Music

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2007, 07:10:50 AM

Author
Music (Read 1,704 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

On IMDB, Greg was asked:

I heard alot of rumors that the Strause Brothers come to these boards and respond to questions or comments from the fans so I was just wondering 2 very small things, since filming for AVP 2 is complete....can you tell us the exact runtime for AVP 2 if you've got it already (most Alien & Predator films are pretty long) and also when it comes to the musical score, will we be hearing any of that great theme music from the Predator films (scored by Alan Silvestri) or from Aliens (scored by James Horner) ? Thank You

And he replied:

We won't know the run time for quite a while. Editing is under way, and we have months of work to do. We are huge fans of the orig scores....I repeat..we're goingback to the roots.

I think we'll be getting some fantastic instrumental score.

But what sort of stuff do you want to see in there? I'd really like some vocal tracks like Final Omen(the AvP trailer music).

yautja99

yautja99

Corporal Hicks the first AVP lacked good music the trailer had cool music the one you were talking about

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

Brian Tyler ("Constantine") is a great composer in my opinion, so I think the music will be good 8)

Poncho

Poncho

I would love have composer, Alan Silvestri to do AvP2's music score! His scores from Predator & Predator 2 ROCK! Really powerful, intense and chilling music! ;D

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

True, Sylvestri was great.

I want the Trumpet/drums theme from Predator incorporated in AVP 2 more.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: yautja99 on Jan 16, 2007, 07:34:37 AM
Corporal Hicks the first AVP lacked good music the trailer had cool music the one you were talking about

I actually really liked the score for AvP1. I felt it captured the essence of the Alien/Predator movies really well.

Predator Schwarzenegger

Predator Schwarzenegger

Well, the score for AVP1 was good, but I think the second, purely because it is bigger, needs more bravado. A decent melding of both theme styles is a great idea - like Aliens' metallic pounding (like Ripley driving through the complex in the personnel carrier) and Predator's militaristic sound (like the opeing chopper sequence).

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I thought the music in AVP was good too. I love the music that plays when the pyramid is first revealed and when the predator spaceship leaves. I didn't really like the music that played when Lex and Scar were running from the bomb. Something about just didn't sit well with me. I liked the rest though. I hope the score of AVP 2 is even better though. I listened to Brain Tyler's music on his website and they are fantastic. Sounds like the music in AVP 2 will have more militaristic sounds. Much more bombastic and epic.

batanga

batanga

Something like a mix of Predator 2 and Aliens/Alien 3.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1170002434&archive=

Colin's confirmed that we'll be getting orchestral stuff which I'm thrilled about!

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 16, 2007, 07:10:50 AM
"we're goingback to the roots."

Great, this is what I wanted to read!

I really liked the ambient music from Predator 2, when Harrigan is in the Predator ship...It would be great if they'd include part of it in AVP2, or at least something similar.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Music is very important to a film. In Aliens, James Horner really made us feel in serious danger and a strong sense of terror through his great score. The part where Ripley and Newt fly away from the queen at the end and then the bomb goes off is such a great exmaple of what im talking about. Music can really turn a scene around and make you feel something much more.

AVP suffered big time from that, the only part where I can say I really felt something powerful through the music in AVP, was when the Predator ship slowly flew away from Lex, leaving her behind, that's it! lol.

I wrote to the brothers one time and got a very simple reply. I said "try not to work too hard we are going to need you for AVP 3, hell maybe even 4!"

and all he had to say is................... ;D

Just a smile from the icons, mmmmmm I wonder if we are getting other AVP films?

Newsfop

Newsfop

Silvestri can make ANYTHING big. Just think about what actually goes on in the Back to the Future movies. Just imagine how dumb they would be without Silvestri's music. He has the gift of being able to make the good great and the lousy tolerable. Just look at the second Tomb Raider Movie. Topping him will be no small task.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed