11, 2007, 12:08:35 AM

Author
Skinning (Read 3,008 times)

Newsfop

Newsfop

If you saw Silent Hill, you would have seen Pyramid Head skinn Anna. It's been done already, so why couldn't the Predator?

SM

SM

They're never going to show skinning on screen.

However, Anderson did a nice little number on DJ in Event Horizon.  It showed Weir picking up some nasty looking surgical instruments, a CU on DJ choking as Weir does soemthing out of shot, then Miller discovers the aftermath, lit just enough that you know it's gruesome but not exactly how gruesome.

Something like that would work with Predator skinning.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Maybe if it was dark. That's one possible out.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

PH did more pulling then skinning, and apparently the skin came off like an overcoat.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Maybe reflect back on Predator when Billy's spine was ripped out. It was viewed from afar. There's another option to consider.

SM

SM

Yeah that could work too.

A long shot of the Predator in silhouette rummaging around with a body, then he picks it up by the scruff of the neck, and the body slips out of the skin which is still in the Predators hand.

Implication can work a lot better.  The audience goes "Wha...? (pause) Ooohhhh..."

SiL

SiL

I thought the skinning in Silent Hill was ridiculous. It wasn't scary, it was comical.

SM

SM

Therein lies the problem if you get too graphic.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

well SH is a little over the top.

SiL

SiL

I also think a shot of a body falling out of its skin would garner a chuckle. Heaven forbid he'd do it the old cut-and-peel way.

SM

SM

Possibly.

Depends on the lead up and how it's edited.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I want there to be a "perfect amount of gore", but I want one gore scene to stick out, such as a skinning, or a really violent Predator vs Alien fight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed