predator vision

Started by predpant, Jan 08, 2007, 05:37:39 PM

Author
predator vision (Read 3,537 times)

predpant

predpant

sounds like the old pred vision that we all know and love is back accrding to imdb board

http://imdb.com/title/tt0758730/board/thread/63284554

this is the best news ive heard  ;D

Hardass Predator

Hardass Predator

oh i totally agree, the original pred vision was so realistic, the different vision panels in pred 2 had a cool touch also, but avp was too crisp and too clear to be beleivable.

Darkness

Darkness

Thanks. I added it as news. I hope it turns out to be true.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yep, there's another continuity mishap.  :P

I'll admit I hated the AvP vision too, but I hope we see some more Alien-vision.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

i also hope it turns out to be true that orange vision really sucked balls.....

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Yeah, this is good news, orange vision was rubbish.

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

I liked the visions in Pred 1 & 2 a lot more too. They should definitely use various vision modes like in the second movie. The AvP vision as mentioned above was too clean, too much like a Terminator POV or something. Let's hope this is true!

Darkness

Darkness

Colin Strause commented further on the vision mode:

"Here's the deal. Thermal and IR cameras are the same thing. The "thermal" difference is a real-time color correcting hardware built into a IR camera (different from nightvision IR) that does the different color modes. The CCD chip in the camera produces a black and white image which is re-mapped to give it that color banded look. All the footage for this film was recorded in its black and white default look, and then we'll be doing all the coloring in post so we have more control over the tempature ranges.

We filmed our APC video all on thermal cameras, so we are very used to how they work. You can't see through glass, liquids, or see any patterens in materials. Also, there's a company that sells head-gear thermal glasses if you want to be a real life Predator for about 10 grand. :)"

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Yeah, I read that. This is good news.

predpant

predpant

sounds a bit technicle what is he actually saying lol

Darkness

Darkness

Not sure myself. I think he's just saying that the predator vision mode will be coloured in post-production.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

LOL yep.  :D That would be the gist of what he's saying. Real IR wouldn't look the way it does in the films because most things would be giving off heat, so in order to control how things look, they colour it themselves, giving people the more prominent colours and toning down in the background.

predpant

predpant

really,  sounds good  ;) thanks

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

Yeah, it seems like they want to correct some mistakes of AvP like the vision and the violence! I hope this turns out really good :)

Darkness

Darkness

Something I just noticed when watching the Making of AvP feature:

Seems the orange vision was shot when they filmed it through the camera. So it's good news that the strause brothers will be colouring it post-production.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed