Fargo Director Dana Gonzales To Direct Alien TV Series

Started by Gimitko, Nov 11, 2023, 07:43:57 PM

Author
Fargo Director Dana Gonzales To Direct Alien TV Series (Read 2,983 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

This might be very unlikely but this Tv series is set to be 70 years from now give or take 209-? So years before
events of Alien taking place on earth, do you surprise there's a chances there could be Easter eggs foreshadowing, tie-in acknowledgment to Prometheus or is the Tv series more likely to be standalone disregarding Ridley's prequels?

Nightmare Asylum

Recent comments from Hawley referred to the prequels as "historical documents," so I don't expect this show to be writing the prequels out of existence by any means but I also don't think the core lingering questions (like David's whereabouts) are going to factor in.

Since we're supposedly seeing a ship in this show with a Weyland-Yutani logo (rather than a Weyland Industries one) I wouldn't be shocked if there's some allusion to Peter's Prometheus mission tanking the company to some extent and leading to the necessity of a merger with Yutani.

Also, I don't expect it by any means, but I'd definitely be curious about the presence of some sort of Engineer installation on Earth, given that they had obviously been here over the years before abandoning us...

Local Trouble

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 23, 2023, 10:53:08 PMSince we're supposedly seeing a ship in this show with a Weyland-Yutani logo (rather than a Weyland Industries one) I wouldn't be shocked if there's some allusion to Peter's Prometheus mission tanking the company to some extent and leading to the necessity of a merger with Yutani.

I always just assumed that the loss of Weyland and Vickers left the company vulnerable to a merger that neither of them would have approved of had they been around to stop it.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 23, 2023, 11:01:06 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 23, 2023, 10:53:08 PMSince we're supposedly seeing a ship in this show with a Weyland-Yutani logo (rather than a Weyland Industries one) I wouldn't be shocked if there's some allusion to Peter's Prometheus mission tanking the company to some extent and leading to the necessity of a merger with Yutani.

I always just assumed that the loss of Weyland and Vickers left the company vulnerable to a merger that neither of them would have approved of had they been around to stop it.

Yeah, that definitely tracks.

Save the full blown "collapse of the corporation" fun for post-Alien 3.

Slutty Badger

No, the Prometheus mission and Peter Weyland's other pet projects tanked Weyland Corp.

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer the other interpretation myself, although I am sure that the Prometheus and the first colony ships are expensive, Meredith Vickers' dialogue implies to me that the company's suffering under Sir Peter Weyland.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Nov 24, 2023, 09:33:48 AM

No, the Prometheus mission and Peter Weyland's other pet projects tanked Weyland Corp.

What other pet projects?

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 24, 2023, 04:07:36 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Nov 24, 2023, 09:33:48 AM

What other pet projects?

It's mentioned in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual that Peter Weyland had overextended the company's assets to fund his pet projects, leaving the company in severe debt. The pet projects are not elaborated upon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed