Predator: Hunting Grounds to be Revived on Xbox and PS5! Illfonic Taking Over Publishing

Started by RidgeTop, Mar 28, 2024, 05:32:34 PM

Author
Predator: Hunting Grounds to be Revived on Xbox and PS5! Illfonic Taking Over Publishing (Read 2,692 times)

The Shuriken

So this whole time, everyone thought the devs just ghosted everyone, and instead were working on the next phase?

I understand not being able to go into details, but isn't there SOMETHING that could have been said to quell the waters of all the anger and speculation? No one could say anything?

BlueMarsalis79

Non disclosure agreements can be tough.

(Bad Blood)

Woohoo! Outstanding! Actually thought this game was done for, so this is welcome news!

Embry Starred

I'm so stoked this is coming to xbox! All my friends play online on that platform. I pray it's really optimized and excited for updates. I hope they add new maps. It is already in a decent state in terms of content this time around instead of 3 maps at launch. Fingers crossed. What a nice surprise predator and alien fans are eating good lately.

GreybackElder

Yeah, that's great and all but daaaammnnnn those wait times for the predator was terrible 10:00 + minutes regularly. I might play 4 or 5 games a night and it would be over an hour.

Embry Starred

Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 29, 2024, 01:08:27 AMYeah, that's great and all but daaaammnnnn those wait times for the predator was terrible 10:00 + minutes regularly. I might play 4 or 5 games a night and it would be over an hour.

Maybe they will add hardcore hunt into the public game modes to help!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Much as I've relished these reportings, news, web articles of Alien Romulus the updates, tidbits, rumours, interviews promo it's nice to see something from Predator.

Gonna be busy months of Alien Romulus coverage, terrific way to celebrate the 45th anniversary of Alien and the franchise overall.

Have to wait til July for the supposed production on Dan Trachtenberg's Badlands, and more to come on Predator's future.

It may sound weird to hear but I've came across the occasional fan who were slightly annoyed back in the day Predator had only 2 films and Alien had more with 4, they like Alien fine but wondered why Predator didn't get its parts 3 and 4, this would later change but Alien was still ahead with 2 entries out numbering Predator and held the curiosity that could have the potential of over taking Alien with number of installments considering Predator more varied and versatile for multiple films/adventures to explore.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I always thought much the same actually honestly, why Predator did not get half a dozen films in the nineties instead of just the 2nd one... beyond me, it took twenty years to get a 3rd Predator film.

Mr.Turok

I still think another Predator game should be greenlight too. Had a bunch of great Alien games, and Alien content in general, but sorely lacking on the Predator side of things so I'm just hoping that at least the new declaration of support will actually meet expectations.

Crew Expendable

I hope this means we will see the Prey predator make an appearance. It's a crime all we've had is the mask for so long.

germanator2

I wouldn't mind a remaster or a reboot of Predator: Concrete Jungle.

Lionhart

Finally, can't wait to play it on the series X.

Wweyland

They need to add some maps or game modes to make it worthwhile.
If they are not confident about a city map, they should make an "in-between", with a half-jungle, half favela or something.
Also, an "Ultimate Edition" would be nice.

SuperiorIronman

Bafflingly they have enough playerbase to consider that viable. Not that I'm complaining, it's just that I'm shocked it's even doing a relaunch. Like yeah it's gonna be more of the same on Xbox and some new Predator but that's huge and I just wasn't expecting that.

And without Sony that's one less entity Illfonic has to answer to so that's probably good for getting content out quicker. After the initial updates I'd be very interested to see where they go with this.

The Cruentus

Always wanted to have a chance at playing this game, so this is good news.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed